IGNORED

2017 Wells Fargo

skydog
Note: This thread is 2513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Interest in this event seems to be at a recent all time low but since it's almost Thursday afternoon I figured I would start the thread in case anyone cares about it. The field is weak with only 7 of the top 30 competing...but we do have the likes of DJ, Phil, and Adam Scott to make it interesting. Quail Hollow isn't hosting as usual since it's got the PGA in August but Eagle Point (Wilmington) is a good course that I look forward to watching a bit.

Will Wells Fargo set up new bank accounts for all the players and caddies without their knowledge?:-P

Sorry, had to go there!

• Upvote 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea, since it's a new course, I avoided betting on this event at all, and therefore, care very little, but it's always interesting seeing a new course. Plus, the PGA Youtube page uploaded extended highlights this week for some reason, and these are better than sitting and watching the broadcast in a lot of ways.

Scott's 1-under 71:

DJ's 70:

Edit: It's just silly watching the bulk of a tour player's round, rather than a few shots here and there. Man these guys are good, even when they're "struggling" to a 71 or whatever.

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

Great leaderboard in case anyone cares. Rahm, DJ, and Patrick Reed.

DJ just hit a drive that carried 332 yards and had 4 feet of curve. Good lawd

3 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Wow, great putt there by Brian Harmon.

Awesome putt indeed.

I really like having a par five finishing hole like this. Makes for great TV

Just now, skydog said:

Awesome putt indeed.

I really like having a par five finishing hole like this. Makes for great TV

Yea definitely. This proved to be a fun course this week. 

Constantine

I wish Reed would have had a strong Sunday. He has been struggling this year. I had some hope after his strong Saturday. I didn't get to watch what happened, too bad he fell apart.

What a finish except for the last two groups limping home. Glad for the Harman kid. He's been playing some very solid golf lately. And did you see their little girl? Might just be the cutest baby ever! Reed just couldn't keep it in the short grass off the tee, and Rahm is just too strong for his own good!

17 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

What a finish except for the last two groups limping home. Glad for the Harman kid. He's been playing some very solid golf lately. And did you see their little girl? Might just be the cutest baby ever! Reed just couldn't keep it in the short grass off the tee, and Rahm is just too strong for his own good!

Yea when he pulled out a 5 wood on 18 from ~250 out (225 to the front) I thought he must have a bad yardage read. That's probably more like a strong 5 iron for him...

On 5/4/2017 at 9:05 AM, boogielicious said:

Will Wells Fargo set up new bank accounts for all the players and caddies without their knowledge?:-P

Sorry, had to go there!

Agree. WF's reputation is about as high as United Airlines right now.

Is there some reason PGA can't have found a better sponsor? Or is this always Wells Fargo?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Great finish! Congrats to Harman for pulling that out. And I was also surprised at Rahm's club choice on that final hole.  Pretty impressed with DJ's play as well.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

18 hours ago, wolfpackguy said:

Always Wells Fargo...just moved it to Wilmington for one year...back to Quail Hollow next year.

It was sponsored by Wachovia until they got bought by Wells Fargo.  It's one of the most popular stops on tour due to the course (the players love it - other than 2013 when the greens were in rough shape due to poor weather) and the way they are treated and perks during the tournament.  Tournament organizers go all-out for the players.

It's one of the reasons they got the PGA Championship this year.  The success this tournament has had...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

True...Looking forward to the PGA Championship, it will be my first time attending a major. In the process of planning a fun guys weekend.  I take it you are from Charlotte? I'm about 45 minutes north of there in Lexington. Well the course is on the south side of town so actually about an hour or an hour and a half depending on I85 traffic. lol 

4 hours ago, wolfpackguy said:

True...Looking forward to the PGA Championship, it will be my first time attending a major. In the process of planning a fun guys weekend.  I take it you are from Charlotte? I'm about 45 minutes north of there in Lexington. Well the course is on the south side of town so actually about an hour or an hour and a half depending on I85 traffic. lol 

I'm from the Winston-Salem area...so not that far at all.  Don't have tickets to the PGA just yet but I know some guys that do.  I'm hoping to get a ticket for one of the days to go down there.  I've gone to the last two US Opens at Pinehurst and the Masters in 2009 so I'm lucky I've done a couple majors before.  I love Quail Hollow...haven't had the luck to play it but it's a great layout and should be a good test for the guys later this year.  Those last few holes are going to be stressful for someone who has a one or two shot lead.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Oh okay then you are pretty close to me indeed.  I'm just about 30 minutes from Winston down here on High Rock Lake.  Hopefully not for long though as I'm trying to sell my house so I can pack up and move to the golf Mecca of Myrtle Beach. 

Note: This thread is 2513 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!