IGNORED

Michigan

bkuehn1952
Note: This thread is 2191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure I can make it - and I like your rush hour traffic in Lansing joke.
I have a 20 minute drive to get there (22 during rush hour), and maybe 7 minutes if I go into the office first.

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We may have stumbled upon another member and I sent him a pm just now, @ignatiuswriter

Right now I am leaning toward College Fields on May 19. Cost and the fact that I have not played there (yes, a bit selfish but that's life ;-))

@tlazzol pointed out the Groupon deal, which we can use for 4, 6 or 8 players.  If we have an odd number, one of us can sign up as a senior.  The average cost per member would be $25 to $28.

I can purchase the Groupon deal(s) once we have a tentative head count.  If someone can't make it, I will have plenty of time to use the deals later this year.

A tee time around 10 am should give all of us some time to drive and somewhat avoid rush hour.  Or do you think 11 am is better?

@JonMA1 @dennyjones @Braivo @Wally Fairway @MSchott 

I'm retired..   Either time works for me.   I'm an early riser..

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Okay, we have 5 commitments (including myself).  @tlazzol has purchased a Groupon 4-some.  If we stay at 5, I can just sign up as a senior.  If we have 6, @tlazzol has another 2-some Groupon but we may need to pretend we are two groups.

The earliest I can book a tee time for May 19 online is May 5 so that will be my responsibility.  If we pickup 1-2 more players, I am sure we can fit in everyone. 

@JonMA1 @dennyjones  @Wally Fairway 

Brian Kuehn

Consider me a soft commitment at this point. I start a new job on Monday and I am not sure I can get the time off yet. I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation. 

- Mark

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

Consider me a soft commitment at this point. I start a new job on Monday and I am not sure I can get the time off yet. I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation. 

No problem.  We will make two tee times and if we get 5,6,7 or 8, everything will work out. The one thing none of us should stress about is golf.  Unless we all turn out to be complete jerks, I have to believe we will have another "outing' in 2017.

Brian Kuehn

33 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

@bkuehn1952 - looks like I qualify for the senior rate. I'd be happy to use that instead of the groupon deal.

I also qualify for the senior rate.  

If you don't mind an old man with a higher h'cap than the rest of you, I might be interested.  Would be nice to put some faces with the names on here.

• Upvote 1
Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

4 minutes ago, StrayCat said:

If you don't mind an old man with a higher h'cap than the rest of you, I might be interested.  Would be nice to put some faces with the names on here.

You're welcome to join @StrayCat.... and you won't have the highest handicap if I show up. 

Jon

Friday's are not great but I can take the day off if needed. 10am would be better than 11am for me.

12 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I also qualify for the senior rate.  

One of the benefits of aging - I love the senior rates (turning 60 next year, and will then qualify for a whole new set of discounts)

Players play, tough players win!

Okay, right now we are aiming for Friday, May 19 at 10am - College Fields.  @tlazzol has graciously purchased Groupon deals, for which we will reimburse him at the course.  We may need two people to present the deals.  We have several "Seniors" so the cost should be $29 or less for 18 and cart.  There are walking rates so anyone wanting to walk can do so.  I have not played the course so I can't comment on the terrain.

Firm "Yes": @bkuehn1952 @tlazzol @Wally Fairway @dennyjones @JonMA1

Soft "Yes":   @Braivo @StrayCat @MSchott 

If everyone can make it, that would make a perfect 8.

On or about May 5, I will check back in, get a rough headcount, and setup the tee times for approximately 10:00am, May 19.  I suspect we do not risk anything with last minute cancellations.

• Upvote 2

Brian Kuehn

On 4/20/2017 at 8:55 AM, Wally Fairway said:

One of the benefits of aging - I love the senior rates (turning 60 next year, and will then qualify for a whole new set of discounts)

If you haven't played Arcadia Bluffs yet, Tuesdays are half off for seniors (55 and up), $100.00.  Amazing course!

Edited by tlazzol
Additional information
  • Upvote 1

Another masochist ensnared by golf

I have the scheduled the day off from work. The only thing that might stop me from playing would be if my arm injury becomes debilitating - I mean more so than my lack of skill. Either way, I'll pay up (thanks @tlazzol).

Speaking of lack of skill, is everyone ok playing with a high capper? If not, I'll understand completely and you won't hurt my feelings by saying so. 

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

Jon

9 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

I have the scheduled the day off from work. The only thing that might stop me from playing would be if my arm injury becomes debilitating - I mean more so than my lack of skill. Either way, I'll pay up (thanks @tlazzol).

Speaking of lack of skill, is everyone ok playing with a high capper? If not, I'll understand completely and you won't hurt my feelings by saying so. 

I'm not a single digit handicap player either.   I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, including you.  Looking at the score card, I'm sure I'm not playing from the tips.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, JonMA1 said:

I play regularly with a friend you would beat like a drum.  You are welcome in my foursome.  Just don't laugh out loud at my shots.

• Upvote 2

Another masochist ensnared by golf

Note: This thread is 2191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!