IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 11 - using Blast, worked on Bead and speed at 6’, 15’, and 25’ in office x 15 mins this morning. Will continue throughout the day but wanted to post while thinking about it

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 12: half and full swings with tricky 6I using plane station.  Today didn't feel good.  Did hit some good shots, and experimented with tempo of swing, but a lot of mishits and generally didn't feel right.  Many variables - was in an unfamilar range, it was cold and wet, I forgot to put on my normal shoes.  Also it's a process - can't expect good sessions every time - what matters is that we show up and do our best.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 70: Putted for a while on some conference calls. Working on set up - handle a little higher, elbows bent. Also looking for my stroke to be slightly more straight back and through. Feels pretty good right now.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 143 - Practiced Driver swings in the yard today: started with partial swings and checking positions, then hit whiffle balls off a tee and finally hit some Almostgolf balls off the tee. Quit after I hooked an Almostgolf ball over my neighbor's house :-O.

First round of the year will be Friday. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 97 (16 Mar 22) - pitch work in the backyard today.  Used the lob wedge to work on “pin” accuracy on the around the green shots (less than 25yds).  Used that goal as the driver to work on coming thru, engaging the bounce.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 100. 3/16/2022

played 18 holes inside. The driver practice has been paying off especially the aoa drills. No worm burners off the tee.

• Like 1

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 516: Worked with the MEVO Plus today to get some shot zones down. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

day 12: tested the new midsize grips on the range and they felt good.. also focused on what I learned yesterday in regards to how much I turn.. after about 30 to 40 minutes I decided to try to put this into practice and started holes 1 and 2 before it started getting too dark (and raining).. both holes were GIR and I missed the birdie put in both cases, but am still content with the result..

cheers Chris

• Administrator

Day 136, March 16, 2022

Got some swings in between lessons. Picked up the speed a bit today. Changing around the backswing sequencing ever so slightly. Probably doesn't show up on video, but feels a bit different. Building the structure, carrying it to the top.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 60:

Same as previous days, but tried to work in some full swings too. On the full swings I didn't feel like I was slowing down enough to ingrain what I am working on (maybe I need to dedicate some time practicing slowness), so went back to stopping at A3. I feel like I am making some progress finally, at least on 1/2 and 3/4 punchy swings, but at least that is a start.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 11;  similar to yesterday, I got home, put dinner in the oven, and then went to practice hitting (this time, an 8-iron) indoors, off a mat, into a net, slow swings.   

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 13: Practiced chips from various locations around the green, and bunker shots.  Then played 18 holes.  Very mixed bag... but short game was the best, and I felt confident in my chipping, so I feel like that's an improvement.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 12 - Hit at the range today for about an hour focusing on flighting down my hybrid and five woods with specific attention to my grip and keeping a straighter right elbow during the backswing

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

day 13: spent a bit over an hour on the range, focusing on ball placement and stance, as well as my rotation..

then i went play the par 3 course and decided to do holes 1 to 3 on the normal course as well, as it was such good weather..

cheers Chris

Day 101. 3/17/2022

Orange whip routine and day 29 of Covid-19 practice plan advanced stick work and driver practice aoa hitting balls into net.

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 517: Top ‘o the mornin’ to ya and the rest of the day for me self! 🍀 Range work today. Similar to the other day where I focused on hitting push fades to targets. I did a drill where I closed the face and still tried to fade it. I rehearsed my feels before each shot. Also did partial wedge shots and short game.

Ran into a familiar face at the range. We chatted then at the end played a little game trying to get closest to the pin on the practice wedge green with 40-50 yard shots then 20 yard. That was a fun way to cool down.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 144 - Practiced some chipping (outside) and putting (inside) today. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 80: 3/17/2022

Working hard on all my new priority pieces. I already put in some range time first thing this morning. I plan to do it again tonight. Perhaps grab some video to send to Yoda to make sure I'm doing my drills properly. 

I also putted a bit on lunch. No gates, no mirror, just plain old putting. Wanted to see if I felt like I could trust myself without all the training aids. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.