IGNORED

2017 Hero World Challenge Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 11/21/2017 at 10:02 PM, Golfingdad said:

He’ll probably win 6 times this year, but only two of them will be majors.  He’ll come in fourth here though.

I'll be surprised if he tee's it up more than 6 times this year.

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
2 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

I'll be surprised if he tee's it up more than 6 times this year.

Why?

I'd take that bet. How much?

P.S. I'm assuming you mean the 2017-18 PGA Tour season, not literally the rest of the "year" 2017.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate to say it but Tigers back has never been his problem. If you look at when his career started going downhill it all began when he quit sleeping with 500 women a year. Unless he's swinging the bars as well as he's swinging his driver, he'll probably come last at the hero.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Sweatyslouch said:

I hate to say it but Tigers back has never been his problem.

:-P

Welcome to the site, but… c'mon man.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, Sweatyslouch said:

I hate to say it but Tigers back has never been his problem. If you look at when his career started going downhill it all began when he quit sleeping with 500 women a year. Unless he's swinging the bars as well as he's swinging his driver, he'll probably come last at the hero.

I had a look at his career on Wikipedia.  In 2013 he made 16 cuts in 16 starts, had 5 wins, and was the #1 player in the world.  That was 3 years after his infidelities came to light and his subsequent divorce.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 12:02 AM, Golfingdad said:

He’ll probably win 6 times this year, but only two of them will be majors.  He’ll come in fourth here though.

I know this is probably sarcasm but as someone who missed watching Tiger in his prime I would love to see this.  It would also be cool to see how the top guys on tour like Speith, DJ, Rory...etc stack up against Tiger when he is playing well

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Why?

I'd take that bet. How much?

P.S. I'm assuming you mean the 2017-18 PGA Tour season, not literally the rest of the "year" 2017.

You are so literal. Yes the whole season and I don't bet with strangers online since it is illegal.

Trollin' is the life

• Administrator
1 minute ago, MuniGrit said:

You are so literal. Yes the whole season and I don't bet with strangers online since it is illegal.

No, it's not. On TW, you're a hater beyond what's even rational.

On 11/20/2017 at 10:52 PM, colin007 said:

Just a week and a half out. Errybody knows it's Tigs coming back, and nobody moves the needle like he does...

Predictions? Comments?

I think there'll be more guys finishing above him than below him, personally.

I had Tiger`s first victory coming Sunday April 8 2018. However hearing from Fowler Day and Faxon stating he is driving it farther than Dustin Johnson, I am taking Tiger to win right out the gate, first win at The Hero, cant wait .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InTheRough said:

I know this is probably sarcasm but as someone who missed watching Tiger in his prime I would love to see this.  It would also be cool to see how the top guys on tour like Speith, DJ, Rory...etc stack up against Tiger when he is playing well

Bro, you missed out. I'll try to describe, but you really had to be there....there was something electric, magnetic, almost ethereal about him playing. People who'd never cared about golf were glued to the TV. The anticipation of him making a move was palpable.

I'll be honest, back in the day I would get giddy watching him. The adrenaline was incredible.

Colin P.

20 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Bro, you missed out. I'll try to describe, but you really had to be there....there was something electric, magnetic, almost ethereal about him playing. People who'd never cared about golf were glued to the TV. The anticipation of him making a move was palpable.

I'll be honest, back in the day I would get giddy watching him. The adrenaline was incredible.

haha...Wow

Well, all I can do is hope he has a couple more really good years left in him.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

3 hours ago, InTheRough said:

Not sarcasm so much as blindly absurd optimism.  :) At this point, I wouldn’t dare even attempt to make any actual predictions because I haven’t the foggiest idea how a healthy 40-something Tiger Woods would stack up against today’s best.  I am starting to get a little excited, though, to see what may happen.

1 hour ago, Bob freakin Hope said:

I had Tiger`s first victory coming Sunday April 8 2018. However hearing from Fowler Day and Faxon stating he is driving it farther than Dustin Johnson, I am taking Tiger to win right out the gate, first win at The Hero, cant wait .

I would be so excited if either of these happened.  Or anything in between :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

How does anyone think Tiger Woods will do when he returns

On 11/20/2017 at 10:52 PM, colin007 said:

Just a week and a half out. Errybody knows it's Tigs coming back, and nobody moves the needle like he does...

Predictions? Comments?

I think there'll be more guys finishing above him than below him, personally.

I don't know how he will play he said that the last time his back was good but he still withdrew from the tournament

3 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

I don't think he will win he has been out to long but u never know

54 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

I'm enjoying every shot of his while I can. 

Wish you the best this season, Tiger! Stay healthy, bud! :beer:

Easy there bro, he's my bud.

• Like 1

Colin P.

I predict that he will blow it by Ricky a few times. Way way by. 

4 hours ago, InTheRough said:

haha...Wow

Well, all I can do is hope he has a couple more really good years left in him.

Yeah, I had heard of this phenom  called Tiger before I knew golf was played with a different ball than the one used in field hockey.:-)

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 2335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!