IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge February 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2/5 - 10 minutes putting in the basement.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18 holes at 18 over for a 90

hit warm bucket of balls and two buckets afterward.

working on maintaining lag and beginning to feel it. Easier with driver than 7 iron still. Slowing swing down seems to help as I get quick

Got a nice weather day here, sunny and 50, so got a chance to play 9 with my second oldest daughter. Had a great time and fun to be out playing again. Focused on my couple of priorities I'm working on with evolvr and actually scored pretty well. Looking forward to keep grinding during practice each day and playing more this year. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

2/05: 5-6ft putts, focus on bead

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2/5/2017 - I spent a good amount of time at the short game facility at my home course today working on chips of varying length (15 feet - 60 feet).  

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

2/5: Left wrist only today, avoiding cupping at the top, and on the downswing to impact. Smooth swings after doing a check swing at A6 in the foyer, hitting squishy golf balls at the mirror. Hit quite a few shanks, but the wrist condition felt good. I mainly want to focus on form while there's a ball in the path of the club, not worrying about how good contact is.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2/5: Started off with a few minutes of slow backswings to A3, then to A4, checking my right elbow at each point and stopping to feel correct position, then back down to A6 and A8. Noticed early on that I (still) have a bad balance problem and typically start off-balance, so I stopped with the new piece and an did about 10 or 15 minutes of slow back and downswings with alignment rods down, focusing only on good balance at the start and a steady head. Stayed aware of arm position and hip turn during this time, but tried not to focus on them, more just checking every now and then for good positions.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

2/5: pulled the putter out from my bag, and just spent a few minutes going over my setup. Locking in the right posture, keeping an even grip pressure, and so on.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

16 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

2/05: 5-6ft putts, focus on bead

2/06 - ditto

Also started physical therapy stuff the afternoon after my operation and went to my 1st official therapy visit this morning. I have full passive motion (with "some discomfort") and I've not had that in 13 years...so that's exciting. Along way to go as far as being fully functional with correct scapulohumeral mechanics, but improvement nonetheless.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2/6 - Mirror work at the gym. Worked on float load feel during transition per my Evolvr lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

More swings out back. Weaker grip. I started with the club about waist high, rotate the left hip back and let the club come on through. After a dozen or so of that, I would do more of a full swing, but slower. Slowly sped it up. 

- Shane

2/6/17 - I took some swings in my garage this afternoon to post to my swing thread and then this evening, I spent about 10 minutes taking pitch and chip swings in my living room trying to consistently just brush my club against the area rug to groove that movement.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

2/6: Set up some alignment rods (one parallel to feet/target line, and one in ground on that line, about 4 feet back) and alternating reps on slow backswings to A3, and to A3 then to A4, focus was on better arm path while keeping steady head and balance. Spent 10-15 minutes doing this without hitting a single shot, trying to "groove in" the feel. Then 15 or 20 shots for fun.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Traveling this week and next so to keep practice regime going, turned to drills in the hotel room

5 min of slow mo structured swings a la Martin Hall

2/6: 10 minutes with right elbow on backswing. Staying in front of me, checking in mirror at A4. Then slow downswings to a soft golf ball hitting inside, feeling right elbow positioning on the way down.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2/6: Not much time to fit in any practice today, but I was able to take some pants-pocket-to-pants-pocketpractice swings with a club in my hands, keeping the hands low.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

2/07 - chipping with a putting stroke with focus on bead and speed

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 2574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!