IGNORED

2018 Honda Classic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger Woods will __________ the cut at the 2018 Honda Classic? (Fill in the Blank)

• make
    • miss

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I keep seeing things on social media about how Adam Scott changed his swing. It doesn’t look dramatically different if he did. Anyone else hearing this?

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

57 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

I keep seeing things on social media about how Adam Scott changed his swing. It doesn’t look dramatically different if he did. Anyone else hearing this?

He spent some time with George Gankas at Riviera.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just now, mvmac said:

He spent some time with George Gankas at Riviera.

interesting. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that his brother-in-law was his swing coach. He had a pretty good swing already, but you can always improve, I guess. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

14 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

interesting. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that his brother-in-law was his swing coach. He had a pretty good swing already, but you can always improve, I guess. 

Yes it is/was his brother-in-law. Biggest change they made that is noticeable to the eye was getting his eyes/chin down at address.

Basically every 5 years he works towards making his golf posture better so five years from now he'll look like this ;-)

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 8.18.19 PM.png

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

IMG_5551.jpeg

Yeah, so, his driving wasn't too bad today if he gained nearly 0.6 strokes.

Short game, btw, gained him 0.34, despite leaving himself in the rough after the one bunker shot, and putting gained him 0.42 despite missing that bogey putt on the par five and not holing many putts outside of 5'.

2 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Yes it is/was his brother-in-law. Biggest change they made that is noticeable to the eye was getting his eyes/chin down at address.

Basically every 5 years he works towards making his golf posture better so five years from now he'll look like this ;-)

You forgot the hat, Mike.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, mvmac said:

loooooooooool 

Also: I did not realize George Gankas was gggolfswingtips on instagram. Dude loves his alignment sticks.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

9 hours ago, iacas said:

IMG_5551.jpeg

Yeah, so, his driving wasn't too bad today if he gained nearly 0.6 strokes.

Short game, btw, gained him 0.34, despite leaving himself in the rough after the one bunker shot, and putting gained him 0.42 despite missing that bogey putt on the par five and not holing many putts outside of 5'.

You forgot the hat, Mike.

I also saw on twitter that he was T6 in proximity to the hole. Can't find the source right now. But I thought that was really encouraging, too.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Tiger tees off at 12:35PM. I like the @TigerTracker feed, but tempted to sign up for a year of PGA Tour streaming. I bet they're loving the fact that Tiger's back.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Tiger tees off at 12:35PM. I like the @TigerTracker feed, but tempted to sign up for a year of PGA Tour streaming. I bet they're loving the fact that Tiger's back.

I did. Watched it all morning yesterday.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Oh, he is playing this week too? I didn't know because his lone fan hasn't posted about how it would be the biggest story in the game or something… ;-)

:dance:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

:dance:

I forgot to add #NotAGolfFan to my last post. :-P

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

I did. Watched it all morning yesterday.

I was wondering how you were so accurately describing his shots yesterday....

I just saw on Sportscenter that much of the greens are painted sand?? WTF??

Colin P.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I just saw on Sportscenter that much of the greens are painted sand?? WTF??

I don’t think so.

PGA Tour Live is worth every penny. I love it.

Also: wow the featured group this morning is bad. Rory, Reed, and Harrington have been borderline unwatchable! 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t think so.

It was Michael Collins quoting Wesley Bryant and other players, said many of them were unhappy, and that puffs of sand can be seen when the ball hits the green.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!