IGNORED

2017 Valspar Championship

krupa
Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Only 2 of the top 10 players (Justin Thomas and Henrik Stenson) are in the field.  Possibly more note-worthy is the collection of polarizing golfers: Bubba, Poulter, and The Hat to name a few.  As usual, I'm rooting for Ben Crane to have a strong finish.  I like people who don't take themselves to seriously

• Upvote 3

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am heading over there either Saturday or Sunday to see how they deal with "Snake Pit". I love watching this tournament because I have played the course a number of times and I like to see where their (Pros) shots end up in relation to mine. Usually a pretty good tournament to get close to players and hear them talk etc.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Love watching European Tour and PGA Tour, actually prefer the coverage we receive for the PGA Tour...insight, analysis is far better. I think Gary Woodland will have a good week this week, he is in good form. Just needs to be more clinical on the greens. Any other predictions?

Welp... Crane didn't have a good round +3.  On the other hand, The Hat must have been practicing instead of making "big data" commercials.  He's sitting at T6 with 3 holes left to play.

1 minute ago, Zekez said:

Who is the "hat"?

DeChambeau

• Upvote 1

I'm still waiting for Finau to go and blow a field away.  He needs to put it all together somehow.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I'll admit I'm a bit biased against the Florida swing (I get tired of the flat terrain) but this tournament almost always seems to be a snoozer.

Is it the first weekend in April yet??

It is an exciting finish for these two unknowns!

57 minutes ago, skydog said:

Is it the first weekend in April yet??

I'm very close to Masters mode.  I do want to watch Bay Hill though.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Yes, good for him. Allows him to keep playing on that medical extension, and he made a nice paycheck. Did you hear the comment where it takes him a full 3 hours to get ready to play a round of golf with his back?

And another first time winner on Tour. This win gets him into Bay Hill, The Masters, The Memorial, the PGA, etc. And he's supposed to get married in a few weeks!

Great for Adam Hadwin.   That win gets him an invite to play the Masters.  Along with Mike Weir and MacKenzie Hughes, we shall have 3 Canadians at Augusta playing. That in itself is quite amazing.  Good Luck to them all.

16 hours ago, phillyk said:

I'm still waiting for Finau to go and blow a field away.  He needs to put it all together somehow.

I like Finau. I think he will win again soon. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!