IGNORED

2017 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale Discussion Thread

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These work for me, don't have to deal w/a proxy server or filtering.

http://stream.golfchannel.com/british-open-watch-featured-group-rd2

http://stream.golfchannel.com/british-open-watch-featured-holes-rd2

Not sure what spotlight is:

http://stream.golfchannel.com/british-open-watch-highlights-rd2

I thought live tv link needs your cable subscription account, but it works for me and I didn't input any account info, maybe a bug?

http://stream.golfchannel.com/british-open-watch-live-rd2-pt2

Screen_Shot_2017-07-21_at_12_05.10_PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 12.08.58 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I thought live tv link needs your cable subscription account, but it works for me and I didn't input any account info, maybe a bug?

Mine worked for a few minutes before asking for that information.  It's common on NBC streams now that I think about it.  Their SNF streams used to work for exactly 30 minutes before prompting.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

Mine worked for a few minutes before asking for that information.  It's common on NBC streams now that I think about it.  Their SNF streams used to work for exactly 30 minutes before prompting.

Ah, maybe it won't for the featured holes?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Beautiful par by Jordan on #10.  Well... shot 4 was beautiful at least.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Weather delay now. Booo. @Shindig that was perfect touch by Spieth on 10. The short games these guys have amaze me. Almost always spot on. So cool to watch.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

There's an opening for these guys starting the back 9 to get some birdies. Wind is lightest it has been in two days and greens are super soft. So I expect a few birdies on the back 9 for Spieth, Koepka and Matsuyama.

Theres just something about Poulter I hate. I cannot root for him. Hoping he doesn't win.

Spieth has a real chance here to serparate a bit from field. Wind non-existent and two par-5s coming up and he's putting better than ever. Conditions tomorrow supposed to be perfect as well.

Edited by ChrisP

Eagle for Jordan and a 3 shot lead. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Nice par for Jordan on the other par-5.  Wayward tee shot and saved par. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 hour ago, skydog said:

If Poulter wins, the Open will be dead to me.

Chances are he'll have a Monty Moment tomorrow. Some bystander or photographer will get on Ian's nerves and next thing he'll be in the rough and whining.

15 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Chances are he'll have a Monty Moment tomorrow. Some bystander or photographer will get on Ian's nerves and next thing he'll be in the rough and whining.

If it's like a certain other time, he'll curse out the wrong photographer too.

Did anyone capture the Lego Justin Rose shot?  Unfortunately the first few results on YouTube for "Lego Justin Rose" don't actually contain the lego video. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

5 minutes ago, Shindig said:

If it's like a certain other time, he'll curse out the wrong photographer too.

Did anyone capture the Lego Justin Rose shot?  Unfortunately the first few results on YouTube for "Lego Justin Rose" don't actually contain the lego video. 

Yeah nice Lego shot...lol. I'm recording so I'll watch it again. Also, I think Bones is doing a fine job, very natural at it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Eagle for Jordan and a 3 shot lead. 

Talk about bad shot/great result. He can talk all he wants about how they planned for a poor hit and the consequences were okay, ....blah, blah.  It would have been a bad strike for even me.

Brian Kuehn

Bones is a solid on course guy. NBC now has the top 3 on course commentators in TV in Feherty, Bones and Maltbie. Rolfing good, too. Wish they'd get the US Open back and get the PGA. They do solid job, especially with Tirico joining Hicks and Miller.

4 hours ago, skydog said:

If Poulter wins, the Open will be dead to me.

This seriously made me laugh....not sure why, but I kinda feel the same way....imo, I don't think he even gets a top 5 finish

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

Nice par for Jordan on the other par-5.  Wayward tee shot and saved par. 

This is far from over. Spieth was fairly wild off the tee but got away with it. No guarantee that he will continue to do so.

Note: This thread is 2462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!