IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge February 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2/7: 5 minutes reviewing last lesson. I have missed 2 drills since my last lesson that I'm supposed to be doing! Geez. 10 minutes doing them both. Ball between elbows on backswing. Plus an exercise on extensor action where I keep my left arm limp like a rope, and use my right arm to do the backswing, keeping elbow in proper position.

Then went to the range to shoot video. Did lots of slow motion shots first, then did about 10 full swings to get loose and find the ball. Then recorded DTL and FO- one time full swing shots for submission. No do-over. Kind of like on the course- you get what you get. Will post to swing thread later, hopefully.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Off work today. Was hoping the putting cup cover thingy would show up so I can go down to the putting green at Winter Pines and make a few rolls. I don't think the post office has delivered mail to our house in over a week. Then again, I shouldn't be driving on these pain meds. Dude...

Did a bunch of swings in in the backyard focusing on the same things that I have been. I might set up the net after the lawn people do their thing for some extra credit.

- Shane

2/7/2017 - I didn't necessarily get much practice time today.  I got a late start at the course due to a conference call for work.  I did manage to hit about 10 balls on the range, in a hurry, before teeing off.  

I got to play, however, so... at least I got on the course and worked on my game a bit.  

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

2/7-Mirror work at the gym before my workout. Worked on float load feel at transition. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2/7: A quick 5 minutes of pitching practice before it stormed this evening. Set up a few buckets around the yards and alternated shots between them.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Swing drills in the hotel room

5 min of slow mo structured swings a la Martin Hall

Need to find more excercises. This one is hard to do for 5 min

2/7: Rain all day, and no chance to make full swings. Rehearsed driver address and aiming routine while watching TV.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2/08 - grip, pitch swings...tried a couple of full swings, but shoulder didn't like it very much

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2/8 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on float load feel at transition. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

2/8: Got caught by the rain this evening. I did manage to get some video of my driver, 3 wood, and 7 iron though. A couple minutes of slow swings thinking about balance and arm position before doing the recordings. Hopefully I'll get it edited and posted to my swing post soon. ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

2/8/2017 - I read the blog post and drill @iacas posted about the wall drill and flexibility in 2015. That got me thinking about my own lack of flexibility, so I spent some time doing that drill. 

I won't get to the course tomorrow due to the wind they are forecasting, in all likelihood... but I'm gonna give that drill more time over the coming weeks to try and get a better turn.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

2/8: Yet another day of raining all afternoon, so I spent a few minutes going over my grip, keeping my hands in a neutral position, and especially making sure my bottom hand isn't getting too strong.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2/09 - slow take aways with focus on steady head and hip rotation with balanced weight shift on downswing and follow through

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2/9 - Putting in the basement and some shoulder turn work. Having a blizzard today and working from home. :cry:

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!