IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 169:

Did some full swing work with Mevo+, using 7-iron and 4-iron. I'm happy with where my launch angles are right now, and I will verify on GC4 next lesson. Didn't count these as shot zone mapping since I was also working on some mechanical changes at the same time, but I wasn't unhappy with dispersion - just a few pulls/bad left misses, but main miss is a push with a bit of slice.

-Peter

• Driver: :cobra: King F9
  • 3W: :ping: G410
  • 3H: :titleist: 818 H1
  • Irons: :srixon: ZX5 4-AW
  • Wedges: :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • Putter: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 250 - Busy day with stuff around the house today. Did swings with my Orange Whip Wedge to work on tempo for finesse and distance wedge shots; more work with finesse shots from the rough. I think that I have a technique down which will work well, now need to take it to the practice green. 

• Clubs: Ping, Callaway, New Level, SeeMore, Scotty Cameron
  • Other: Snell MTB Black (Optic Yellow); Callaway ORG 7 bag;  Shot Scope V3

Day 22 (06 Jul 22) - Worked on putting stroke today - primarily focusing on the length of backswing compared to through swing.   Practiced lagging putts at varied distances and to specific target points (goal was to just have the ball roll to or just past said points).  

Day 616 or so: Practiced twice today. First I the morning then in the afternoon after I got back my Evolvr lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 2 (yesterday) - Light range session with some slow short swings just working on my feeling for getting the club to shallow out a bit more to start the downswing.

Day 3 (today) - Did some mirror work and worked on a couple shallowing drills in my garage

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

• Administrator

Day 248, July 6, 2022

Worked on some swing stuff (left wrist cupping, right flat during the backswing) before lessons today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 122.  I had two sessions of two dozen balls each, 6-iron, off a mat, into a net, real balls, indoors. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 170:

Weird stiffness in my neck (slept funny?) so static driver work, and some mirror rehearsals. 

-Peter

Day 251 - Small bucket at the North Kingstown range today. Started with Distance wedge block practice, PW thru LW, two swing lengths (shaft parallel and left arm parallel) then hit Drivers for the last 10 balls. Finished with some time on the practice green hitting shots from various locations in the rough and fringe and then did some putting speed work. 

Day 618: Worked on my new drill today with 25% swings only. Filmed them and posted in my swings thread.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 17: 7/7/2022

Spent time at the range today working on my priority pieces. I didn't hit anything really well and started "hunting". That made things worse.

Not a great practice session today. I'll try to do better tomorrow. 

• Administrator

Day 249, July 7, 2022

Worked on the range during and briefly after an emergency student lesson.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 4 - Rained today so did some mirror work and hit some balls in the garage at about 50% swing speed

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Day 23 (07 Jul 22) - at the beach, grabbed the old 7i and worked on downswing thru impact - in to out path, divot after the ball.  

Day 170:

Neck still uncomfortable, so just mirror work.

-Peter

Day 123.  Played 18 today.  Didn't play particularly well, at least according to the scorecard.  It felt like I had longer clubs into the greens than I usually do, but I missed a ton left/right, indicating that I selected clubs well, hit them well, and just that's where they fell in my shot zone.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 24 (08 Jul 22) - rained at the beach last night, nice compacted sand.  Took the old 9i to hit sand shots off compacted as well as fluffed sand.   As it was crowded, the shots were limited to greenside bunker style up and downs.  One of my fave beach sand drills as it focuses on how much sand I need to grab based on the softness of the sand.  

Day 252 - 9-hole league tonight (back 9); shot a 10-over 44 but generally played poorly (including a 4-putt on the 17th). Generally frustrating night.