IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 15: An abortive attempt to play 9 holes, and some practice with my daughter, working on finishing position.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 14 - played like absolutely garbage today. I played with my buddy who I have a mental block when playing.  I hate the way I play with him. I need a hypnotherapist 🙄

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 63:

Rain on and off today, was hoping to get outdoor practice in, but instead did setup and backswing practice indoors with LVP camera digital mirror. Rain is light and intermittent, so hoping I can get some ball work in this evening.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 139, March 19, 2022

Got some work in before juniors today (not until 9:30 start time!).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 146 - About 10-minutes of putting practice today. I putted OK yesterday, but clearly need more work on a real green as lag putts were spotty, as was read.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 82: 3/19/2022

So, I had seven yards of dirt delivered to my driveway and I hauled that all over my yard levelling a bunch of low spots. I did that one wheelbarrow at a time only using a shovel and a garden rake. Therefore, I felt pretty spent. 
I ended up heading down to the basement and just doing mirror work on my priority pieces. I really didn't want to miss a day, plus I really do want to work in my priority pieces as I think I'm getting somewhere. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 14.  I know what you're expecting me to say, but no, I did something different today.  On my way to run errands late this morning, I stopped at a nearby course and used their putting green for 15 minutes.  It was too busy to do any particular drill, but I did hit some 3', 6', and 12' putts.  With 3' and 6', I was looking to make with the usual;  for 12', of course I prefer to make, but my aim was to give them a chance to go in -- not "run it 6' past" chance (which isn't really a chance, as we know), but rather my goal was to either make it (didn't, at least not today) or to hit it so I'd have a short and very high probability putt coming back.  That is, not short.  There's a drill from ESC I used to use a lot to this effect. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

didn't get to post this yesterday:

Saturday (day 15): warmed up for about 15 minutes in very strong wind, trying to hit targets, then went to the putting green and also added some chip shots from short distance prior to playing a round for a 9-hole matchplay competition that lasts a few months.. I won yesterdays round 1 up at the 9th hole in a very exciting match while having been 1 down after hole 7, winning holes 8 and 9..

today (day 16) I will be heading to the course in about an hour to play a round with some friends. On the range I first focus on the recent swing changes so I won't have to actively think about them during the round. Also after the round I will be going back to the range to practice them for another half hour, to ensure to fully get these changes into my system so I won't fall back to the old habits.

cheers Chris

Day 64:

Played 18 on a beautiful, cold but sunny morning. Scoring sucked again, but I believe that I made some progress with my priority piece on the course, mainly by discovering my right hand grip had really regressed into a terrible hold on the club. Once I fixed the right hand grip, I started making nice contact with the ball, but struggled to control the clubface. Once I got my clubface control within a decent tolerance, the I started getting some better results. Didn't get many GIR, but had enough nGIR that I had a decent amount of par chances, but only a few fell in today.

Hit 12 balls as soon as I got home with a 7-iron, and the good contact continued.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 147 - Took a break from Spring cleanup in the yard to practice chipping and pitching with my 58* wedge. Chipping practice over the winter paid off as I chipped pretty well on Friday. My intent when hitting a "chip" shot is to try to expose the bounce some in order to de-risk the shot. For pitches the bounce hits the ground first. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 520: Did a MEVO session with driver. It is apparent that I need to work on center face contact. Low on the face equals low launch.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 15 - hit into net with 7i focusing on taking clubhead back and up. My contact yesterday & today was crap. I’ll need to revisit steady head and low point control.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 16: Chipping ladder drill, and putting ladder drill.  Chipping was pretty good - did better than last time.  Putting was poor - I'm missing a lot.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 101 (20 Mar 22) -  played 9 today with grandson and former co-worker.  As I was all over the place, it was a great time to work on tough shots from bad positions - from ditch banks to sand traps.  Made for some good moments of concentration. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 83: 3/21/2022

Today was all about putting and chipping. I'm heading out on a bit of a golf holiday here shortly so I thought I'd better actually hit some balls on grass. I found a range with an open chipping and putting area. Chipped to several targets, then did the 3 foot putting circle and the 6 foot putting circle drills. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
17 hours ago, cdh79 said:

didn't get to post this yesterday:

You don't get to back-date posts. Them's the rules!

Day 140, March 20, 2022

Got work done after juniors and lessons were done for the day and after we put more window frosting static cling stuff up on the GEARS area windows.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 15.  I played 18 today.  Bogeyed every par 3.  Bogeyed all but two par-4s;  threw in a double and a par.  Played the par-5s with a par, birdie (I aimed well away from the pin on approach and ended up 3' from it somehow), and two bogeys.  That's 14 bogeys, let that be a warning for anyone who wants "consistency."  I want the inconsistency back that led to my making pars!  Sadly, that birdie was on a hole 8, which I already have for this year's challenge (I assume we're doing that, I should look).

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/3137926

At least SG tells me what I need to work on, although 20th century statistics could have told me that too.  0.43 shots lost approach is one of my best rounds ever.   It was very windy today, which played in my favor sometimes and not in others.  I was one yard short of reaching a fairly lengthy par-5 in two (played third shot, with a putter, from the collar;  made a par), which was cool.  So close to being only my second ever par-5 in two (and the only one I was putting after 2 was in 2008 or 2009, and a week later I went back to that course and found the tees had moved up and it was now a par-4). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.