IGNORED

I've created a way to build a golf swing!!!!!

Note: This thread is 1861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, iacas said:

I have.

Hell I've felt and had success feeling a very Furyk like swing.

Don't misunderstand...in no way am I saying that Furyk doesn't have a great swing. Hell, he won the dang US Open with it. But he gets to a great impact position in an unorthodox way - who else does what he does? That's all I was saying.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:43 PM, No Mulligans said:

I don't have the tools to draw straight lines but if I did I'd draw a line up the shaft to your shoulders (like @iacas did), one along your forearm and beyond your hands and one starting on your shoulder and down through and past your elbow.  Ideally, I think all three of those lines should be pretty close to lining up.

It's not that bad of a flip, I think I use to be worse.  What I believe happened to me was because I wasn't getting my weight forward at impact I was hitting it fat.  So I moved the ball back in my stance to compensate.  And I continued to not move my weight forward to compensate for my ball being back in my stance.  I also let my head/torso drop towards the ball on my downswing and I compensated for this by lifting my arms a little bit.  And because my ball was back in my stance I had to compensate by flipping a bit.  I do see similarities in our swings, at least with my swing a couple years back.  The big difference between you and me is I never tried to teach my swing to anyone else, I never thought I had created a way to build a golf swing.  If I came here and did that I would have also gotten quite a reaction.

I did occasionally hit the ball good this way but it required really good timing and precise compensations.  For instance I had to coordinate the downward head/torso drop precisely with the amount I raised my hands.  I had to play or practice a lot to get all this working together.  I had a 27 handicap before I started correcting all that mess.  I dropped about 10 strokes in a year once I starting getting my weight forward on the downswing, keeping my head steady, and having inline impact.  I continue to work on those three "keys" (I haven't really gotten to the last two keys).

I don't know how much you play or practice, but given you're an 8 handicap now... It seems you are coordinated enough to be scratch if you get your swing cleaned up.

Thanks 

On 6/23/2017 at 1:16 PM, iacas said:

If by "steps" you meant "keys" they're really easy to find if you put forth the smallest amount of effort. Like… even looking in my signature, or typing it into your search engine of preference.

http://5sk.com/index.php/site/about

Not at all. Just the ones who come on spouting a bunch of bullshit.

And trust me, I'm not being hard on you. I've gone easy on you because the other members are enjoying this whole thing. It's amusing.

Bull.

My agenda is discussing the golf swing, learning, sharing good knowledge and insights, etc.

Bull.

Dude, you haven't shared anything, so all people have to go on are the videos. And I, and others, have pointed out things that we see in the videos.

You haven't shared anything. You've spouted a bunch of nonsense, and posted some videos of a rather poor swing, and that's been it. The rest of the time you've alternated between continuing to spout nonsense and claiming the victim role.

Share something that can be discussed, or quit whining. Because that's what this is, now.

No, @Grinde6, we were supposed to just say "oooooh, ahhhhhhh" apparently.

Yup.

Yup.

Here are more reasons we're skeptical.

01.jpg02.jpg

You're swinging "over the top" to use the classic phrase, and that's WITH the camera aligned out toward the ball. Put it on your toe line or on your toes parallel to your target line and it'll be super obvious that you're hitting big pulls. That's another way to "cheat" a flip - swing left.

Thanks 

On 6/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, DaveP043 said:

The thing is, you've really not offered anything.  You've claimed you've come up with a new way to learn to swing.  You've used a few catch phrases without defining them in a way that we can understand and critique.  Its impossible to provide constructive criticism, there's noting of substance to evaluate.  So we're left with a few videos of you swinging, nothing more.  Of course we're skeptical, and the most knowledgeable are the most skeptical.  

Thank you 

On 6/24/2017 at 8:43 AM, zipazoid said:

Don't misunderstand...in no way am I saying that Furyk doesn't have a great swing. Hell, he won the dang US Open with it. But he gets to a great impact position in an unorthodox way - who else does what he does? That's all I was saying.

I agree 

On 6/23/2017 at 1:45 PM, iacas said:

It's an over-the-top, flippy pull. Don't think too hard about it.

That was the first thing I saw from the video. Even with the camera position, you can see where he's lined up and that it's an obvious pull. I'm still curious about this "right to left" shot that was stated with that swing.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Ugh.

IMG_3135.PNG

Wrong pad.

Hogan-LeftHandGrip.jpg

Golfperfect-FofHleftgrip.jpg

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for your well intended feedback 

28 minutes ago, TN94z said:

That was the first thing I saw from the video. Even with the camera position, you can see where he's lined up and that it's an obvious pull. I'm still curious about this "right to left" shot that was stated with that swing.

Obviously 

On 6/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, DaveP043 said:

The thing is, you've really not offered anything.  You've claimed you've come up with a new way to learn to swing.  You've used a few catch phrases without defining them in a way that we can understand and critique.  Its impossible to provide constructive criticism, there's noting of substance to evaluate.  So we're left with a few videos of you swinging, nothing more.  Of course we're skeptical, and the most knowledgeable are the most skeptical.  

You're right, Im not spending anymore time defending myself. I'll post more substance to "critique ". I'll try fewer catch phrases. They're how I simplify it for myself. 

On 6/23/2017 at 0:11 AM, JoeB from Tennessee said:

My flexion in my glutes is supporting my lower spine

Bullshit.

Glute activation can support a proper posture but it will not save a back that is excessively rounded.

On 6/23/2017 at 1:33 AM, JoeB from Tennessee said:

I do have a degree in exercise science so yes I know motion and anatomy.

Ok. You mustve missed the first lecture :-D

Edited by Alx

On 6/23/2017 at 0:30 PM, Let it Fly said:

Pot meet Kettle.

Nice to meet you. I just thought maybe, have you tied this, or perhaps this is something you've overlooked. No that's not the feedback. Like I said in another post. I'll be posting but I'm not spending time defending "critique ", you own the site so this is your house. I'll be respectful and apologize for any unfounded remarks.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

Nice to meet you. I just thought maybe, have you tied this, or perhaps this is something you've overlooked. No that's not the feedback. Like I said in another post. I'll be posting but I'm not spending time defending "critique ", you own the site so this is your house. I'll be respectful and apologize for any unfounded remarks.

@Let it Fly does not own the site.

And posting without responding is not the point of a forum.

You posted a video showing a horrible, palmy (IMO) grip. I commented. You reply. That's how discussions work…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, Alx said:

Bullshit.

Glute activation can support a proper posture but it will not save a back that is excessively rounded.

Ok. You mustve missed the first lecture :-D

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Let it Fly does not own the site.

And posting without responding is not the point of a forum.

You posted a video showing a horrible, palmy (IMO) grip. I commented. You reply. That's how discussions work…

When the first word is BS or other critiquing dialogue like that, I'll be moving on. When the first sentence is bashing what I think, I'll move on. When I feel there's genuine conversation beggining, I'll respond. That's how it works. 

2 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:

When the first word is BS or other critiquing dialogue like that, I'll be moving on. When the first sentence is bashing what I think, I'll move on. When I feel there's genuine conversation beggining, I'll respond. That's how it works. 

Here's the problem, you're trying to give advice to people by using your own "feels" and experience.  @iacas has been teaching the swing not based on feels, but from methods supported by research and a ton more experience and successes than you have.

Feel is NOT real.  Some of the best teachers in the world will tell you that they very rarely, if ever, give advice based on their own swing because they know that what they feel is not the same as what others feel.

Not only is it his job to teach the swing and game effectively, but it's to also protect this site (and the game) from BS.  We don't want people going down a path that will hurt their game.  So, when someone comes on here with a new idea, we will critique them harshly, solely for the reason to make sure it is an effective learning tool.  If you can't support your idea to the bitter end, then we know it's BS.

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Just now, JoeB from Tennessee said:

The first word is bullshit when you claim to have a degree in a relevant field but lack even elementary knowledge. 

Its bashing an obvious false claim that you made as a truth. You can say it all you like. Im pointing out that anyone with a degree in exercise science would know what the function of the glutes is.

What you think does not change how things actually work. If you cant take criticism or defend what youve said. Well tough :-)

41 minutes ago, JoeB from Tennessee said:
On 6/23/2017 at 1:30 PM, Let it Fly said:

Pot meet Kettle.

"Pot meet kettle" is an expression used to advise someone they're being hypocritical...i.e. telling @iacas to find another way to feed his ego while in the midst of pushing some sort of self-created/revolutionary golf swing.  Whether seeking praise, confirmation, or hoping people adopt it for themselves and say "man, you were right"...it's ego-boosting behavior.

Made no mention of your philosophy because I'm in no position to make swing suggestions to anyone, and frankly don't care how you decide to get the ball in the hole.  As long as you respect and enjoy the game (and the people who play it), have at it.

• Upvote 1

- Bill

58 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Here's the problem, you're trying to give advice to people by using your own "feels" and experience.  @iacas has been teaching the swing not based on feels, but from methods supported by research and a ton more experience and successes than you have.

Feel is NOT real.  Some of the best teachers in the world will tell you that they very rarely, if ever, give advice based on their own swing because they know that what they feel is not the same as what others feel.

Not only is it his job to teach the swing and game effectively, but it's to also protect this site (and the game) from BS.  We don't want people going down a path that will hurt their game.  So, when someone comes on here with a new idea, we will critique them harshly, solely for the reason to make sure it is an effective learning tool.  If you can't support your idea to the bitter end, then we know it's BS.

Consider us peer review. If a scientist came up with some kind of discovery, his excitement (I've created a way to build a golf swing!) has to be tempered by his peers where they will dissect his discovery to determine just how valid it is. That's what is happening here.

Except in this case, you're not a scientist. Metaphorically you're a guy with a telescope in his backyard who thinks he's found a new planet. And the real scientists, like @iacas, are saying, hold on there bucko...that's not a planet you're seeing. It's a smudge on your lens. And until you provide empirical proof instead of a vid of your swing which shows a number of flaws, your discovery is a smudged lens. You have to prove otherwise, and you're simply not. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2017 at 1:43 PM, No Mulligans said:

I don't have the tools to draw straight lines but if I did I'd draw a line up the shaft to your shoulders (like @iacas did), one along your forearm and beyond your hands and one starting on your shoulder and down through and past your elbow.  Ideally, I think all three of those lines should be pretty close to lining up.

It's not that bad of a flip, I think I use to be worse.  What I believe happened to me was because I wasn't getting my weight forward at impact I was hitting it fat.  So I moved the ball back in my stance to compensate.  And I continued to not move my weight forward to compensate for my ball being back in my stance.  I also let my head/torso drop towards the ball on my downswing and I compensated for this by lifting my arms a little bit.  And because my ball was back in my stance I had to compensate by flipping a bit.  I do see similarities in our swings, at least with my swing a couple years back.  The big difference between you and me is I never tried to teach my swing to anyone else, I never thought I had created a way to build a golf swing.  If I came here and did that I would have also gotten quite a reaction.

I did occasionally hit the ball good this way but it required really good timing and precise compensations.  For instance I had to coordinate the downward head/torso drop precisely with the amount I raised my hands.  I had to play or practice a lot to get all this working together.  I had a 27 handicap before I started correcting all that mess.  I dropped about 10 strokes in a year once I starting getting my weight forward on the downswing, keeping my head steady, and having inline impact.  I continue to work on those three "keys" (I haven't really gotten to the last two keys).

I don't know how much you play or practice, but given you're an 8 handicap now... It seems you are coordinated enough to be scratch if you get your swing cleaned up.

I quoted my original post and am attaching this addendum.  I tracked down some videos and made pictures at impact and past of before and after.  My before, I was lifting my arms, my weight wasn't forward, I was almost stabbing myself with the butt of the club in my follow through.  And after I cleaned my swing up a bit, I worked on the first three keys of 5sk, I worked on it a lot (that's a pro on the left and me on the right).  That was less than a year and my HI went down by 7 strokes.

Screenshot_2017-06-26-10-50-27-1.png

Screenshot_2017-06-26-10-50-51-1.png

Me Na 1.PNG

Me Na 2.PNG

Edited by No Mulligans
  • Upvote 1

<sigh>  This too shall pass.....

In short: 595197c9258a8_dontfeedtheducks.jpg.d4cb2e0bb6a1a4a93eb0bac28d77acc6.jpg

Yah, I know.....if I don't like it, don't read it, or use the scroll bar....  Sorry!

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

7 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

I quoted my original post and am attaching this addendum.  I tracked down some videos and made pictures at impact and past of before and after.  My before, I was lifting my arms, my weight wasn't forward, I was almost stabbing myself with the butt of the club in my follow through.  And after I cleaned my swing up a bit, I worked on the first three keys of 5sk, I worked on it a lot (that's a pro on the left and me on the right).  That was less than a year and my HI went down by 7 strokes.

Screenshot_2017-06-26-10-50-27-1.png

Screenshot_2017-06-26-10-50-51-1.png

Me Na 1.PNG

Me Na 2.PNG

Nice. I'm actually trying to progress to more side on. my first video was about 3 weeks of actually applying what I'm trying to do. Great motion

8 hours ago, Let it Fly said:

"Pot meet kettle" is an expression used to advise someone they're being hypocritical...i.e. telling @iacas to find another way to feed his ego while in the midst of pushing some sort of self-created/revolutionary golf swing.  Whether seeking praise, confirmation, or hoping people adopt it for themselves and say "man, you were right"...it's ego-boosting behavior.

Made no mention of your philosophy because I'm in no position to make swing suggestions to anyone, and frankly don't care how you decide to get the ball in the hole.  As long as you respect and enjoy the game (and the people who play it), have at it.

ok, ,I'ive just went over last few posts. How do you think Jack, Arnie, Player , Hogan played? no cameras, no track man. Feel my man. Take your vulgar BS some place else, got no time BRO! you know nothin about me, You seem to think you know a lot. Let it fly.

3 hours ago, Hacker James said:

<sigh>  This too shall pass.....

In short: 595197c9258a8_dontfeedtheducks.jpg.d4cb2e0bb6a1a4a93eb0bac28d77acc6.jpg

Yah, I know.....if I don't like it, don't read it, or use the scroll bar....  Sorry!

Thanks

9 hours ago, Let it Fly said:

I put a post on your reply, Apologies, I thought it was someone else. Again apologies, not meant for you.

9 hours ago, phillyk said:

Ive posted probably 5 videos in the last day or so, trying to explain, bout to check them now but all I keep seeing is prove it, prove it. I'm trying.

Guys there are 5 videos ive posted since yesterday trying to explain what I'm doing. If you have questions bout them ill be happy to respond. Otherwise stop asking me to prove it, I'm trying but certain ones aint having it.

Note: This thread is 1861 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!