IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 4: Did some chipping practice, trying to focus on hitting the ball first, and not flipping my wrists. 

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 71: 3/8/2022

Went to the range today. Hit 9-iron, 6-iron and Driver. Just worked on my tempo. I'm trying not to have a swing that has 4 distinct parts. The start, the take-away, the transition, the down swing. I want one smooth swing. I'm working on blending it all together. 

I also putted in my office during a conference meeting when I wasn't needed. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 129, March 9, 2022

Hit balls for an hour before my small younger group of juniors today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 137 - Snowing out today; did Day 1 drill with a 7-iron indoors.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 5: Solid 1.5 hrs of practice - chipping and pitching, aiming at a marked distance, and then a bunch of putting drills.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

day 5: In the morning I did day 3 of the Covid Practice Plan challenge and in the evening I spent an hour on the range focusing on technique (partly from the covid challenge). I then walked 3 holes in the dusk (more wasn't possible as it got too dark) and then got back to the range and played some more 6-irons.

cheers Chris

Day 93. 3/9/2022

played 18 inside at Sim City. Began round with good recall of feelings gained through Covid-19 practice plan and lost it as round progressed. Progress was made however!!

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 63: Did some putting between phone calls. Making sure my set up is okay - want the handle more upright, elbows bent. Also, working on feeling that my stroke is more straight back and straight through than it is now.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 509: Good news on the knee. It’s most likely a small tear in the meniscus. It should calm down in a week or two. I don’t have any clicking or pain when the doctor manipulated the knee.

Today I just did putter rhythm work in the basement.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 53:

More covid-19 practice plan day-5 drills. Really struggled this evening, so might rewatch video from days 1-5, and then try again after kids are in bed.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 71: 3/9/2022

I was at the range today. Struggled a bit. I was trying to work on a nice smooth transition between the different pieces of my swing. 
Very hit or miss. Sometimes it was great, other times... not so much. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 4 - COVID  Challenge Drill Day 5 “Delivering the club head” session with hybrid

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 90 (9 Mar 22) - Worked on full swings with the 5i.  Used alignment rod as a vertical gate about 20’ out working on ball path direction. Worked on trying to be predictable with left to fade, right to draw. Of course this was with whiffle golf balls - not a lot of shot shaping happening.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

day 6 - went to the range to do day 4 of the covid practice plan, and unfortunately was unable to film it.. next to that I also practiced my irons and after about an hour went to play holes 1 to 3 until it got dark.. given it was after official playing hours and there was nobody on the course I stuck around the green of hole 3 and practiced various chips from just off a raised green (between 4 and 15 meters to the flag).. I also practiced some chip shots over the water next to the green of hole 2 and lost a ball that I had just found yesterday..

cheers Chris

Day 94. 3/10/2022

day 10/29 of Covid-19 practice plan full swing flow and advanced stick work. Hitting balls into net with different length swings for driver, 4 hybrid, 5 iron, 9 iron and 56.

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 510: Worked with the MEVO today with 8 iron and driver. Got really low launch with the driver for some reason. Trying to figure out whether I am launching low or if it’s the MEVO and the short indoor settings. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5 - as I’ll be playing in Scotland end of May, I’ve been working with a punch with my hybrid and flighting my lower irons more than I usually would. Worked on this today with hybrid x 15mins.  Just trying to create a reproducible flight. I’ve been all over the place. Initially, tugging everything left, now starting it off further right and starting to get a consistent push draw. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 138 - Putting drills today. Practiced with a metronome at 72 bpm then swinging the putter head between to other golf balls while putting through a gate 3' in front of the ball. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear