IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 94 (01/25/22) - Spent 5 minutes swinging a weighted (about 5 lb) club, mainly hip to hip length swings trying to be fairly slow and rhythmic. Plan to work up to longer periods of time and longer swings between now and March. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 34: 1/25/2022

I felt like changing things up a bit today. So, I did speed sticks. I have to say.... I felt pretty slow. 

Then I looked at the Swing Speed Radar and it confirmed it... I was slow. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 48 (25 Jan 22) - played 18 today.  Experimented with using different clubs on the approach shots.  For example going with a 5i and maybe 8i in on a par 5 rather than a fairway and wedge in.  Made for good use of all the clubs.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 86, January 25, 2022

Hit 7-irons and 6-irons today while waiting for a GEARS thing to upload to my Dropbox. Did them at some speed, with some rehearsals in between. More of a checkpoint day, to see how I'm doing, what my status is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 456: Back is improving with stretching and exercises but still only did setup work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 21: More mirror work. Still working on set up - knees bent and hips more over my heels. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 95 (01/26/22) - Did putting "bead" work today. I don't have a metal yard stick so instead used one of the lines on my putting mat, stopping the ball with a pillow to make sure it had stayed on the line. Then setup two balls about 1/2" wider than my putter head on each side putted w/o hitting either ball. Finally did the same thing with a gate set 3' out and putted until I was able to stroke several balls in succession through the gate and without hitting either side ball. 

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 457: Back is feeling better but stayed inside and worked on setup and punch drills. Did a bit of chipping and pitching too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 49 (26 Jan 22) - Today I started working on the drill suggested to me on my page of the Member Swing forum.   Working on eliminating the chicken wing in the swing.  Back story - motorcycle wreck in ‘16 left me with a left foot w/no toes and grafted skin.  As such learning how much weight it will bear in the swing has me chicken winging to protect it.  This has been evident in every video I have of me making a swing.  Folks here recommended a drill for elimination of the c-wing.  Focused on the sense of weight on the lead foot, ever so slight hip shift, and maintaining the arms.  Finished with very easy swings with the 52 and 9i - no more than 1/4 to me swings. 

Edited by WillieT
Poor grammar!

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 22: Did a super speed session. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 35: 1/26/2022

I had like three 10-20 minute sessions today. Of course I did my mirror work. Don't underestimate mirror work. I think its helping me with my priority piece.

I also did a few putting drills. The usual bead work, the two gate drills and I also tried to beat my best score on the four-foot-3-ball-progressive putt challenge. ... I did not beat my best score. It remains at 20 inches. 

I did the chipping ladder drill as well. 6 foot chips, 12 foot chips and 18 foot chips on the carpet. I used both the 54 and 60 degree wedges. I went through both clubs 4 times up and down the ladder. Next time I do it, I think I'm going to use a hitting mat, perhaps a piece of artificial rough. The carpet does a good job simulating a tight lie, but I'd like to chip well from tight lies and from the rough. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 87, January 26, 2022

Played a bunch of the games on Awesome Golf after doing some of my Wednesday stuff with some juniors.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10:

Did indoor backswing rehearsals with LVP camera. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 96 (01/27/22) - Practiced setup and backswing to A2, A3 and full swing with my pitching wedge. Did some putting. 

Day 458: Spent time with setup and punch drills again.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 50 (27 Jan 22) - continued the anti-chicken wing drill, incorporating it into my setup.  No more than 20%, keeping things slowed down.  As much as I wanted to…each swing was followed by what was good and what wasn’t self assessment.  Planning more of the same tomorrow.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star