IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 13: 5 minutes of mirror work, working on takeaway and hip turn from A3 to A4 again. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 139

We had our bimonthly putting mini tournament this morning. Just our little group of 6 old dudes. Winner gets bragging rights till the time.  

After 36 pins, I was tied for first with a 78 (+6). I lost a sudden death playoff. The guy holed out a 30' footer on his first putt. I missed my first putt by 3 or 4 feet. Pretty sure he got lucky. 

After this devistating loss, it was a visit to the 19th hole for some grub, and few beverages. We had a good time. 

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 180  Rise and Grind!!  2 3/4 hours on the range working through my GGGA Workbook of Drills -- focusing on Motion Drills which are designed to improve the overall motion of your swing.   Humid... glad I will be inside this afternoon... though maybe I will go out for 9 holes later today :-)

5/19/18:

Day 3:

Worked on putting speed mostly from inside 15 feet and outside 30 feet.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 105 - May 19, 2018 - Practiced briefly between lessons.

No, that's not particularly deep, and I'm a bit lazy in not typing that out, but it's the same old stuff: backswing elbow stuff while turning and keeping it what feels ridiculously short.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18:

Full swing practice today with 6 Iron. Focused on priority piece (elbows) and squaring the club face at impact. 20+ minutes and it was good practice for 18 of that lol. Last swings were a little lazy so I shut it down. Also hit a few trouble shot 6 irons. 

Day 17

played in a scramble. Tried to make better downswings. I need to slow things down more. The speed I am swinging at now isn’t good for consistency. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 49, May 19 - rainy day. Did some backswing work in the basement. Focused on positions at A2-3 and A5-6 per my newest lesson.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 14: Mirror work again. Still working on takeaway and keeping my club outside my hands at A2. Also working on cleaning up my trail knee set up at address.

-- Daniel

Day 140

This morning it was 100 yard, full shots on the practice menu. Focus was on aim, tempo/timing, and crisp impacts on the ball. I was also able to use my left over game balls, which play more consistently than range balls. My target was a hillside next to the pin. By hitting the hillside, a much larger target, the ball would bounce sideways towards the pin. (B+)

I also started a new warm up technique I was shown a few months ago. What I did for this 100 yard shots to start off with an 8i, with much slower than normal swings. I would however slowly increase my swing speed. Once the ball was flying farther  than 100 yards, I switched to a 9i, with a faster swing. Once those balls we're flying past my target, I settled in with my PW.  I finish up with my AW, which should fly the ball short of my target, if I have obtained consistent tempo, timing, and swing speed that I was developing with the slower 8i swings. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 181   Will someone PLEASE turn off the rain in Florida!!!   So stuck indoors, which means more time with my shortened 5 iron and my Impact Ball.  Continuing to work on my backswing -- in particular keeping my right elbow more in front of my body.   Did several 2-3 minute sessions throughout the day so far.

Day 50, May 20 - Worked on my backswing and downswing for about 45 minutes hitting in to a net. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 106 - May 20, 2018 - Lots of stuff, but mostly that I played 18 holes with two good guys. We played a scramble at Whispering Woods while working on some things.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 15: Played 18 holes, with about an hour of warmup.

-- Daniel

Day 19:

5 Minutes of Mirror work. Elbows as usual. It’s really feeling more and more natural to chase that belly button with right elbow in downswing. 

5/20/18:

Day 4:

So after playing Friday and stinking it up (shot 89 for 18, then made a birdie when I played 5 more holes). I've come to a realization, I really need to work on my iron play. I get the sensation I'm dropping my right shoulder before impact again. So I did some drills today that exaggerate keeping that shoulder "up" more. To turn these 110-120 yard 9-irons back to 135-140 yard 9-iron shots and so on. 

On a nice note, I'm feeling better. I got my alignment kind of fixed. Funny enough, I just feel like my shoulders are aimed more open (my lines were all crossed up, feet open, hips closed, shoulders more or less square. It's a work in progress, but I'm getting there.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

DAY182    At last a short break in the rain.  So I was on the range for 75 minutes working through my GGGA Workbook of Motion Drills.. starting with Feet Together....   continuing to work on my backswing positions, and staying in posture throughout the swing.    And then the rains came again!! Happy to get out for a little while.

• Administrator

Day 107 - May 21, 2018 - Five minutes working on the backswing and downswing. I think I'd been getting a little too deep so I changed the vector/dimensions on the backswing elbow-folding stuff.

Still surprises the hell out of me that the feeling coming into impact is that the right palm is facing completely outward, but this is easier to do when the elbow isn't gaining too much depth prematurely. Spent 15-20 minutes on this which, if you know me, is a LONG session. It wasn't consecutive. :-)

Gonna play nine holes with @NatalieB later tonight, too, and will GG it if I do.