IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 2489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

June 16 - Rest day today. I will do some stretching and shoulder turn work and maybe some pitching, but I need to rest the knee. It was sore during the round yesterday and I rode! Left wrist is not healing very well either.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 min of "wall drill"

Worried about my form, I went online to find a video and was surprised to find a zillion versions! So, I picked these two:

6/16/17 - chipping with putting method from various lengths with focus on speed

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Went to the range this morning, so outdoors and with balls.

I started in the bunker.  I'm visiting my parents for U.S. Open / Father's Day Weekend and the range near them has a great chipping and bunker area as well as grass tees.  For some reason, it is a lot less busy in the summer than the winter, which is great for me for every time I'm out here this summer. 

I've never been a good bunker player but, before my last round, I re-read the sand section from Utley's The Art of the Short Game.  I don't know why, it just dawned on me to do.  I hit six bunker shots during that round and five were great splashes -- not great distance control, but they were the splash and flight I want to expect from a sand shot.

So the difference was leaning forward and not hitting so far behind the ball.  I think.  I'll take video tomorrow if the bunker is available and add that to my "My Swing" thread. I hit about a dozen balls in the bunker, taking practice swings first (yes, I'm aware I can't do that on the course) and focusing on setup -- digging in my feet a bit, presetting my weight a bit left, and swinging for a farther shot than I'm actually trying to hit. I bladed one of them, but the rest escaped the bunker and got out.  After a half dozen, I felt comfortable taking a longer swing and it went farther, but not "full shot with a sand wedge" further.  I'm now at least comfortable that I can hit a sand shot, but it's something I'll need a bit more practice with so it at least stops being so bad for me during a round.

I also took one shot with a gap wedge, near full swing, to see that I could hit a longer sand shot with a longer club if I needed to, and was successful.  For now though, I'm going to be happy (a) out of the bunker and preferably (b) on the green, with the knowledge that bunkers are a weakness of mine and might warrant some more attention.

I also did full game practice, with my now-usual routine for the current priority piece:  address ball, stop at backswing and check hand position.  Reset, take backswing, if it feels right, slow the forward to the ball and stop.  I sometimes then "rewind," then go forward and hit.  Other times I reset again and take the swing.  Going to take video tomorrow, too, for evolvr as I think I've made progress on this priority piece. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6/16/17:

Iron shots in the yard today, wit the focus being on let the club do the work.

Mostly been focusing on hitting that spot 2 inches in front of the ball.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/16:  more chipping and pitching practice, working on proper dead-hands technique.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/16:

Played 36.  Focused  on approach shots.   They are considerably  different after a rain. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 min wall drill. Like combo effect of the two different version and look forward to trying butt against the wall version with a club

6/16: Traveling, but played 18 before we left. Shot 86 with 9 pars, but had a triple and a few doubles. Driver and short game were working well, irons okay too but had a few duffs. I recorded about 11 holes for a vlog, will hopefully get it posted next week when we get back. 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

6/17:  full swing irons in the yard; these seemed better than the range trip a couple days ago; a little quick on the backswing, though; need to work on tempo some.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/17/17:

I know I seem like I'm repeating myself, but some iron and wedge swings focusing on hitting that spot on the ground, 1 inch in front of the ball.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/17 - wall drill x 5 mins followed by slow swings (focused on centered turn) with 7i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6/17 -- went to the range again this morning.  Sand shots, although there was no rake so I was a little limited as I didn't want to make a mess.  Still got some shots in there, and then did my usual routine at the range with checking where my hands end up in the backswing, checking a downswing, and then swinging.  Hit balls very well, will post video in my "My Swing" thread and also submit the full ones to evolvr. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

June 17 - shoulder turn work at the gym. Resting the wrist and knee today. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!