IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

raining again so indoor swing session in slow mo. Helped with path even if I did whiff on a couple sets forcing me to start again

15 min chipping

0/11 at New longer distance. Thot about repeating first round and then fired 7/11 on second round so I decided to close out the remaining balls and call it a night

Sunday: my practice and play day will have rain :(

12th May:- 10 mins warm up in the net before playing 18 today. 48-42 = 90. A few bad shots and a poor decision on the front nine. Had things going in the right direction on the back.

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13/5/17 - 10 minutes working on using the bounce with the wedge - feedback from the guy who did my fitting was that I'm not getting the toe in the air enough and should then feel like I'm trying to pull the handle into my left pocket as I turn. Slow motion swings and thumping it into the carpet to try to drill that feedback!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5/13/17:

Hit about 30 balls this morning mostly focusing on slowing down my backswing and keeping my balance.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

May 13 - Shoulder turn work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump, step thru and full swings

back outside and increased swing speed, keeping a careful eye on maintaining lag

15 min chipping 

inside house, 4/11 first round, 5/11 and 4/6 before finishing last two. Fast work 

tomorrow I go to range and play 18. Woo-hoo

5/13: Played 18 today and shot 91. 1 Birdie, 1 Par, 1 Triple and 15 bogeys. Most consistent round of golf I think I've ever played. Not bad, by any means, just not great. :mellow:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

54 minutes ago, roamin said:

...shot 91. 1 Birdie, 1 Par, 1 Triple and 15 bogeys.

Minor correction... 1 Birdie, 1 Par, 1 Double, 1 Triple, and 14 bogeys. Still 91, though. :content:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

5/13:  Nothing but chipping this morning in my shop; hit 100 or so--focus on contact, contact, contact via inline impact & working on holding that through contact to kill off that tiny flip motion that likes to creep in on me.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

14/5/17 - wasn't feeling great this morning so only managed about a 15 minute range session working on the wedges. The feel of getting the toe pointing to the sky in the backswing and then really hitting down on the ball has led to much better results with partial shots, so that's good news.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

13th May:- 15 mins full swing practice, outdoors. Still have the club head too far inside the hands at A2. Really need to exaggerate the feeling of it being outside. Will concentrate on this during the coming week.

Chris.:roll:

May 14 - Shoulder turn work on a rainy, rainy day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/14/17:

Wedges in the yard with Alina.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hit balls, chipped and putted for about an hour before my bday, my moms bday, my cousins bday, and mothers day celebration today.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

(edited)

5-13

missed practice today. This was my daughter's 2 year birthday so we spent the whole day at the zoo and eating out. 

5-14

Spent about 30 minutes in the yard working on hip turn and chest turn with shorter chip shots. I don't have room for the punch shots but wanted to get my drills in. 

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/14:  As ol' Abe 'Grampa' Simpson once said:  "Oh, pitch, pitch pitch!"  Hmm...maybe I'm a little off on that.

About 45 minutes of pitching in the yard, moving the flag around to different little nooks and over (or in front of) ridges.  Kept it between 15-35y.  Sole focus was inline impact, leading down into the ball with a forward leaning shaft and downward strike.  Finally...FINALLY I started flighting the ball well again.  I was doing it really well to start the season, but became infected by a little flip bug, making my contact inconsistent, along with too much height and flying too long too often.  It was very nice to see the ball come out low with a lot of spin again, with much more minimal effort in the swing.

Hit 5-6 foam balls w/full swings w/the TourStriker p7i, just to check retention from last few full swing days.  All good.  After a busy family week last week limited me to 9 holes for the entire work week, I'm looking forward to playing a lot this week...at least 3 days out of 5, then both weekend days, weather pending.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

5/14: 30 minutes out front enjoying the breeze and practicing with my pitching wedge. Full shots (plastic balls), focusing on easy swings and starting the ball on line. Shouldn't say it out loud, but I'm liking my swing at the moment, and have tried to keep things simple and not work on too much. Keeping a small thought in the back of my head about hip turn/no sway, but other than that, it's been more about consistent aim and setup, smooth tempo, contact, and start-line.

Jake

Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!