IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 68: Mirror work today. Working on my feel for getting my hips moving just a bit forward in the downswing. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9.  Wind-down this evening was the usual indoor practice, slow swings with a 6-iron.  I hit a few at speed at the end, but did a serious practice before doing so.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 58:

Hit punchy shots working on stabilizing right hand flippiness. Hit 12 balls only taking club to A2, and 12 balls taking club to A3. Focus was to feel the face staying open while turning through the ball (no stalling) similar to Covid-19 day 5 drill and some early Planemate protocols. I was pretty successful at this, at least with regard to crisp centerface contact, and I didn’t feel like I was flipping like I’ve been struggling with in full swing. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 11: Ladder putting drill - 6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20 from various places on the practice green.  Then punch shots with the plane station - swing hard, stop fast.  First 20 balls to warm up, and then 20 "scored".  I'll come up with a more sophisticated scoring mechanism, but this time I was just counting how many were solid strikes, and how many were duff shots.  I think 15/20 were solid strikes.  A couple off the heel, two thin, and one fat.  Of the 15 solid strikes, I would say only 2 didn't have a nice draw bias.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 515: Worked on my priority pieces and sent video into Evolvr.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 10 - using Blast, worked on Bead and speed at 4’, 15’, and 25’ in office.  

I am playing at RNK this weekend where I played with some of the TST guys a couple of years ago…hoping to have a better showing on the greens. Hard do worse…I had 4 three-putts and a one four-putt, shooting a 90.  Hoping to hit 83ish  since it slopes 142 from the White’s. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 143 - Same chipping and pitching drills as yesterday with my 58*.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

day 11: warmed up at first and then had a lesson with my pro.. used the blades (as he just regripped my regular clubs and they weren't dry yet), and we focused on the turn during the backswing (turning more with my shoulder, but not downwards), as well as getting clubhead speed up.. today I was in between 91 and 93 mph with the 6-iron (lofted as my 7 from my regular set).. I still sometimes get the AoA up, but despite the blades being quite difficult, I believe I did quite well.. should make it much easier when I can use my regular clubs again tomorrow..  then spent some time putting before leaving (overall session about an hour and 45 minutes)

cheers Chris

11 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Day 78: 
I'm heading out to my GEARS session now.

YAY Happy Mood GIF by HBO Max

Day 78: 3/15/2023.

Good GEARS session for me. I feel like I'm actually learning some stuff. ... I haven't proven I can learn yet, but I think I've proven I can do...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 11 continued!  I had an hour to kill while waiting for one of my children, and there was a range 10 mins away, so I squeezed in 30 mins.  The contrast was funny.  I took three wedges and three alignment sticks.  I picked targets 50 and 60 feet away, and hit half or three quarter swings to dial in distance.  Slowly and deliberately.  Next door two lads were hammering hell out of range balls, hitting the ball 300 yards once every 10 balls, and missing, topping, slicing, skying the rest.  I must have looked very funny in comparison!  Generally very happy with the session though - according to the range trackman I was consistently carrying 50 and 60 +/- 10% and direction and ball flight looked good to me.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 69 (nice): Went to the range at lunch and worked on my priority piece. Filmed a few times to see how my feels were working. I think I'm making a bit of progress.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 59:

Same as yesterday, but hit 12 balls taking club to A2, and then 24 balls taking club to A3, as I move into more of a full swing motion. Contact was good today.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 96 (15 Mar 22) - life on the backyard range today.  Full swings with the 5i and 8i w/the hard foam balls.  Ball flight was consistent today, no wild slices or hooks.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 135, March 15, 2022

Got work in while Cedric was putting/chipping and doing some work on his swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10.  Got home from work, put dinner in the oven, and then spent ten minutes hitting 8-irons slowly (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Day 135, March 15, 2022

Got work in while Cedric was putting/chipping and doing some work on his swing.

I'm surprised you were able to do anything. I would have thought you were mentally exhausted after working with your 9AM student.

Day79: 3/16/2022

Yesterday's GEARS session led to some new things to work on. I was excited to start work on them so I jumped right in this morning. 

Spent 20 minutes in the garage driving range this morning. Working on my new priority pieces. I'll just call them "the hip scoop", "the hand path take-away", and the "rib-knee connection". I won't describe them in detail as unless you have my issues. (and who does, really?) they probably will cause you as much harm as good. I know what they are, and I worked on them.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.