IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 3: Absolutely glorious weather today - seemed a shame not to make the most of it, so I played a "practice round" (actually 16 holes in the end).  As an experiment, instead of my current Nike VR Pro Combos, I used my orginal MacGreggor V-Foil M545 Forged Irons.  Well, what a difference.  I'd gone off my Cobra's - I just didn't like how they felt, and I didn't feel like I got much feedback - not quite right shots I could get away with, but they didn't really feel that good.  And, in fact, very sweet shots also didn't feel that good either.  My Nike clubs give a lot of feedback - I know and can feel if I middled it, or more or less where it went.  Good shots feel *great*, mediocre shots feel mediocre, and bad shots feel bad.  However, the MacGreggors were *much* more forgiving.  I hit a lot of very good shots, and duffed fewer, and generally felt more confident over the ball.  My short game wasn't great and putting was poor (although the greens had been treated this morning, so they were very difficult), but overall my iron play was as good as I could remember.

Really must practice solidly tomorrow - my target ratio of practice to play is 2:1, and I've played three times in three days, and only practiced for about 30 mins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 135 - Practiced setup and ball position with the putter and short pitches in the yard. For the pitching practice, I focused on keeping my arms loose and pivoting to the finish....basically Day 7 w/o the two ball drill.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 127, March 7, 2022

Hit 10 or 15 balls after a long morning lesson.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 51:

Did Covid-19 day-5 drill while using LVP camera for playback. I think this is going to be 100% of my practice for awhile, because it helps address all the things I am focusing on currently:

• flipping the clubhead at the ball.
  • hands rolling over quickly in the early follow-through.
  • your chest and hips remaining too square to the ball through impact.
  • loss of speed and power by the core/hips stalling out.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 4: 4-6’ putts for bead x 10mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 88 (07 Mar 22) - Bump and run drill and pitch work today.  Used the 5i to do the bump and runs (most of the time I use the 7i), so I was seeing the ball really roll out.  Pitches were with the 52 and 58 - distances up to 25yds.  Love doing drills like this to work on "greenside" skill sets.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 70: 3/7/2022

Mirror work today. Did my footwork thing and my turn thing. Didn't hit balls as I'm still letting my elbow rest just a bit. 

Did do putting. Day 15 of the Covid 19 challenge. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 61: Mirror work again today. Working on a feel for my priority piece still. Think I’ve got something, but still needs some work. Also checked set up a few times. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 3.  After a long day at work, I was able to find ten minutes to hit a few balls (6-iron, off a mat, into a net, real balls).  As with yesterday, the goal was slow swings to get back into deliberate practice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

day 4: in the morning I did day 2 of the covid practice plan and in the evening I went to the range for 45 minutes (then they turned the lights off).. practiced the driver as well as 8- and 6-iron. I focused on not pushing the left shoulder downwards in the backswing, but keeping it with the tilt of the spine and some of the balls I hit better than ever before.. especially with the irons.. 

I have an appointment with a club-fitter for Friday, as my pro and I noticed on the gcquad that my clubface is toe-down on impact.. The pro suggested to check my clubs at a fitter and possibly adjust the lie-angle, but maybe that was due to coming in a bit too steep because of pushing my left shoulder downwards in the back-swing. Anyways I will see what the fitter says and if my clubs should be adjusted (or maybe I order a new set.,.).

cheers Chris

Day 136 - Did Pitching drill from Day 7:  backswing, fall, and pivot without a ball. Then Day 15 swinging the putter head between to more golf balls while putting through a gate positioned 3' in front. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 508: worked inside doing putter rhythm drills and chipping.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 89 (08 Mar 22) - Played 18 today.  My son and I used it as a practice round as we were comfortably behind the group ahead and comfortably ahead of the group behind.  Worked on the iron part of the game, i.e. stayed exclusive for the most part with irons after the tee shots.  This has helped strengthen the overall iron play.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 128, March 8, 2022

Good 15-20 minutes working on my stuff. Did a few more "full swing motion" type swings without pausing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 52:

Covid practice plan day-5 drill. Did it for about an hour.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 62: Did a super speed session. Worked on some feels for my priority piece in the warm up. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4.  Earlier tonight, while dinner was getting ready, I was able to find some time to do a few 8-iron and 6-iron swings (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.