IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee stirring the pot again

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Dave Stockton and Billy Casper weren't high ball hitters.

Adam Scott and Justin Rose hit it high and are average or below average putters.

I get what he's trying to say but it's a stretch.

What is he trying to say? What is the connection between releasing the club for high shots and being a good putter? Ignoring the "these players hit it high and also putt well" part, where you can probably find the opposite statement to be true for many players. What, from a mechanical and measurable point of view is the connection?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This man is starting to remind me of 'that one guy' in my childhood friend group chat...

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

I get what Brandel was trying to say in the original post.  But it's old news and I don't think there is a ton of people disagreeing with his position.  I think it is generally accepted that a softer version of S&T is favorable to the extreme S&T shown in the pics accompanying the first articles regarding it.  I was ok with the extreme version because if you are trying to make a change, extreme positions help solidify the concept. 

I can see a shift to the right helping a player feel less cramped over the ball and require less flexibility per se, but I don't see how it is going to suddenly give a player super straight ball flight, you still have to square up the club face at impact and swing speeds of over 120 mph are difficult to control.  DJ seems to be the best at it but I don't know how that swing is good for avoiding injury.

Warming up properly, stretching and remaining flexible (in my opinion) are the keys to avoiding injury.  I play lots of sports and I have injured myself more often doing a simple low stress movement because the body was cold and tight where at other times I have been able to perform movements that should have ripped my body apart but because I was properly warmed up and loose, I could perform the movement safely with ease.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-tv-analyst-pro-golfers-love-to-hate-1520356635?tesla=y

“We encourage our analysts to have strong opinions, otherwise it would be pretty laissez-faire,” said Golf Channel executive producer Molly Solomon. “What I admire about Brandel is he’s blunt, he’s unafraid, he’s fearless, and he’s constantly prepared.”

• Informative 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

6 hours ago, mvmac said:

Translates to: "He makes stuff up just to get people to react and bring attention to himself"

He does have nice hair though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

That’s not the right use of laissez-faire.

I’ve said all along he’s paid to rile people up. He’s just doing his job.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here's the full text of the WSJ piece: https://justpaste.it/1hyuk

Have to agree with this:

David Leadbetter, one of the world’s top-rated coaches, said amateurs are more easily influenced than pros. “Whatever Joe Blow says on the air, it’s like, ‘OK.’ It’s taken as gospel,” he said.

Although the piece has more to work with, it's better than this NYT piece.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

That’s not the right use of laissez-faire.

I’ve said all along he’s paid to rule people up. He’s just doing his job.

Unusual grammatical errors on your behalf. Lol. But you’re absolutely right. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Unusual grammatical errors on your behalf. Lol. But you’re absolutely right. 

Just a typo. Rile, not rule.

Thanks. I like fixing mistakes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Me:  <working>

Me: <checks TST>

Me: <sees Chamblee thread>

Me: Mutters "Heads, it's Brandel saying something annoying people.  Tails, it's someone saying something about Brandel"

Me: <flips coin...heads>

Me: <checks thread>

Me:  "Damn!"

Co-worker: "What's wrong?"

Me:  "Lost a bet with myself"

Co-worker: "Doesn't that mean you also won?"

Me:  "Nope."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!