IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 619: Worked on my priority pieces again with mixed results. I could not seem to translate the feel to the swing. I only did 25 to 50% swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 124.  I hit my 6-iron for three dozen shots in my indoor practice room.  This was more a maintenance practice, as I'm playing this weekend and played yesterday.   If I had more time, this would have been "go somewhere and putt for an hour" in my plans.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 18: 7/8/2022

Spent some time hitting balls into my net.
Worked on my priority piece with a 6 iron. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 250, July 8, 2022

Went to Lake View to get some full swing work in (went okay, still starting a bit left, not as much of a push-draw as I'm capable of hitting), then got a lot of short game work in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 253 - As I noted in Day 252 comments, although I didn't sore too badly given my handicap (22.3 index), last night's round was pretty frustrating. Review of Strokes Gained data from Shot Scope could not have been clearer that my driving was really poor last night as I lost 5.66 strokes (to a 20 hcp) on driving, while gaining 3.66 strokes on approaches, short game and putting. Needless to say, improving my driving will become my focus until its fixed.

Today did "Impact Fix"  and "9 to 3 four square" drills in the yard, using a large glass window as a mirror and focusing on impact position and swing path. Clearly I need to learn to film swings as well. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 5 (07/08/22) - Got out to range and worked on getting more shallow at transition

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Day 620: Worked more on my priority pieces this morning.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 25 (09 Jul 22) - lead arm drill to work on club position at impact with the ball set about one ball forward of center, used the 7i.   Followed that with some full swings using hard foam balls.  Really like using the lead arm drill to reinforce getting good shaft lean at impact.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 125.  Played 18 again.  I hit some really horrible shots with my woods, which felt like most of my approach shots today.  I still beat the 15 handicap SG marker, and did so on driving too, despite two eye dee ten tee pop up drives.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 251, July 9, 2022

Played nine holes today. Mostly irons, from the white tees with Nat.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 254 - Same drills as yesterday and I added Impact Fix with the 7i. Planning to repeat tomorrow, then take it to the range on Tuesday. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 251, July 10, 2022

Had two lessons re-schedule today, so I got some extra practice time in today. Cupped to the top, throw it behind me a bit, and rotate.

Day 621: Played 9 today with my wife and friend. Rehearsed the same feels as my practice this past week. Driver was actually pretty good considering I’ve only been hitting into a net. I will go and practice at the range tomorrow and get a better idea of ball flight.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 126.  Played 18.  In warm-up, I was hitting 3H and 4W fantastic.  What a tease after yesterday.  Today was much better, although a different course.  I shot an 82, good for a 10.something differential, and had 16/18 holes 5 or under... with two sevens on par-5s 😞  One was set up by a poor recovery shot and the other was a poor second shot, a good recovery shot from there, but then a not-very-good pitch.

On the bright side, I beat the 15 hcp markers for SG:SG and SG:P and 10 hcp on driving and approach, and I averaged 218 yards off the tee (my highest single-round average ever I think).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 19: 7/10/2022

Okay, So, even though I practiced, I forgot to post yesterday, so today is day 19. 

Hit balls in the garage into the net. I worked on both of my priority pieces. 

I'm looking forward to getting a lesson here at the end of the week. Need to get back on track. Something "feels" off. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 26 (10 Jul 22) a rainy day so it was an inside day of work.  Repeated the lead arm drill from yesterday but in front of mirror.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 27 (11 Jul 22) - Day 3 of lead arm drill work - today in the backyard. Started with 6i moved several other irons.  With each club change, rehearsed the lead arm only drill before making swings.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 622: Went the range and worked on the same pieces. Started with slow swing again, 8 iron, 6 iron and driver. Too busy at the range to film. Near the end, I worked on some full swing feels and making sure I was swinging out after impact using a driveway stick. I think my iron pulls from yesterday were due to path. This drill seemed to help.

Scott

My Swing Thread