IGNORED

2018 Tiger Debut - San Diego Open (Farmer's Insurance)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger's 2018 Debut  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Tiger finish in his 2018 debut?

• WD in first two rounds
    • MCs
    • Makes cut, WD in last two rounds
    • Makes cut, finishes 50th+
    • Finishes middle third (25th to 50th, roughly)
    • Top 20
    • Top 10
    • Top 5
    • Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/26/2018 at 06:16 PM

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Talk about not being a "golf fan"

Right. I spend 80 hours a week on golf. I make time to watch the GOAT and the majors.

Definitely not a fan. :-P

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can see it may be one thing if it was Woods in his prime and screens were saturated with him and it seemed he was winning every other tournament but here we have an over 40 athlete in a youth obsessed culture who went through a revolving door to the sports surgeon and basically blew up his life and went through a Jobian ordeal to get back to this point. You bet I'm watching to see whether the guy with the fused back and all that water under the bridge can muster that whatever he had that no one did one more time. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

I make time to watch the GOAT and the majors.

Sorry, but Jack Nicklaus is not playing anymore. 

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Sorry, but Jack Nicklaus is not playing anymore. 

Jack ain't the GOAT, man.

Sorry.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Jack is the GOAT, has been for a long time. Tiger is giving him a good run for his money but still has more to do to knock Jack off his throne.

Don't you shank no more 

1 minute ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Jack is the GOAT, has been for a long time. Tiger is giving him a good run for his money but still has more to do to knock Jack off his throne.

6XEa39z.gif

Colin P.

And...  boom.  @MrGolfguy67 seems to be just as enthralled and invested in tiger’s comeback as anyone else.  

By the way, all those posts you made about Justin Rose last week were absolutely riveting. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

Jack ain't the GOAT, man.

Sorry.

When John Feinstein, who has written just a few books about golf, was on CBS radio I heard him compare Jack and Tiger, He saw them both play at their peak, and in his mind there was no question that the greatest player the game has ever seen is Tiger Woods!

To be fair it is hard to compare different eras. Tiger had the advantage of golf technology that Jack did not. And Jack may have played one of the worst golf balls ever made, the MacGregor Tourney! Other pros told him to switch, but he had an endorsement deal with MacGregor and felt obligated.

I still like to think about what Jack, in his prime, could have done with modern clubs, balls, launch monitors, video equipment, etc. But that's just the stuff of daydreams.

Steve

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Tiger is the GOAT.

If we just get to declare things like that, there, do I win now? :-P

@MrGolfguy67, we have a whole other topic for this. You'd be in the small minority in the poll. Tiger is the GOAT.

3 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

When John Feinstein, who has written just a few books about golf, was on CBS radio I heard him compare Jack and Tiger, He saw them both play at their peak, and in his mind there was no question that the greatest player the game has ever seen is Tiger Woods!

Not surprised. Even for a guy who dislikes TW he has to admit what's obvious to most.

3 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

To be fair it is hard to compare different eras. Tiger had the advantage of golf technology that Jack did not.

The technology hurt TW's record. It helped Tiger's competition more than it helped Tiger.

29 minutes ago, lastings said:

By the way, all those posts you made about Justin Rose last week were absolutely riveting. 

Was last weeks tourney on CBS? or NBC or ABC, ESPN, Fox Sports?  I missed it if it was. If it was on Golf Channel then I'm SOL, not on my cable package.

Don't you shank no more 

27 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Was last weeks tourney on CBS? or NBC or ABC, ESPN, Fox Sports?  I missed it if it was. If it was on Golf Channel then I'm SOL, not on my cable package.

They had online streaming at NBCSports.com 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

42 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tiger is the GOAT.

If we just get to declare things like that, there, do I win now? :-P

@MrGolfguy67, we have a whole other topic for this. You'd be in the small minority in the poll. Tiger is the GOAT.

Not surprised. Even for a guy who dislikes TW he has to admit what's obvious to most.

The technology hurt TW's record. It helped Tiger's competition more than it helped Tiger.

Interesting! When Tiger was in his ascendancy there were other Tour pros who told him to ditch the Nike equipment! They told him it was holding him back!

8 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

They had online streaming at NBCSports.com 

I can't watch on that either. Gives me a message that since GC is not on my subscription package I'm not allowed to stream it. Like I said, SOL.

Don't you shank no more 

Tiger has to be happy with his tournament. He has hit the ball well below his expectations but his short game seems to be back to good. I'd call this tournament a success for him.

Trollin' is the life

12 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

I can't watch on that either. Gives me a message that since GC is not on my subscription package I'm not allowed to stream it. Like I said, SOL.

You have to settle on network coverage like I do, I only have an over the air free - antenna.  I have to settle for about only 200 hours or so of tv coverage per year.  Oh the humanity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know the percentages on fir and gir for Tiger, but they are bad. Still he is at -3 for the tournament. I think this tells a lot about his shortgame.

Imagine his score if he would be hitting fairways. I think this tournament is a big succes for him. Could still end up top 20.

Note: This thread is 2279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!