IGNORED

2017 Wyndham Championship

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The boys are going low again.  I've played this course a handful of times in the past few years and I'm amazed at how these guys absolutely pick it apart.  It isn't a terribly long golf course but the greens are normally firm and fast.  Still make it look so easy.

Just shows you how good the guys on tour really are.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, The Big Break's Matt Every shot a 61.  Nice start.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Johnson Wagner playing both 5 pars  pretty well today - with an eagle and a double eagle.
According to the pgatour.com shot tracker he made his 2nd shot from 214 yards for the double

Edited by Wally Fairway

Players play, tough players win!

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Johnson Wagner playing both 5 pars  pretty well today - with an eagle and a double eagle.
According to the pgatour.com shot tracker he made his 2nd shot from 214 yards for the double

You mean albatross. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

What about "beagle"?  A birdie plus an eagle.  Most people have seen one of those.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Piz said:

What about "beagle"?  A birdie plus an eagle.  Most people have seen one of those.

I think it has to stay in the aviary family. Not a lot of flying beagles around… last time I checked anyway.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

48 minutes ago, iacas said:

Let me ask you this - what colour is the sky in your world?

(I hope you can see the homour in this post, and it doesn't leave a bad flavour in your mouth)

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think it has to stay in the aviary family. Not a lot of flying beagles around… last time I checked anyway.

How does "Flying Nun" sound?  Not avian, per se, but white and cross-like.  For the sake of brevity...one could call it a "Sally".

Edited by Piz

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

In typical Matt Every fashion he follows up his 61 with a +2 the next day

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Hunter Mahan, is in the building.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Who's that? :-)

Ryan Brehm, playing as a single today (I'm sure with a marker), teed off at 7:10 and finished with a 70. The next closest group is on 15

Edited by Wally Fairway

17 hours ago, nevets88 said:

What happened to his game? Last I remember him he was in a great spot to win the USOPEN at Merion. He lost his game, had to sell house Jordan and has not been seen in awhile.

Trollin' is the life

Says a lot about post-PGA golf that more of this thread has been discussing beagles than the golf :-P

Would love to see Stenson hold on for a number of reasons:

• First win since Open (nobody wants another Danny Willett-style fall off period)
  • I love his way of playing when he's in the mood, walking after iron shots as they approach the green etc.
  • Overcoming being saddled with Captain Slow Play himself (Kevin Na)
  • He's just awesome

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

It's been a good tournament, with some great play.  Stenson is tearing it up and Ollie is hanging tough.

Switching back and forth all weekend between this and the US Amateur.

16 minutes ago, b101 said:

Says a lot about post-PGA golf that more of this thread has been discussing beagles than the golf :-P

Would love to see Stenson hold on for a number of reasons:

• First win since Open (nobody wants another Danny Willett-style fall off period)

You can't possibly compare Stenson to Willett in any way....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

7 minutes ago, David in FL said:

You can't possibly compare Stenson to Willett in any way....

Both play Callaway. Done. Next :dance:

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 minute ago, b101 said:

Both play Callaway. Done. Next :dance:

And they both use white golf balls.  But that's about it.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just now, David in FL said:

And they both use white golf balls.  But that's about it.

Forgot that they're both a bit twitchy in pre-shot routines and go hot and cold with the putter. But yep, otherwise, I'm out.

Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!