IGNORED

How Many Holes-in-One Have You Had (per Years played)?

Midpack
Note: This thread is 2378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

None,null, nada. Been playing since I was about 30, now 70+, and never a hole in one only a few near misses.  I have had a few eagles on par 4 holes, but no aces.  I do have a buddy who has had three while I was playing with him.  I must be his lucky charm as it is the only three he has.

Butch

4 minutes ago, ghalfaire said:

None,null, nada. Been playing since I was about 30, now 70+, and never a hole in one only a few near misses.  I have had a few eagles on par 4 holes, but no aces.  I do have a buddy who has had three while I was playing with him.  I must be his lucky charm as it is the only three he has.

At least you drunk for free a few times !

Ps- "nada" it´s like "nothing", you can translate "none" as "ninguno" or "null" as "nulo".
Spanish lessons for free ;)

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/17/2017 at 7:37 AM, p1n9183 said:

At least you drunk for free a few times !

Ps- "nada" it´s like "nothing", you can translate "none" as "ninguno" or "null" as "nulo".
Spanish lessons for free ;)

Having grown up near the border and on a ranch I sometimes think I can speak Spanish a little.  That was until I actually met some Spaniards.  But around these parts "cero" would have been a more proper choice for what I was saying.  "Null" was actually intended to be my modest association with German.  I have always wanted to visit your homeland but never had the chance.  But it is on my bucket list.

Butch

• 1 month later...

A bit fat 0 in about 24 years of playing, 15 of those as a scratch handicap. My father had 0 for the first 30 years he played then had 3 in a matter of 6 months. So there is hope!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I have 4 holes-in-one.  What is very weird is that 3 of these are on the same hole--the 18th hole at Pasatiempo golf club in Santa Cruz, California all from different tee boxes--202 yds, 165 yds and 143 yds.  I've been playing for 45 years.  These shots are occurred in the last ten years.

Hi GC, I used to play Pasatiempo a lot in the day.    Green Fees were 10 Bucks and 18 had that big deep ditch in front as I remember.    Great course, not long but you had to Golf your Ball to score.     Thanks for the memories.       That was in the 60s.

It's a great course--I'm not a member but a good friend of mine is a member so I play there at least twice a month--actually played there Saturday.  The ditch is still there and getting deeper as the years go by.  Any shot hit below the pin now will roll off the green into a collection area that now exist.  Green fees for non-members are $235--fortunately, I don't have to pay them.

I still have my old school plastic Pasatiempo bag tag. I don't think green fees for non-members were over $100 the last time I played there. 

Another great course in that area is DeLaveaga.

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

One, in 53 years and I couldn't even enjoy it because I never saw it go in the hole. It was a 175 yard hole over water with an elevated green and I knew the ball was heading right for the flag when I hit it. When our foursome reached the green and the ball wasn't there we started looking all over until eventually, someone in the group finally moseyed over to the hole and took a peek.

Him: "What'd ya hit??

Me: "It was a crappy ball...I"m not sure, maybe a Top Flite XL something or other. I don't remember the number"

Him: "Well holy #?&!.it's here!"

Me: "Where?"

Him: "It's in the cup! Top-Flight XL-3000 #3!"

Me" "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggg"

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

9 hours ago, Golf Chronicles said:

Nice story!  I didn't see one of mine either due to hitting into the sun.  I hope you pitched all your Top Flite balls...or....put them in the shag bag.

I only had that one ball, I must have found it somewhere, and then used it on that particular hole because of the water. After that, I actually bought myself a trophy...a giant #1 with a hole in the middle for the ball.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

I didn't see my first either, it was over hump on the green and we all thought it went over the Green.    Finally a guy  walked up to the hole, looked in and asked if I was playing a Hogan.  I was.  I stlill have that ball.

Possibly 2 in 25 yrs of playing.  I say possibly 2, because the first, I still think my friends were playing a prank on me way back when for my first, because you can't see the hole where it happened.  The second, I could see all day.

Started golf 10 or 11 years ago, and had 3 holes in one in 2012 (same hole, 180 yds) and another one in 2014. They thought the hole was too easy if I could go in one three times so they changed the whole green and bunker layout.!!

Note: This thread is 2378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!