IGNORED

2017 U.S. Open Discussion Topic

Utah_Golf
Note: This thread is 2495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All around good putt by Harmon for birdie at #3 and share of the lead.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Koepka challenged and carried that bunker that was meant to catch errant shots.  Nice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Wow Harman? Talk about a win that would come out of nowhere. 

I dunno if I totally agree with that. He won at the Wells Fargo in May, has five total top tens, ten top-25s this season, and is ranked 50th in the world.

That said, you very well could be right: in the DraftKings Mill-Maker contest ($33 buy-in, 122K total entries), he's 1.7% owned. The gambling community certainly wasn't on top of him much and he was extremely cheap at only like 6600. Still, a no where win would be something like what James Hahn did at the Wells Fargo last year... I mean that was really out of no where when you look at his game log: 

Capture.PNG

But yea, 1.7% ownership... that probably qualifies as very, very unexpected. So, I'm not saying you're wrong. 

Edited by JetFan1983
  • Upvote 1

Constantine

11 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Wow Harman? Talk about a win that would come out of nowhere. 

The Lefty in me says hell yeah, but that waffle iron he putts with bugs me.

Just saw the infographic on left handed players to win majors.  Do we have statistics on if any left-handed individuals won majors playing right-handed?  I realize Phil is right handed and I think Mike Weir is too.  If I'm right, Bubba Watson and Sir Bob Charles are the only two left handers to win a major playing left handed, and I wonder if other left handed individuals won it as a rightie. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Rickie can't keep missing greens and then missing the par putts. He needs to hit it pin high and then make a few putts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is Rickie ever going to win a major? This is a perfect chance for him that he is squandering early on. He is showing that pressure effects him more than other players.

Trollin' is the life

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Rickie can't keep missing greens and then missing the par putts. He needs to hit it pin high and then make a few putts.

Can't keep on holing 5 foot par putts. 

1 minute ago, MuniGrit said:

Is Rickie ever going to win a major? This is a perfect chance for him that he is squandering early on. He is showing that pressure effects him more than other players.

Not sure that pressure affects him more than the others but he is still not looking like a major winner to me. I think he will win 1 in his career, but probably not this week.

The wife looked at the tv and saw Fowler and said "ok look, it's the Chester Cheetah guy" LOL

Charley Hoffman AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

Colin P.

6 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

I remember when they said that about Sergio and Phil.

It's okay, Tommy Fleetwood, I've chipped over the green before too. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

5 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

He'll win a major, but it's probably not going to be this one. I'll never blast a guy for not working hard enough on his golf game and focusing more on his personal life....after all, it's their life. They can do what they want with it. But Fowler is a guy who could have achieved more if he put in the time. THat's why Butch Harmon made the comment he did earlier in the week. Fowler a great talent but could have been greater. That's one thing I'll give Tiger Woods credit for. That man was hungry and stayed hungry throughout his career. He worked his tail off like no other player around.

Hoffman blowing up :-( 

Thomas not having the round of his life today either.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I have to admit im pulling for fowler....I would be fine with koepka winning also.  He is only 3 shots back and his hanging in there....There is still a ways to go.  but harman and koepka are looking solid so far.  Having said that...its only 3 shots....the wind is nasty out there.  alot can still happen only 1 or two mistakes and those 3 shots will disappear...

Edited by oregongolfguy

With heavy winds , notice some players still drawing into a par 3 even with right to left winds.  Ball goes so high draw goes 5 yards at most   How the ball not go more than that with those winds?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

But Fowler is a guy who could have achieved more if he put in the time. THat's why Butch Harmon made the comment he did earlier in the week. Fowler a great talent but could have been greater.

Lot of assumptions there. Rickie works pretty hard on his game from what I've seen.

1 minute ago, dchoye said:

With heavy winds , notice some players still drawing into a par 3 even with right to left winds.  Ball goes so high draw goes 5 yards at most   How the ball not go more than that with those winds?

Maybe they're cutting it a little and the wind is making it curve left five yards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

JT looks to have hurt or dinged his right wrist.  Looked like he hung it low after that 2nd shot from the long stuff.

Edited by 26point2

Note: This thread is 2495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!