IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6/5/17 - 5 minutes of stop and start drills and checking knee flex at A1 through A4.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5/6/17:

Worked on putting for 5 minutes, then chipping and pitching in the yard for about 10 minutes.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Played 18 holes today. 45+50=99

Excuse #1: wet rainy day

Excuse #2: no warm up before starting round (my brother never warms up, drives me crazy)

Excuse #3: played with my old box set of clubs

I hit 6 FWs, 6 GIRs and had two birdies and needed 38 putts. Bad score, with some flashes of magic

5/6

Played 18 today and it ended up being the worst round I have had in a while. Really not sure what the issue is but I suspect I fell back into a hip slide rather than turn. That's usually the root cause of the shots I was hitting today.  Worked a little on the range before the round.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/6: 15-20 minutes with my sand wedge and pitching wedge today. Only 10 full shots, focus on pre-shot routine, swinging the sweetspot, and starting the ball on line. Results were quite satisfactory... two pulls to the left, but not too bad, everything else was close enough for a hacker like to me to consider perfect. Playing 18 tomorrow afternoon.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/6:  Wife & daughter went shopping, so made it a big practice day:
10 mins. wall drill w/Momentus, choked down to shaft to simulate broom drill; slow swings w/positional checks
10 mins. conditioning drills w/OW; 4 sets of 20
Went to range; 75 mins. session (let's call it an exorcism); made grip change w/right hand (weaker), which got me back to my happy place with squaring the clubface through impact...not sure why I keep drifting away from that; worked all irons, woods & major focus on driver, as that's been my directional challenge club recently; very, very good session once I got the demon to leave ;-)  -- got some major confidence back
45 mins. pitches in yard; all yardages from 20y to 45y; focus on relaxed hands, weight forward, and lagging into ball (that's the keys that give me my best contact & control)

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

7th May, 

10 minutes on posture and ball position. I was told my an experienced playing partner that I set up too close to the ball. I later read that my OTT move could be (in part) caused by being too close to the ball and getting too steep. 

After that, 15 more minutes on takeaway and keeping the clubhead outside my hands on the way back. Hopefully ingraining these two changes will help me come more from the inside. 

6th May:- Played 18 today. 46-40 =86. Bit ropey on the front nine. Slowed the backswing on the back nine and concentrated on making a full turn.

Chris.:roll:

May 7 - Playing 9 today. Light warm up required to keep my wrist healthy, but I will not hit balls before hand to protect it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/7/17:

Did some work on my full swing today, mostly slowing down to hold my wrist angle when my hands reach the ball, mostly working on in-line impact and getting my weight forward. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

7/5/17 - played 18 and shot +14 entirely committing to the swing thoughts I've been using on the range. There were a lot of pushes and some really poor shots (notably drives on 5 and 9 and a skulled wedge on the 1st), but it was a decent round, considering. More range time coming this week to keep going with this - there's progress!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1565698

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5/7

Received my evolvr lesson so today's practices car was making slow motion swings while focusing on lead leg flex and trailing arm flex. This will be my main practice for a while..at least until my picture changes at impact. 

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

15 min sklz, 7i and driver 

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

35 min chipping practice. 2/11 first round, beat with 5/11 second round.chipped remainder in to practice.

need to get coaching on form

5/7:  30 mins. pitching in yard, 25-45yds.; focus on consistent form, with just a little more forward lean to crispen contact (beat dispersion-by-round game);
30 mins. strength & conditioning session w/OW; 8 sets of 20 full swings / split by 7 sets of 10--turn drills; whole idea was s&c training, but did focus on maintaining form through fatigue, and completing turn full into target (was blocking a few at range yesterday, truncating turn through)

Edited by BamaWade
little better info on pitching practice

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

7th May:- 10 mins full swing practice. Focused on letting the big torso muscles control the back swing, while keeping the arms, hands and lower body as quiet as possible.

Chris.:roll:

5/7: Played 18 today. Did a good job of keeping focus on "easy" swings and making good contact. Lots of great drives and iron shots. A few nasty blow-ups, though. Ended up with a 93 and $2 richer. ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/8/17:

Did some work on my full swing today, mostly slowing down to hold my wrist angle when my hands reach the ball, mostly working on in-line impact and getting my weight forward. Mostly the same as yesterday, because it's definitely something I need to get better at if I am to break through that next barrier. So you will see a lot of posts related to this.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

May 8 - Mirror work at the gym.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!