IGNORED

“Ernie, not again!”

allenc
Note: This thread is 2118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone hear about this?

Podcast

Fast forward to about 51:20 for the story of Ernie Els flying Steve Marino on his private jet.

paraphrased snippet:

Ernie says, “Are you having a good time Steve?  Yes?  So now we fight!”  And Ernie proceeded to head butt him, hard.  Then he started throwing Steve around the cabin until the copilot ran out screaming at him.

... the copilot may or may not have said “not again Ernie!”

The Big Easy.  Until he starts pounding beers.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

53 minutes ago, allenc said:

I found an actual article so you can read rather than listen if you want.

http://www.golfwrx.com/521108/confirmed-ernie-els-did-beat-the-crap-out-of-steve-marino-aboard-a-private-jet/

Hilarious. Should make a movie/biography of Ernie....with of course Liam Neeson playing Ernie.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

26 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Hilarious. Should make a movie/biography of Ernie....with of course Liam Neeson playing Ernie.

Sounds like it could be the plot outline for Taken 4.  This made me respect Ernie even more.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Must have been over international waters... 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

This makes a case for Ernie as 'The most interesting man in golf'. Move over ponytail...

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

His recent interview on No Laying Up was interesting too.  Certainly didn't fit my previous image of him.  Not a change in good or bad directions, just different. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Shindig said:

His recent interview on No Laying Up was interesting too.  Certainly didn't fit my previous image of him.  Not a change in good or bad directions, just different. 

The talk on the Tour has for a long time been that Ernie, when drunk, is not a great guy to be around. And that he gets drunk a lot.

I'd heard that he had curbed that in recent years, but maybe that was a temporary thing.

Whatever. It's off-the-course stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

The talk on the Tour has for a long time been that Ernie, when drunk, is not a great guy to be around. And that he gets drunk a lot.

I'd heard that he had curbed that in recent years, but maybe that was a temporary thing.

Whatever. It's off-the-course stuff.

Interesting, thank you.  I didn't know either of those things and I thought I followed a lot of golf gossip (that's not quite the right word I meant, but I think it's close enough)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Not to over-react here, but a bit surprised that the consensus is so apathetic (and in some cases glorifying) a situation where basically a bully is assaulting another person against his will.........if EE trying to pull that on me, it would be a problem for him....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

13 hours ago, BallStriker said:

...if EE trying to pull that on me, it would be a problem for him....

IDK, Ernie is a pretty big dude...how big are you?

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

IDK, Ernie is a pretty big dude...how big are you?

6'3"

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!