IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 5: Been busy today during daylight hours today, so practiced putting at home with the PuttOUT putting aid, doing the 4,8,12 drill (1 from 4, 2 from 8, 3 from 12).

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 60: 2/23/2022 

I got some nice work in on my priority piece. 

I snuck in a chipping ladder too.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 76 (23 Feb 22) - 20yd pitches with the 52 today, worked on engaging the bounce of the club.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 115, February 23, 2022

Had enough time today to just get a little bit of work in. Had a lovely evening too (not). Ugh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 50: Putted today while on some conference calls. Trying to get my eyes a little more over the ball and the handle more upright at address. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 39:

Went out to eat for my wife’s birthday, so no time for any significant practice. Did backswing rehearsals and a little setup/grip practice indoors. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6: More putting practice this morning, then 9 holes this afternoon.  Putting was good!  Short game ok.  Full swing - not so great.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 496: Did some work on the knuckles down feel in the basement. Also did a Fit for Golf Workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 61: 2/24/2022

Had to leave really early this morning to get out to a customer for a meeting. Threw the 8 iron and driver in the trunk of the car as I knew I'd pass a driving range on the way back. Hit balls with both driver and 8 iron. Working on my priority pieces. First the footwork thing, then the turn thing, rinse and repeat. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 124 - Busy day today so just about  minutes with the 5-minutes with the weighted club and a little bit of putting.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 116, February 24, 2022

Did some putting work (playing around with the Capto) while half- (quarter-?) watching Inventing Anna.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 39:

Did mostly backswing rehearsals while hitting chippy shots with 7-iron. I sense that I have overexaggerated a feel to the point of getting myself in a bad spot, and then needing to compensate.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 77 (24 Feb 22) - worked on keeping centered today using the plastic goal post my grandson has.  Allows to set up to where I can place my head on the upright, and come through on the swing.  Coupled this with the anti-chicken wing drill to reinforce the needed shift in the hips.  Making slow but steady progress.  

Edited by WillieT

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 50: played 18 holes on a simulator. Good to hit a ball again for the first time in 2 months. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 497: Played with the MEVO Plus and chipping in the basement. Worked really well once if figured out that I wasn’t using the RCT balls.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 125 - Another busy day (cleaning 4" of slop off my driveway) so just a few minutes practicing flighted wedge shot setup and slow motion swing. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 7: Continued with 4,8,12 putting drills.  Have slightly adjusted my grip after watching the Edel claw video (I've used claw grip from day one, but I experimented with the height and angle of top hand) - slightly more consistent direction, it seems.  Weather much warmer today and finally the wind has dropped.  Hopefully it'll be nice tomorrow and I'll get some short game practice in.  Maybe 9 holes too.