• Administrator

Day 52 - March 26, 2018 - Putted down the hotel hallway for 15 minutes. Until the third dirty look (we weren't doing anything wrong… and the dirty look came from a mom whose kids were running up and down the hallway in dripping wet bathing suits while screaming their heads off).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Well I'm at 276 consecutive days. 1/1/18: I did my path drill indoors today. For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves 2 to 4 water or soda bottles a club and a foam ball. I

Posted Images

3/27/18:

Day 361:

Did my P4 to P5 drill again today for about 10 minutes. I'm probably going to incorporate this into my pre-shot routine somewhere because it definitely seems to have me in the right position at P5.

Four days till 1 consecutive year.

3 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

3/27/18:

Day 361:

Did my P4 to P5 drill again today for about 10 minutes. I'm probably going to incorporate this into my pre-shot routine somewhere because it definitely seems to have me in the right position at P5.

Four days till 1 consecutive year.

4 days! Don't mess it up! :-P Your are an inspirations, especially due to where you live.

Day 2 - Mirror work and yoga. Hope to hit balls later if the weather cooperates.

Day 86, I think. 

Today was some unique putting practice.............With the Grand Daughters..........at a local miniture golf place.

Focus was on family fun. 

I owned the Windmill Hole. :-D

• Thanks 1

Very little motivation today. 

Accomplished some core exercises this morning for the backswing/downswing motion

but that’s about it

DAY 127    Practiced for a little over an hour on the range at TPC Prestancia working on downswing sequence and staying in posture.   Then played 18 holes on their Stadium Course.   The winds ranged from 17-24 mph throughout the whole round... and got to me.  Shot 82 with 11 GIR and when not on the green usually in a sand trap!!

3/28/18:

Day 362:

I did a couple different things.

1) I continued my A4 to A5 drill, getting the feeling that my right elbow is tucked against my body. Continuing this feeling, completely eliminates over-the-top, no more slicing for me, ever.

2) Alina and I putted like we were playing "The Masters". We watched the 1986 Masters. She does Verne Lundquist's call on Jack's birdie on 17, so well. Times it so perfect. At any rate, we putted in the 3-15 foot range. I was working on bead and speed and Alina was just putting. But she makes so many 3-6 footers, I need to borrow her for 4-person scrambles.

Three days @boogielicious, No plans to fall off the wagon before Saturday or any time soon for that matter. It is hard to find ways to practice in the winter here in Upstate New York. But there are drills, motions, and swings you can work on all winter long.

Edited by onthehunt526

Day 87. Good weather, finally. In the 80s next week. 

Spent time on the range working with my 100, and 150 yards clubs. This idea came from a caddy I recently had on some previous rounds. I already know what clubs to use for those distances when using my normal game balls. 

Focus was on good ball contact, and hitting my landing areas. Also using a nice easy swing. 

On another note, since I was using range balls, I had no faith in distances. $5 buys 80+/- balls. I warm up with the more ratty looking balls, saving the better looking, less used balls for actual practice. The distances are not there, but better, truer ball flights are easier to obtain with the better looking balls. 

I just use an intermediate target to fly the ball over, or at least close. Today I used the 50 yard flag for that target. Also I used two other flags farther down range to define two sides of s fairway. As long as the ball landed in between those two flags I was a happy camper. 

DAY 128    Spent 30 minutes on the putting green working on set-up and making 3 foot putts.   Then 30 minutes on the range before playing a round of golf at Stone Creek Golf Club in Ocala, FL.   Hit 12 GIR and shot 76.  Hit my longest drive ever recorded on my GameGolf app with a 277 drive on 5th hole.  YEAH!!

Worked on swing tempo and hip turn for about a half hour today

used my zepp device as an aide in checking progress

heres my averages for the session

1B9549A6-B13E-4B0C-A2E8-1666DFD59257.png

Hey All, I’m still doing the Swing practice daily and practicing at the range with a weekly game, but I’ll probably not be posting so much here for a while.

198 pounds!

3/29/18:

Day 363:

I wonder if there is a prop bet on whether I make it to Saturday or not.

Continued my work with the A4 to A5 drill and actually was able to hit about six 6-iron shots after work for 5 minutes or so on this drill. Nothing but 2-yard draws going 175 yards, with a three-quarter swing. I guess this stuff Craig's been teaching me works... 

Maybe when the weather is a little more consistently warm. I'll either have Becky or Alina film my swing... (You'd be surprised how good Alina is at doing video and photos and she's only 4, she has an eye for that kind of stuff).

Two days... Will the guy from Upstate New York get to one year... Find out tomorrow and Saturday.

Edited by onthehunt526
grammar

• iacas changed the title to "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge