IGNORED

POLL: Is Jordan Spieth a Whiny Baby?

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Jordan Spieth  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jordan Spieth a Whiny Baby?

• Yes
    • A Little
    • No
  2. 2. Given the above do you like Jordan or dislike Jordan?

• He is not whiny and I like him
    • He is not whiny but I dislike him
    • He is sometimes or usually whiny but I like him
    • He is sometimes or usually whiny and I dislike him

Yes, a little bit..ha ha. But he is not jerkhole whiny like some others could be. He mostly seems to get upset at himself. That's not so terrible in my eyes.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted, read the first page, and skipped immediately to the last. I liked Iacas' comment about robots on tour!

A couple years ago I remember Spieth yelling after a poor tee shot, "God! I hate this tee shot, I just hate it!" Who among us hasn't said something like that? You get up on a tee on a hole that just does NOT fit your eye, and you dread having to hit that drive!

What some people call whiny, I might call honesty!

Consider Spieth's post Open Championship interview. It was like he was laying on his psychologist's couch! After so many years of getting absolutely nothing from Tiger either post round or post championship, isn't this rather refreshing?

• Upvote 3

I voted for "A Little" and "He is sometimes or usually whiny but I like him".

He's gotten some bad breaks and had some over the top reactions that make you cringe a bit. He wears his emotions on his sleeve which gives us an insight to what's going on with him and it's relatable. These guys go through the same ups and downs during a round of golf that we all do, some just show it more than others.

I like Spieth because there is an underdog aspect to him. He doesn't hit the ball as far as other top players or make it look as pretty but he gets the most out of his game and when he's in the hunt he's a great closer.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

7 hours ago, mvmac said:

He doesn't hit the ball as far as other top players or make it look as pretty but he gets the most out of his game and when he's in the hunt he's a great closer.

I completely agree with this. The Masters breakdown was too shocking for him...but if there had been 4 or 5 more holes I bet he would've overcome Willet and won. And then The Open was a spectacular close. When he's 'in the hunt' he seems to turn it on. When he has a good lead...it's like he says, " I'm gonna make this a tight match and then blow the doors off.!" Pretty impressive.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I completely agree with this. The Masters breakdown was too shocking for him...but if there had been 4 or 5 more holes I bet he would've overcome Willet and won. And then The Open was a spectacular close. When he's 'in the hunt' he seems to turn it on. When he has a good lead...it's like he says, " I'm gonna make this a tight match and then blow the doors off.!" Pretty impressive.

I think this is great analysis! Many people forget how Spieth battled back after the double chunk at 12.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't seem to have the full vocabulary that older golfers can call upon to express their displeasure at less than stellar results.  I have, and frequently use, much more "colourful" descriptions.  Perhaps they will come in time.  A wee bit whiney but I like him. Good for golf.

Not whiney IMO, but I definitely tend to root for whoever is against him (so I put dislike, even if I wouldn't call it that). I'm not totally sure why, but I think it's mostly his slow play - I have the same opinion of Jason Day. I like that he tells you what he's thinking, particularly at Birkdale when you could hear him saying he expected the wind to move the ball or where he was starting it etc.

Edited by b101

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Spieth whines?

I never knew.

I do whine about his chicken wing golf swing....... but that's just me. :-)

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!