IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Let's see if he can improve on the triple from yesterday.

I hope so, but he started the hole the same way he did yesterday (big ol' drive in the middle of the fairway).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe not. That's a lousy shot from 156 on the fairway.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

That Tiger approach was the first time I've ever regretted seeing shot tracer. Yeesh, that was ugly.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Double both days.  I haven't heard this many doubles since the Bill Swerski show. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

That's a triple and double on the hole ranked 15. He might be heading for an early exit.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Blow up the 1st hole, Woods makes triple bogey/double bogey = +5. That's half of his total of +10

Starting to look like Woods might have a short week.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It seems like he didn't understand how his ball didn't draw back when there was a strong left to right wind. Also, why his ball ended up right of the green on #11 with another strong left to right wind.

That's fourth year physics. 🙄

• Like 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

It will be interesting to see how the drivable par-3 behaves today.

-- Michael | My swing! 

6 minutes ago, Shindig said:

It will be interesting to see how the drivable par-3 behaves today.

I thought all par 3's were considered drivable; at least for tour players.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Nice drive by Tiger on #3.  The comeback begins?

A better putt by Dufner than it will appear to audiences.  A little over 70' out, has a makeable next one. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

A par.  At least it's better than the alternatives.  Okay Tiger, five birdies and an eagle and you're right back in the mix.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Safely on the green on #4.  Has a better chance at birdie than from off the green. 

Wow, Dufner made a non-trivial putt. Evidently he does so more than short ones I hear.  Reminds me of the stat I read last night about the time Justin Leonard led in 5' and 7' putts but was last in 6' putts.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Harmon is a great instructor, a smart guy, but man, enough of these interviews.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Harmon is a great instructor, a smart guy, but man, enough of these interviews.

One of the first golf books I had was one of Harmon's.  It was something like Four Fundamentals of Winning Golf and I don't know where the book is at this point.  But the cover advertised that it included his work with Greg Norman, Davis Love III, and U.S. Amateur champion Tiger Woods.

-- Michael | My swing! 

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Safely on the green on #4.  Has a better chance at birdie than from off the green. 

Shot by shot?  We're all watching and/or listening.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Always like big name golf tournaments where some of the bigger names in golf are humbled. Going to be tough on some of them to make the cut. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!