IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 524:

Played 18 today. Felt wooden and un-athletic for most of the round. Kind of stuck with multiple feels and too many swing thoughts. Had a handful of decent shots when I executed well, but there weren’t that many. Everything came together pretty well on my approach on the 18th.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 89.  With all the excitement, I almost forgot to practice!  And I should have during the PGA Championship, too.  Anyway, I did some this evening.

In any case, same as it has been for a while, I am sounding like a broken mp3:  focusing on spine tilt away, turning around it;  hit a few (real) balls, off a mat, into a net, indoors.  6-iron. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 223: Played 15 holes today solo. Skipped three to get by some foursomes. Played pretty well. Tee shots were good on the front nine but driver got a bit squirrelly on the back. I had 8 up & downs though with three on the back nine from 100+ yards!😜

Best shot was a 209 yard 3 wood on a long par 3 to 15 feet. Did a bit of practice after holing out with some sand shots on two holes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 50 (5/24/21) - Hit a small bucket today, including partial wedge shots, punch shots and full swing drivers. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 136 (24 May 21) - chipping w/the 8i today, focusing on alignment to get the ball land in line.  Most shots were in the 20 - 25yd range (total distance).   Used the alignment rod to get everything parallel.  Maybe some real time on the course tomorrow.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 513 - May 24, 2021

Went to the range with @NatalieB. Did my Stack System training (first day), then hit some 7I, a single driver (too far), and a few hybrids. The swing has to feel pretty short. 🙂 Arms don't do anything.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1.

Was going to go to the range but worked until 7 which is when the range closes so did 5 minutes of mirror work.

• Like 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 90.  Twice already (third time coming up) today, I snuck off to spend ten minutes practice swinging then real swinging (at real balls), indoors, off a mat, into a net.  Slow swings, focused on spine angle and turning around it.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2 

Doubt I'll get out of work at a reasonable hour today so did 5 minutes before headed to work.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 224: Did some pitches and chips in the yard for about 15 minutes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 51 (5/25/21) - Played 18 today, shooting a 95. OK score and a definite improvement from a few weeks ago when I couldn't break 100. However, I wasted 13 strokes, making a particular mess out of the back 9. If anyone has a good drill to train me out of standing up to early in the downswing, I'm all ears.....please PM me.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 514 - May 25, 2021

Played nine holes. Shot 32, starting with four straight birdies.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/3052435

It was a good day:

32.jpg

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yesterday (forgot to post, capturing for my practice accountability):

Did some work on takeaway/backswing with LVP camera digital mirror. Also did some slow "swing mapping" style downswings working on clubface position at delivery point.

Day 525 (today):

Same as yesterday, but for downswing/clubface work, I took LVP camera outside and hit some foam balls with slow swings.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 91.  After work today, I went to putt.  Warmed up a bit then did 4' drill (12 coins, make all 12, minimize how many putts to do so).  It took me 25 the first time and then 18 the second.  18 isn't a great score for that drill, but it's a lot better than 25.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 137 (26 May 21) - Today's drill - widening stance w/slightly flared feet to get help make room for the body to rotate as it needs through the downswing.  Used 8i w/hard foam golf balls (getting about 50-60 yds of solid flight).  Had to quit early as left foot is still tender and does not like me loading it up - still got in a good 30 mins of work.  (NOTE:  Missed posting yesterday as we got rained out on the 9hole superball round, did however get some putting work in at the house - I know it don't count unless you post the day you do it).   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 225: Played 18 solo again. Maybe I’m using the wrong deodorant? Played well with 3 birdies on the front and one missed birdie on the back. Got windy on the back.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ScottCurry/round/3052725

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 52 (5/26/21) - 5-minutes of slow motion half swings concentrating on low point, weight forward and arm extension.

5/26/21: Day 1

Well at one point I did this everyday for a 13 1/2 months. 

I have a high enough ceiling to practice my full swing so I hit some foam balls, with a 54°, 8i, 6i, and 4i working on a wider arc, whilst having my arms extended at address, and standing taller as well. (I’m hitting the shit out of the ball)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”