IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 295

Mainly worked on some chipping off the edge of the green and a wedges out of the trap.

Chipping was good, many left me 3' or less from the flag, a few ran a bit too much and were 8'.  Again, as I rarely practice this I was happy.

Since last time I practiced sand work, I changed to my 60º for sand, especially where there is a fairly high lip to get over.  Kept it rather flat and played it somewhat as I do for my "Phil" lofts.  Results were good, a few were too hard and ran too far, but many were high with a good bite.  Again, I need to practice this a bit more to feel as if I have really have a hold of this shot.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 296

Woke up this AM with a heck of a lot of energy.

So I spent about 35 minutes on physical matters: exercises to gain strength in my quads.  This was followed with practicing the movements of the swing.  That was followed by slow but sure 25 swings with the Orange torture device.

If time allows later, I will hit 25 shots or so at the range.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 485

Worked on pitch, lobs, and longer,  low running punch shots this morning. Did this on the driving range, only because I left my shag stick at home due to a temporary brain malfunction. It was a late night, with friends  for us. Or, should I say an early morning return?.

Mostly just went through the motions for these practice shots. (50-60 balls) I did concentrate as much as my hung over mind set would allow on them though. 

Pretty sure I need a nap.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 203, May 3

Worked on my PP hitting into my net with 7 iron and Driver. Did slow swings to get the feel of low hands. Also, paid attention to set up with lower right shoulder. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 530   Spent a couple of hours on the range, working through my drills to improve my turn on my backswing, staying in posture through the swing, and improved pelvic rotation to start and continue through the downswing.  Late last week, I felt well enough to bring out my Super Speed Training System clubs again, and have worked with them for the third time this week.  Then spent 45 minutes on the putting green with the Pelz Putting Tutor and Putter Clips -- working to improve my skills in starting the putt on line and centeredness of hit.  Then a putting drills from 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 feet.  I have to hit these putts either to the hole or no more than 24 inches past.  If I miss at any distance I have to start over again.  The 24 inches is a LOT smaller target than the 72 inches I normally use for distance pratice (36 inches short or beyond the hole).   Tougher drill -- "train hard, so you can play easier!"

5/3/19:

Day Ten:

Today I continued to work on my weight shift. It's that good athletic position of readiness. If you are getting ready to grab a rebound in basketball or getting ready to run. Comically I've found I can swing much harder in that position. My coach posed that question. "Didn't you grab a bunch of rebounds when you played basketball." I replied "Yes, I had several double-digit rebound games". "The shot is up" it know it sounds silly, but I'm more in balance my weight is forward and am hitting it further and straighter. Maybe that explains my recent good play.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 2.  Long practice this morning:  started with putting, then chipping, then a small bucket at the range (full practice routine on each ball), and lastly a little bit more putting.  This is practice for tomorrow's fourball match.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 15: Spent some time working on putting. Working primarily on bead, but also making sure my stroke is where it needs to be. I'm in a pretty good spot I think.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 455 - May 3, 2019 - Five minutes (plus) hitting before Dave showed up to work on the LSW/First Tee stuff. My "piece" is feeling a bit weird right now, but I'm still hitting it well. Video needed soon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 486

I see day 485 was waiting for me again. I just cleared the editor. Seems to be an on going issue.

Anyways, this morning was what I call "fairway work".  This is where I make a skinny fairway, using the flags, and whatever else the driving range has to offer. A corridor if you will. 

Started with warming up with my wedges, and the well used balls in the basket I purchased. 

From my wedges I move up to my longer clubs, one club, one full swing, one ball at a time. After I hit my driver, I work my way back down to my lw. I rotated through my bag of clubs 4 times.

Using my abbreviated preshot routine for each swing, the goal is to land all balls in, or relatively near my make shift, smallish fairway. (I make it pretty skinny on purpose)

Except for a few "iffy" driver shots, it was a successful practice. 

After the range session, I moved on over the putting green for some putting practice.  

In My Bag:

DAY 531  Stayed out a little longer than I should have.... temperature is in the upper 80s!!  Spent 90 plus minutes on the range working on rotating around my spine rather than swaying.... using two different drills to get the proper feeling.   Then hit about 30 drivers to work on this club and to check on my speed improvement process.  I averaged about 94 and had one reach 100.   Well there were also 3-4 malfunctions where my swing speed registered in the 130s!!  HA! HA!     Then went to the chipping/pitching green for a final 90 minutes and worked on hitting wedges from 25 yards to an elevated green. Making some progress... the issue of lunging also impacts my ball/club contact on these shots, ..  :-)

Speed 5 4.jpg

Day 297

For the first time in almost two weeks, I took a real focused look at taking full, energized shots, made note of the results, and worked towards adjusting the errors.

I limited my clubs today to those I am most likely to use as my second shot after tee shots: 50º, 6i, 7i, and 3h.  I took ~15 focused shots with each with a 5 minutes pause after each club.  The strokes were done in groups of five.  If I hit a bad batch of five, I would sit and think through and start over again.

All showed promise: the 50º had direction as its biggest sin.  It was more than likely than not my  foot alignment was off and pointing a bit more left than needed or desired.  Easy to correct.

6i was the first weapon of the day and started off quite rough.  I hit both big draws and a few slices.  So, I took some time, used the Orange Whip® and did a few other exercises to make sure I was really ready. The new grouping of 15 was good.  I did have a fat shot, but again, mainly an alignment combined with not paying attention.

7i was "OK".  First five looked good, but were well short on distance. I stepped back and simply concentrated on letting the club do more work.  The last 8 or so, had good loft, were aimed well and averaged 140 yards, which for me, with this club, is good.

The 3h was my most solid performer for the day; and, if you have been reading my postings, you know I have serious consistency problems with this club.

Did not start well as I hit a very fat push on the first attempt.  So much was off.  I was too close, ball was positioned too far forward, alignment was off, and, I was over swinging to try to go far. So I sat back down, not to think about what went wrong, but, what I knew made for a good hybrid shot.  Went through my pre-shot routine and poked a solid 160 yards, perfectly on line, well lofted stroke.  Next 8 or so were not as pretty, but very close cousins.

I seem to have tried to go beyond what I knew to do. Funny, what trouble one gets into when one stops doing what they have practiced and what works. 

Day 204, May the 4th be with you.

Played 9 with my wife. Shot a 42. Drives were a bit low burners on some holes and I'm not sure why. Irons were a B, wedges B, putting A.

2578651_OUAo0Ptd.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 16: Went to then range and worked on my priority piece of keeping my head back in transition. Looks good on video. Then spent 15 minutes putting, working on lag putting and short putts. That went really well. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 456 - May 4, 2019 - Demonstrated some shots in an 18-hole playing lesson with a kid today playing his first event of the year tomorrow. May the fourth be with him…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5/4/19:

Day Eleven:

Practiced my 3, 4, and 5 foot putts for about 10 minutes on the carpet. 30/30. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 3.  Played 18 holes by means of fourball (well, 14 holes of fourball and four holes of finishing the round because we paid for 18 holes).  Practice the past many days has paid off, my partner and I won 6 & 4.  Shot 87 on my ball (had to post 86 because the holes after the match had to be posted as net pars).  Looking forward to much more practice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 487

Worked on forced carry shots up tp 50 yards this morning.

As always, the carry is a bunker, and a grassy hill next to it. The target is a flag pin just past the grassy hill. about 10'-15' feet. 

These are high pitches, and lob shots for me. 1/2 - 3/4 +/-swings 

Most of my focus was on the semi rough lies, and club selection. 

Goal was to carry the two hazards, landing the ball near the flag pin. Any ball that does not clear the hazards, becomes a practice sand save to the same flag pin.. Had 4 of those this morning. The other 52 balls cleared the hazards in good shape. I had quite few viable one putts if on a green. 

The 4 sand saves presented a good practice shot. Not only did I have to get the ball out of the bunker, it also had to clears the 4' foot high grassy hill. 

With the pitch shots, I tried land the ball on the down slope of the grassy hill, which would allow the ball to roll to the flag pin. The lobs I just tried to drop on top of the flag pin. 

Just a nice early morning practice. Early daylight is a good thing. 

In My Bag: