IGNORED

TFCC Tear

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to orthopedic doctor yesterday, looks like I have TFCC tear in my left wrist.  My wrist had been hurting for a while, but got really bad on Sunday.  So out of commission fo a little bit, ugh.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Went to orthopedic doctor yesterday, looks like I have TFCC tear in my left wrist.  My wrist had been hurting for a while, but got really bad on Sunday.  So out of commission fo a little bit, ugh.

Sorry to hear, Jerry. Hope it heals quickly.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Sorry to hear, Jerry. Hope it heals quickly.

Thanks

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

@jsgolfer, forgive my asking about my own case, but I have been having pin from the base of my right pinky down to my wrist. Worse when I rotate wrist in or close my pinky toward my wrist. Are these familiar symptoms for you? If so, I will contact my ortho surgeon. Please accept my condolences and wishes for a speedy recovery. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

On 6/29/2018 at 7:10 PM, jsgolfer said:

Two sentiments come to mind right away.  First, get well quick.  Second, don't push too hard, wait until you're properly healed.  Good luck, my friend.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

23 hours ago, MarvChamp said:

@jsgolfer, forgive my asking about my own case, but I have been having pin from the base of my right pinky down to my wrist. Worse when I rotate wrist in or close my pinky toward my wrist. Are these familiar symptoms for you? If so, I will contact my ortho surgeon. Please accept my condolences and wishes for a speedy recovery. Best, -Marv

Hey Marv,

That’s not the pain I had, it was right on the left side of the left wrist, right by the ulnar bone, and I did have some tingling in my pinky, but that has gone away.  I’m wearing a WristWidget right now which is helping a lot.

https://www.wristwidget.com/

22 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Two sentiments come to mind right away.  First, get well quick.  Second, don't push too hard, wait until you're properly healed.  Good luck, my friend.

Thank you and yeah, I’m giving it some rest that is for sure. 

-Jerry

I'm well aware of this injury. I believe I had it in both wrists. Mine eventually healed although not perfect they are decent. By the time I saw an ortho, he told me that I was at a point where they would consider it a "success." He also told me that often there are "successful" surgeries that don't result as good as I was at that time. @cipher had this surgery I believe and he has documented some of his experience on here as well as a few youtubers that have videos about their surgeries. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I am sorry to hear this Jerry.  My main issue was actually the ECU tear which is a fairly invasive surgery.  They found the TFCC was torn as well while they were operating and they fixed that as well.  It is a much less invasive procedure, so that is the good news.  Best wishes with everything.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

I’m wearing a WristWidget right now which is helping a lot.

Thank you. The splint I wear a lot helps but little. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

11 hours ago, cipher said:

I am sorry to hear this Jerry.  My main issue was actually the ECU tear which is a fairly invasive surgery.  They found the TFCC was torn as well while they were operating and they fixed that as well.  It is a much less invasive procedure, so that is the good news.  Best wishes with everything.  

Thanks Nate. 

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!