Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Puzzle Solving Thread

152 posts / 12568 viewsLast Reply

Here's a fun little thing we can do.

1. Go to this URL: https://www.jigidi.com/solve.php?id=ZUTO8AE2.
  2. Solve the puzzle.
  3. Post your completion time back here in this topic.

Let's see how well everyone can do!

Update: We'll do a new puzzle every week or so, and the person with the fastest time can submit the next image to me. See post #15 below for more details.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t normally do jigsaw puzzles, but this one was kind of fun.

It really helps that the pieces are oriented properly. Once I got the sides it was pretty easy.

I think I took about 12 minutes, since I was interrupted a couple times I don’t know exactly.

Edited by Lihu

4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I think I took about 12 minutes, since I was interrupted a couple times I don’t know exactly.

It tells you the time it took at the end of the puzzle. Right on the screen there.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

It tells you the time it took at the end of the puzzle. Right on the screen there.

I posted that, but I also had to do some stuff in the middle of the puzzle. Not sure how long I actually worked on it.

Edited by Lihu

15:48. It all get easier when i maximized the image after 5 minutes and i can spread more the pieces.

BTW you can zoom, too. I think it's done via scrolling. On a Mac trackpad, it's two fingers up or down. If you zoom out you have more room to spread the pieces around.

7:21 is pretty good @Ty_Webb!

1 minute ago, iacas said:

BTW you can zoom, too. I think it's done via scrolling. On a Mac trackpad, it's two fingers up or down. If you zoom out you have more room to spread the pieces around.

7:21 is pretty good @Ty_Webb!

:) I've done a few of these on another site. I figured out that if you zoom out, you can move everything that's not a straight edge off to the relevant side and then go to work on the straight edge pieces. Then the rest is just a matter of doing it.

10:07 I had the same problem that the puzzle was much smaller, but in the dimension of top to bottom.  Those I got down quick, but it felt like a couple minutes of searching for more side pieces before I realized I needed to bring the top and bottom together with their side pieces attached.  It was still fun though.

8 minutes ago, Eric C said:

Agree that it was fun. I vote for a daily puzzle challenge ...

Won't be quite daily, but let's shoot for weekly.

Also, the member who has the fastest time can have the honor of submitting the next picture (to me) for the next puzzle. Right now @Ty_Webb leads at 7:21.