Jump to content
CCC

I have a Swing Evaluation at GOLFTEC.

21 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I'm going in for a Swing Evaluation at GOLFTEC on Monday.

My golf swing is a mess right now. I'm hoping GOLFTEC and their video instruction program will help me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Nothing worse than seeing your lousy swing in a monitor, with all of the lines drawn. Especially, when it's side by side with Tony Finau.

I knew it was going to be bad, because playing golf has not been such a fun endeavor, lately. Just too many duffed shots, and mishits. Parts of my game are still fun to do - driving, putting, short game.

Iron shots are just killing my score. It's no fun. The basic backswing and downswing fundamentals are what I need to relearn.

Nothing like seeing yourself swing. Among other things, I'm casting like crazy. Feel is not real. I know we've all heard that before. And seeing is believing.

I've singed up for a lesson plan. And I'm going to get fitted for some new irons. My 16 year old irons are just worn out. My instructor brought in a new 7 iron, Taylor Made I think. I got 10 extra yards -immediately, instantly. Yes, there is something to be said for the new game improvement technology.

I want to play better. My sights are set on 83 - this year. Wish me luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm glad to hear that lessons are on the horizon.   I think everyone will agree that seeing your swing on video is an eye opener.   Good luck with your lessons and keep us informed about your new iron selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do keep us informed. My friend really needs some kind of evaluation/help, but I can't convince him that 1) he needs it, and 2) it will be worth the money. Besides the 85 year old gentleman that I played with last year, who shot an 85 by the way, who doesn't want to improve their game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video is great, you're going to learn SO MUCH.  Don't let the challenge get you down.  The learning should be fun for you.  not a chore

Keep the feedback coming, hopefully you get good training and not McLessons.  I heard mixed feedback about GolfTEC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll be interested in hearing further from you as to the solution and/or drill(s) your Golftec instructor gives you for your casting issue. Over the winter I had three Golftec lessons specifically for just that. I won't say now what the drills were, but suffice it to say I was forewarned that there would be no quick fix which has turned out to be true. I'm curious if the drills you get are similar to the ones I was given, or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2018 at 11:14 PM, CCC said:

Nothing worse than seeing your lousy swing in a monitor, with all of the lines drawn. Especially, when it's side by side with Tony Finau.

I knew it was going to be bad, because playing golf has not been such a fun endeavor, lately. Just too many duffed shots, and mishits. Parts of my game are still fun to do - driving, putting, short game.

Iron shots are just killing my score. It's no fun. The basic backswing and downswing fundamentals are what I need to relearn.

Nothing like seeing yourself swing. Among other things, I'm casting like crazy. Feel is not real. I know we've all heard that before. And seeing is believing.

I've singed up for a lesson plan. And I'm going to get fitted for some new irons. My 16 year old irons are just worn out. My instructor brought in a new 7 iron, Taylor Made I think. I got 10 extra yards -immediately, instantly. Yes, there is something to be said for the new game improvement technology.

I want to play better. My sights are set on 83 - this year. Wish me luck.

Just keep at it and try not to let the frustration beat you down. You'll get better. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for your reassuring comments.

I've never been one to like hitting balls on the practice range. Usually, I just get bored and frustrated. And sometimes I hit too many balls, which leads to a lot of pain. Wrist, elbow, hamstring.....

Paying for these lessons REALLY gives me motivation to go out to the practice range and move some dirt.

I'm a musician. I know that if you don't practice in between lessons you're not going to accomplish much.

I'm taking these lessons to keep me in the game - that I love so much.

At one point during the end of my evaluation, my instructor said "It's easy, right"? I said "No, it's not". He was joking. I wasn't.

Edited by CCC
your vs you're

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Won't matter... get the lessons and tips and your game will go down the toilet... at least for awhile. It takes time to shake your old habits. you will have moments of clarity, then all 17 different new swing thoughts will reveal themselves over that simple shot...Probably the first tee after telling all your buddies you've finally cracked it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 17???

My first lesson is already paying off. Only 3 new swing thoughts, so far. Pivot around right leg, lower take away and swing more to 'right field'.

And swinging a new Titleist AP3 iron (Demo) does not hurt. Turns out the 7 iron that my instructor gave me to try was the new Calloway Rogue. I'm not married to Titleist irons. That Rogue really tried to steal my heart.

When he gave it to me to try he said "I hope this does not burn your hands". Rogue vs AP3. We'll see. I'm looking forward to playing with a new set of irons. 5 thru PW.

 

Edited by CCC
? vs . and new set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And the 4th swing tip was to...... Hmmm. I can't seem to remember that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/27/2018 at 10:51 AM, RayG said:

Won't matter... get the lessons and tips and your game will go down the toilet... at least for awhile. It takes time to shake your old habits. you will have moments of clarity, then all 17 different new swing thoughts will reveal themselves over that simple shot...Probably the first tee after telling all your buddies you've finally cracked it! 

That’s where I am now. After a few lessons and swing/grip changes I was hitting the ball okay until recently. Last few weeks I feel like I have lost everything.

I know it’s a process, but it’s so discouraging at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes - playing this game seems hopeless. I'm 'pulling out all of the stops' to try and recover from this flat spin downward. So far - so good..

I hit a 5 iron to the green yesterday. After i did it the first time, I was reluctant to try it again. I tried it again, and hit another good 5 iron shot to the green.

Something funny is going on here....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My GOLFTEC location just got the new Titleist 718 irons. My home club has had these for quite a while.

But my club does not have a trial set of the new Calloway Rogue Irons, yet. GOLFTEC does.

I'm looking forward to my AP3 vs Rouge shootout.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another lesson today. Another video of my swing.

My swing is sooooo bad. I don't know if it can be fixed. I'm going to keep trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Of course it can; just don't expect it to be easy. If you look in the Member Swings section of the forum, you'll see loads of people in exactly the same position as you, who are working really hard (and really slowly) at specific things to make small improvements. Over a long period of time, that pays off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, CCC said:

Another lesson today. Another video of my swing.

My swing is sooooo bad. I don't know if it can be fixed. I'm going to keep trying.

Take it one item at a time. Focus on fixing that one piece. Practice with slower swings. The changes will happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, CCC said:

Another lesson today. Another video of my swing.

My swing is sooooo bad. I don't know if it can be fixed. I'm going to keep trying.

So what exactly are they having you do in these lessons? Are they showing you the video of your bad swing and saying, "don't do that" or are there specific drills they're giving you? Just you telling us "my swing is sooo bad" isn't really accomplishing anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...