IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for June, 2017! The rules are the same as always:

• Make a detailed post describing your practice every day during the month. Try to limit the number of very short or "ditto" type posts. Describe what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.).
  • No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.
  • On the last day of the month, if you completed the challenge, post about it in red text so I can notice it and give you the award.

Enjoy and practice hard!

Note: you can miss one day per monthly challenge if you have a good reason and still be eligible for the monthly award.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6/01 - played 9 holes this morning with my 9yo son working specifically on a centered turn. Off the tee, learning to control the fade of my "power-fade".

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6/1/17:

Worked on starting my putts straight with the metal ruler drill. Let's just say I missed a few makeable putts on Tuesday.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

June 1 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on centered hip turn and turning the body from the top. Playing 9 later with my league.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Gonna give this a go.  

6/1/2017:

I spent 1 1/2 hours at the putting green working on chipping with a SW and PW and putting.   I've developed a game where I chip to the 6 holes on the green and try to get down with a total of 10 putts.  I practiced my Aimpoint reading with each.  

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

On the bus and the metro, I got 5min of very discrete Don Saladino lateral stretches done without undue attention from other passengers

https://www.revolutiongolf.com/experts/don-saladino/assisted-lat-stretch-lengthen-your-backswing-with?vrg=ys

40 min Sklz, 7i and driver

stop at top, pump (3x) and full swings

pretty strong workout with only a couple of set repeats due to poor form

chipping

less than 4/11 three times in a row so restarted drill

5/11, then 5/11 and by the time I was finishing drill, started to have better form

• Upvote 1

I crashed and burned the last time I tried to do this; then, my right elbow flared up for a while.  Let's try again...

6/1:  weight training to strengthen my arms and elbows.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/1:  Little rainy, so didn't go to play, but got in long practice session....
Warmup and conditioning session w/OW & Momentus; 3x15 w/OW; 2x10 w/Momentus
80 ball pitching session from my various "tees" around the yard; focus on tempo and letting my body/turn drive the swing
25 foam-ball full swing session w/TourStriker 7ip off mat; focus on full turn back and then using core to drive through ball w/lag--best striking session I've had in a long time.  25/25 on strong swing w/good contact, just a couple of little pushes and pulls.
1x20 OW conditioning/cool-down session

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

6/1: Walked nine after work this evening. Shot 4 over with 6 pars, 2 singles, and a double. 

Slow play in front so I skipped the middle of the course and played 1-5 & 15-18. Driver and irons were working well, hit five greens and was less than a yard off on two others. Four-putted on one hole, really can't explain that, but great evening otherwise. 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

June 1st:- 5 mins chipping practice on the lawn, followed by 10 mins full swing practice, focused on making a complete turn to the top of A4.

Chris.:roll:

6/02 - putting at the office from 5ft with focus on bead x 10 mins, then from 15yds (long hallway) with focus on speed

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

6/2/2017 :  played 16, had to skip 11 & 12, 4 groups on  11!  Worked on driver setup.  Even after playing, hit the driving range to work on setup and swing plane

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

6/2/17:

Worked on short irons this morning. Continued my 75% effort swing practice. Trying to get used to the timing of it more than anything.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6/2: weight training for arms/elbows; continuing to implement Pelz's 3x4 distance wedge swings to improve my short game.

:cobra:  :wilsonstaff:  :cleveland:

• Cobra Fly-Z+ Driver (10*), 3/4 Fwy (15.5*)
  • Adams Red (20*)
  • Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW (24*,27*,31*,35*,39*,43*,47*, 51*)
  • Cobra Trusty Rusty (51*,55*,59*)
  • Cleveland TFI 6.5

6/2:  Did my usual pitching in the yard, this time from ~28yds. to my pin/hole.  18 balls; focused on tempo...just keepin' from getting' quick
15mins. putting in my house to my trusty ball return thingy.  Focused on tempo from the tempo thread (start on 1, transition at 3, hit at 1)...that has been a godsend; putting very well.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

6/2: Putting practice in the hallway this evening, aim and start line. Gonna try and sneak a round in tomorrow morning before the rain hits. ;-)

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Note: This thread is 2488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!