IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Trying to get my post count up, but my best shot of last season when I decided to take of this fantastic game came in the unlikeliest of ways. I had sliced my tee shot fairly bad (like i normally do) and placed myself in a bit of a pickle. I was behind a large power line tower, also with a bit of an uphill climb from the hills in front of me. The pin was blind roughly 130-140 yards out. I grabbed my PW and took a clean swing and rocketed the ball from the face of my club.

I had no idea where the ball landed as my playing partner (my g/f at the time's Dad) was watching. I asked him where the ball had landed and he responded about 15 feet from the pin. I couldn't believe it. I went on to shoot my best round of 9 that day with a 46.

In my Tour Sasquatch Stand Bag

Driver: 10.5* R9 460
Fairway Wood: Dymo2 3 Wood
Hybrid: SUMO 21* 3 HybridIrons: Pro Combo Forged Irons 4-PW Gap Wedge 52* Vokey Sand Wedge: iWedge 56* Lob Wedge: MX-950 60*Putter: Studio Select Fastback No. 1 35"

My best shot was actually 5 shots. 555 yard par 5. 3h off the tee, 3h from fairway to 150 yards, 7i hole high 6 feet left of green, 60* wedge to 3 feet and one putt. I parred a hole that has given me fits in the past!!!!!

Its a par 3 138 yards over water

Grabbed my 8 iron and let her fly and boy did she. Landed 7' past the hole and sucked back about a foot to leave me a 6 footer for birdie. Which i then proceeded to leave 6 inches left of the hole

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

This is more like the perfectly executed hole. Par 5, 530 yards, dogleg right the left. I could hit a 3 wood off the tee and hit it in the fairway with about 300 yards left or hit driver and fly it over some 40 feet trees to go over the dog leg and have about 230 yards left. I did the latter. PW lay up to about 122 yards, PW to about 3 feet from the hole. Birdie. One of these days i'm gonna get the guts to go for it in 2 for an eagle opportunity. Just don't want to hit it in the creek guarding the hole.

In My cleveland.gifΒ Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW |Β cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges:Β cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

Hit an approach shot from about 185 and hit it fat leaving my self short sided on an upward slope guarding the green. So sitting withthe ball sitting at the bottom of the hill but still an uphill lie with the ball about a foot above my feet and only being able to see the very top of the pin. I hit a flop shoot about 20 yrds to land on the back side of the hill and roll the ball down the slope to hit the pin and leave a 6" left for par. I wish someone was tending the flag and might of had a birdie. Oh well shot of the day bay far.

WITB:

• Driver: TitleistΒ TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges:Β Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser MilledΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So two more shots to list

One was on a par 4 that dog legs rleft. I was striking the ball well today so I decided to pull my 7 iron from 150 and hit it up over the trees dead at the flag. Hit the shot just the way I wanted too and ball landed pin high 6 feet to the right of the flag and came to a stop about 12 feet from the hole.

The other was just a great drive by my standards. It was a 520 yard par 5 and I hit my best drive to date. Dead center of the fairway and gps measured 278. The ground was still pretty wet so that was without much roll

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Finally got a chance to play a round of golf last week after we finished melting off the 60 freaking inches of snow we got here in Maryland!!!! First hole, drive was in the fairway, about 148 to the pin. Hit an 8 iron like butta and stuffed it to about 4.5 feet. Promptly missed the first "official" putt with my new Odyssey White Hot #9 lol...

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Hit my drive a little bit right into some shortish rough. I had around 90 metres left into the par 4 green. Pulled out pitching wedge and hit it good. It took one bounce on the fringe then rolled out across the whole green right into the cup for my 3rd ever eagle.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Not on the course... none of them are opened around me yet... but I've been hitting the range a lot recently. It's been difficult to judge how far I've been hitting clubs because the range I frequent doesn't have any markers beyond 185 yards... so once my driver got beyond that, it was guess work. Went to a different range yesterday... and they had markers up to 225 yards... but then a fence just a few yards beyond that.

Met my new golf partner for the first time (we were paired together in a club) and we started out with wedges. Then we progressed up towards our woods. As we got to the driver, he said he's usually pretty poor with the driver... hitting it short and with a slice. I told him I'd been getting better with my driver and then proceeded to hit five straight shots into the netting (about 230 yards) about 2/3 of the way up. I was beginning to think that the yardages listed were wrong... but when I got home, I used Google Earth to verify.

With driving range balls, I was carrying the ball about 250. I'm JACKED to play this season... but I know it's not gonna translate onto the course. Nine days and counting until round one of 2010.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71Β - Pine IslandΒ Country Club - 6/25/2022
-Β 9 HolesΒ - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Β 

Hit two real good drives today (one of which carried 235 and rolled to 322...real hard fairways), but the best shot was a 40 pitch shot.

I had come up short on my approach...very slick fairways and I slipped and ended up off balance. Anyway, about 30 of the 40 yards was over sand and it was really intimidating for me. Anyway, made my shot and it hit about 13-14 feet past the hole a little bit left. For the first time in my life, the ball hit and spun backwards. It came back about 6 feet and I had 7 feet to cover for a scramble par...which I struck 3 inches wide.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

4-iron to 1' on the 199y Par 3 8th on Brookside GC #1 in Pasadena . I had just come off a birdie on 6 too. I was just feeling this shot. The pin was back with a slight wind in my face. I figured it was playing 205y. I hit a great shot just like I'd imagined in my pre-shot routine. A perfect trajectory fade through the wind. ShotTracker would have looked really cool on this shot. But, yeah, I'll take a no-brainer birdie on a long par 3 any day!

The bad news. My worst shot of the week was also included in the same round of golf. We won't get into that.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
5-Iron from 186 downhill a club but into a really stiff wind that was quartering into and from the right. Played a knockdown that stuck six feet right past the flag. Made the putt.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

This is why they call me the Right handed Phil Mickelson.

Par 5, 5th hole. Straight hole, but theres a line of trees on the right on top of a hill that runs down the entire length of the hole, and just to the right of the trees, it drops into a valley with water. So don't go right. What do I end up doing? Going right. I'm in the trees on my 3rd shot, and all I have is a small gap, about 10 yards in front of me, but I have to keep the ball about 5 feet off the ground max, and have to fade it through it to get anywhere near the green. Pulled off the punch shot I was visualizing in my head with my 2 hybrid and hit it right through that gap, then it started to fade. I was about 170 out, and the ball was pin high and on the right fringe. Made par of course.

Par 4, 10th hole. Straight hole, and nothing really in the way, except if I go left a little on the tee shot, theres a couple trees next to a cart path that would be in my way. Which way do I go again? LEFT. I'm in the straw under the first tree. I have about 145 to the hole. I have to get it under the first tree, and draw it up and around the second. Punch 3/4 powered 9 iron to 20 feet. Didn't make the putt but boy was my recovery game on fire this day.

Par 4, 12th hole. Straight hole again, but water all along the right, and left is trees and houses. I go left again and I'm right under a tree. Branches are over hanging and in my way, like I'm right under the foliage. I don't have a full swing at the ball: maybe 3/4 at the most. About 135 out. Theres another tree in front of me like on hole 10. Took a swing, made it under the tree I'm under, and drew it up and around the tree in front of me. I did the arnold palmer finish too; back and forth head swaying to see the ball. Pin high, 15 feet, made the bird.

The last 2 were in the same round. I shot a +2, 74.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9ΒΊ
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50ΒΊ, 54ΒΊ
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Taylormade RAC 58ΒΊ
Putter:Β Ping Darby 32" shaft

Β 

Played back 9 at Indian Hills in Mt Vernon, IL. Shot 46(+10), above average for me. Had a couple of best shots, both of the par 3's. Hole 14, 177 yard par 3, hit my 5 hybrid fat off the tee and landed 20 yards short, chipped to about 20 ft past the hole and drained the putt to save par. Hole 17, 137 yards. Hit my 8 iron just short of the flag to the right fringe about 20 ft away from the hole. Just wanted to putt it close and get an easy par but rolled it right in for birdie, first one this year. The previous hole(16) got real lucky. Its a 393 yard par 4 with water right in front of the green. Hit an ok drive(for me, was hitting driver pretty well all day). Had about 180 yards to hole over water. Hit my 4 hybrid and hit a low crappy shot that didnt look like it made it, i saw it skip over the water and didnt know if it made it. Somehow it skipped over the water to about 10 ft short of the green, close enough to putt and 2 putted and made par.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14Β°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20Β°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23Β°5h-warrior golf tcp 26Β° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56Β° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Played a quick 9 after work this week at a local course. First Tee.

Par 5, about 470 yards. Hit the drive to the right of the fairway near a ton of hills, of course it bounces into the woods. So I take my drop shot way back being ticked off. I take a 3 iron and put it about 145 yards from the green. Make the 145 yard shot my 4th shot cause of the drop. I line up knowing that if I go long, the ball is gone. The green is wide but not not front to back long. I take a 9 iron and aim left of the hole hoping to play the slop a tad. Flag was towards the back right of the green.

Hit the ball and you can hear it smack the green, so I run left to see if I can see the back right of the green. I cant see the ball due to the slope in the green. I assumed the ball rolled to the back of the green on the fringe. Start walking towards the green and the ball was sitting 8 inches from the hole. It caught the slope and that bad boy rolled stiff!!!

Tapped in the par and that was with a drop shot.

One of the better shots in my 1 year of playing.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

3rd shot, par 5, 55 yards over a bunker (not yet raked out from the winter) with the pin tucked right behind. I stuck my new 60* stiff and tapped in for bird.

- Shane