IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge August 2017

Note: This thread is 2428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

August 2.  Played 18, tale of two nines.   46 first nine (two doubles and only one par) and 39 second nine (including a birdie and nothing worse than a bogey).  2 GIR + 3 near first nine, 4 GIR + 3 near second nine.  I hope that second nine me shows up tomorrow :-)  

Strokes lost (tee/approach/within 100/putting) :  2.77 / 2.45 / 3.49 / 3.22

August so far: 2 for 2.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8/2/17:

Pitching practice in the yard. Focusing on dealing cards feeling in right hand.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hello hello! I'm newly registered today and excited about trying this challenge. My main focus on this challenge is my short game since its easier to practice without having to go to a course, and you can make up a lot of strokes with solid chipping and putting.

Yesterday I practiced putting in my basement - focused on proper alignment...straight back straight through using a line on the ground as my target.

Today I played 9 holes at a local public course - shot a 42 on 16 putts.

Edited by mulv3959
  • Upvote 1

August 2nd

More practice swings in my backyard for about 10 minutes, working on shoulder turn and tilt. Then I went into the garage and hit about 20 balls focusing on the shoulder turn and tilt.

While hitting, I was also aware of my temporary, trying to get that to come naturally.

August 2:

getting ready for a tournament this weekend.  Went to the course after a long day of work and spent 45 minutes on the putting green.  Having a hard time putting so went back to left hand low and was able to start the ball on line and my speed was much better.  9 hole league tomorrow to try it out under pressure.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

8/3:

90 minutes chipping and putting at the course.   I tried to zero in distances with 3 different wedges following each chip up with a putt.  Pretty productive day today.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

8/3/17:

So that's what a one-piece takeaway feels like. Worked on my takeaway and backswing today... Holy cow... 25 balls dead straight... Since when can I do that.

Edited by onthehunt526
Wrong date

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

August 3. Played 18 today with my club.  Despite feeling like my swing wasn't cooperating, I hit 9 GIR and near'd five more.  Sounds great, right?  Well... four of those GIR were followed up by a three-putt.  I got up and down on the near-GIR once, including some catastrophic short game shots (left myself another short game shot a few times, including once in a bunker).  Got an evolvr notification so I know what to work on at the range coming up soon.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Aug. 3

Re-read early chapters of Lowest Score Wins during airplane flight. One point I noticed was about increasing distance. I did well in the early season teeing ball up a bit, and playing it more forward. But, when summer came, I started getting a lot of too high drives, many that fizzled about 210 yards. I teed the ball down a bit, and on advise of Titleist fitter moved it back in my stance a little. Drives are lower but hotter, but not consistently as far as the early spring drives.

Got in an hour workout at the hotel. Did some hip and shoulder stretches related to golf, and the Jim Furyk exercise in which you put a Swiss ball under your upper back, and then rotate a dumbell left to right for about 20 counts. Also did some form swings with a very light hand weight.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

August 3rd.

Had a 30 minute lesson today. Worked on being less spinny with my trail leg and hips. I seem to have an issue with being able to separate the lower and upper body. I was making good contact during the lesson, but still a lot of work to do.

August 3rd:  played 9 hole match play in our league playoffs.  I won my match 7 1/2-3 1/2 but my team lost 21-19.  I played well overall and only missed 1 green due to a severe downhill side hill lie on my approach.  I was 3 over par mainly due to two 3-putts.  I was a little better later in the round and made a couple 4 footers for par.  Tournament the next three days.

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

August 4 - knee is sore today. I did my therapy exercises and played 9 yesterday. Maybe that combo can't happen. Just did pitches today, no full swings. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8/4/17:

Putting in the living room this morning. 

I just realized I completed four months in a row of the daily challenge. I gotta keep this up somehow.

I'm going to play either 9 or 18 holes today, depending on weather.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

August 4 2017.  Spent 10 minutes working on transition.  Right now, I cast the club pretty much -- at A5, my angle is like 120 degrees.  Trying to make it 75.  Evolvr lesson said I should feel like the shaft will hit my shoulder.  As of yet, I have not been able to achieve that feeling, but this is my first time trying to get that done.  Will do much more slow speed practice later.

August:  4 for 4 so far!

-- Michael | My swing! 

8/4:

More chipping and putting at the course.   Chipping with different clubs from different lies.   Yesterday it was easy...today...., I have more work to do.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 2428 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!