6,965 posts / 345374 viewsLast Reply

Day 280 - October 3, 2020

Played CCC yesterday (Columbus, OH), and did some putting work in the living room while pacing and talking on speakerphone and fighting for my kid's golf life with the PIAA today.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day #2

time at range with focus on 100 yard approach shot.

Day 106.  Played 18 with some friends.  Didn't play particularly well, but I drove the ball well (one of my highest driving averages in memory, plus most fairways too for whatever that's worth).  

GG round:

2980521_sFRA5rl1.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

(four pars, four double bogeys)

Day 3

Rainy out today so practiced hitting foam balls up a half-flight of stairs to simulate as short pitch to an elevated green.

Day 55

Light day, did some mirror work and drills getting to A2. Didn't feel the energy to take swings. Lazy Sunday. 

Yesterday: day off practice

Day 296

Indoor putting practice. Playing 9 tomorrow morning. 

Day 107.  Speed sticks, protocol two, outback.  The numbers seem to be coming down, making me wonder if some group of data collection was off.  Either way, recent rounds indicate longer drives (a little noticeable) and marginally longer irons (yesterday, I had the right distance for an iron to a forward pin and flew the green... that may have been an aberration though). 

Day 56

Similar practice routine but a shift in my focus. The swing feels very natural so I am moving on to focus on maintaining my angles throughout the swing. I tend to stand up a bit through impact and want to eliminate that. I'm still leaving all the controls in place (alignment stick through basket) that I used to work on eliminating OTT so it's not as if I'm stopping working on that. I'm just shifting what I think is my priority piece right now. 

Day 297

Played 9 this morning. Made it through the round with a single ball and no penalties. Ball striking was really good considering my recent shanking issues during practice. Only two sketchy full swing strikes; one with driver and one with hybrid, both were off the heel and pushed right, but both stayed in play.

Around and on the greens was a different story. Putting and short game were pretty bad. Greens were small, really fast, and severely undulated, and I just couldn’t get a sense of how to play on them until around the 6th hole. Had a couple 4 putts from inside 15 feet, and pitched onto the green and had the ball roll all the way off the other side several times.

Ended up scoring 47, but I’ll take the bad score with solid ball striking as a win.