Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Went to the range expecting to hit really bad after such a terrible ball striking round, but actually hit reasonably. I’m half tempted to use range balls on the course! :-D

What I tried was to reproduce my tired swing that overflexes the shaft at transition. Used my SS radar to check my swing speed, it was on average only  a few mph faster. I think I’m jerking through the transition to flex the shaft more? I have some flex sensors used in robots that I might be able to use to check shaft flex during my transition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Day 462 - April 4, 2021 Played 18 holes with @Hardspoon and then a nine-hole scramble with @NatalieB. Shot 30 on the latter nine, and around par with the first 18. I haven't gone through the roun

Posted Images

Day 19:

2/17/18

leaving the house to go to a free taylormade fitting.  I just want to hit the M3/M4.  See if it gives me any distance over my Titleist. I don’t have any intention on making a purchase.  But, you never know.  I’m pretty impulsive. :8)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 48

Easy day today. Carpet putting. 3&6 footers. 

As a warm up earlier this morning I swung my Kallassy club for several minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2/17/18:

Worked on my path drill with the soda bottles today. Mostly using a 7-iron with the focus of not hitting the bottles and staying on path. After starting with short swings which is always the way that I do this drill, I worked my way  up to and including full swings. I did this for about 15 minutes but integrated the first move down drill when I got to the full swing part which was for about 5 minutes or so.

Day 323, Just 42 to a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 79   Played in a 9 Hole scramble this morning... we won at 10 under par!!  Then hit the putting green to continue the 10,000 Putt Challenge.  Made 100 putts in a row from 2 feet, and then 100 from 4 feet.  Tired, time for lunch, and then to the range.... "Get Better or Get Beaten!!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, lastings said:

Day 19:

2/17/18

leaving the house to go to a free taylormade fitting.  I just want to hit the M3/M4.  See if it gives me any distance over my Titleist. I don’t have any intention on making a purchase.  But, you never know.  I’m pretty impulsive. :8)

As a heads up, if you would like to keep your $500, don’t go hit these things. The M3 was pretty consistently getting 5-10 yds over my Titleist 915 and once we figured out the right shaft, dispersion was way way tighter. 

I don’t think I’m gonna be able to resist purchasing one of these before the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator

Day 15, February 17, 2018 - Practiced for ten minutes after my Junior Elite Program. Will get in some more swings here in the living room while watching a little golf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 16 

Spent 20 minutes with swing weight on 7 my 7 iron in the back yard. Get a good stretch and good extension of the club. I felt like I was rushing my swing and it was more compact. The swing weight really slows your swing down and really gives you great extension on backswing and follow through. Swung without it and now I feel like Rory, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Day 15, February 17, 2018 - Practiced for ten minutes after my Junior Elite Program. Will get in some more swings here in the living room while watching a little golf.

Annoying.  Everyday you’re like.  “I touched a golf club”, “I fiddled around with some toy”, “I rearranged my golf bag”, “I drew a line on a golf ball”.  

Then you go out and shoot 71.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17/2/18 - 10 minutes of drills on ribcage swings with a medicine ball to engage core whilst limiting lower body turn and working with the V-Easy to sort my release with wedges and take excess wrist hinge out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, lastings said:

Annoying.  Everyday you’re like.  “I touched a golf club”, “I fiddled around with some toy”, “I rearranged my golf bag”, “I drew a line on a golf ball”.  

Then you go out and shoot 71.  

How do you mean?

I spend about ten minutes, often only hitting about eight golf balls, working on my piece. I've documented it a bit more recently in my Member Swing topic.

I generally have reasonable clubface control (Key #5), so I can usually scrape it around the golf course pretty well. I swing reasonably fast (I'm not long but I'm not short either), and I am a good putter, so I can score pretty well and just kind of ignore what I'm practicing and just "play golf."

You can probably just dink around and play and shoot your normal scores, no? So, same here.

I'd just like that 71 to 73 to become a 68 to 72. :-)

I don't always have a lot of time. When I'm downtown at Golf Evolution, people are often asking for help, or I'm offering it, or I'm cleaning up, or whatever. I wish I had a bit more time to practice, so I - perhaps more than most people - really have to practice the right way to make the most of the time I do have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

How do you mean?

I spend about ten minutes, often only hitting about eight golf balls, working on my piece. I've documented it a bit more recently in my Member Swing topic.

I generally have reasonable clubface control (Key #5), so I can usually scrape it around the golf course pretty well. I swing reasonably fast (I'm not long but I'm not short either), and I am a good putter, so I can score pretty well and just kind of ignore what I'm practicing and just "play golf."

You can probably just dink around and play and shoot your normal scores, no? So, same here.

I'd just like that 71 to 73 to become a 68 to 72. :-)

I don't always have a lot of time. When I'm downtown at Golf Evolution, people are often asking for help, or I'm offering it, or I'm cleaning up, or whatever. I wish I had a bit more time to practice, so I - perhaps more than most people - really have to practice the right way to make the most of the time I do have.

I was just joking around.  Funny the relative ease with which you put low 70s on the board while us clompers are out here working hours on end to break 80.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, lastings said:

I was just joking around.  Funny the relative ease with which you put low 70s on the board while us clompers are out here working hours on end to break 80.

Okay.

But you're probably a better chef than me, or a better husband, or far better at whatever your profession is than I could be… whatever. I'm good at this one thing. And it's just golf, so… big whoop. I try to keep it in perspective. :-) And I really do have more fun seeing my students do well and break new barriers than me doing the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, iacas said:

How do you mean?

I spend about ten minutes, often only hitting about eight golf balls, working on my piece. I've documented it a bit more recently in my Member Swing topic.

I generally have reasonable clubface control (Key #5), so I can usually scrape it around the golf course pretty well. I swing reasonably fast (I'm not long but I'm not short either), and I am a good putter, so I can score pretty well and just kind of ignore what I'm practicing and just "play golf."

You can probably just dink around and play and shoot your normal scores, no? So, same here.

I'd just like that 71 to 73 to become a 68 to 72. :-)

I don't always have a lot of time. When I'm downtown at Golf Evolution, people are often asking for help, or I'm offering it, or I'm cleaning up, or whatever. I wish I had a bit more time to practice, so I - perhaps more than most people - really have to practice the right way to make the most of the time I do have.

 

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay.

But you're probably a better chef than me, or a better husband, or far better at whatever your profession is than I could be… whatever. I'm good at this one thing. And it's just golf, so… big whoop. I try to keep it in perspective. :-) And I really do have more fun seeing my students do well and break new barriers than me doing the same.

Gained a lot of respect for you with those two posts (not that I didn't have a ton already!). Great message to put across.

18/2/18 - Back to grinding. 1hr of range work broken into chunks. 30 minutes of 3x medicine ball ribcage swings, 3x practice ribcage swings at 50%, then hit a ball with a ribcage swing, check video, rinse and repeat. 15 minutes of working on pitching with the wider takeaway using the V-Easy training aid - 5 swings with it, 5 swings without around the green. 15 minutes of distance control putting, three balls to flags anywhere between 30 and 60 feet away. Quite enjoyable, all in all. Video of the range stuff in my swing thread if interested!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 17 

spent 30 minutes using pin wheel fan to create faster swing speeds. Swung from back swing to start, then from start to follow through, and lastly from start to back swing to follow through. It’s not only helping my swing, but it is also a great workout.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I don't have a rule book but I asked the tournament director and he could only talk about the rule to do with the ball moving at address. It's no longer a penalty if you are not deemed to have caused the ball to move. He talked about if the ball moved that you have to replace the ball but he could not give me a definitive ruling. He asked me if I hit the ball while it was moving and I said I wasn't sure, I just saw it move so it was close. Do you know the ruling?
    • He needs to play the first nine better... stop making 6s and 7s...
    • I’m not saying Jordan Spieth won’t score 63 tomorrow to win at -14. He’s scored well at Augusta on Sunday before. But It’s a tall order. 
    • I ordered my March 15, they told me maybe last week of April... if they get the heads.. (They upgraded me to two day shipping).
    • Note to self: firmer grip on short game shots. Something I figured out during my short game session at Chautauqua last year and apparently forgot.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. BigRedAl99
      BigRedAl99
      (68 years old)
    2. jmadsen
      jmadsen
      (58 years old)
    3. Nick Avisa
      Nick Avisa
      (55 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...