IGNORED

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil Showdown for $9M

jimnm
Note: This thread is 1957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

KP is what they call Closest to the Pin on Tour. Disc golfers call it "CTP."

And Phil earns $100k for his charity. Tiger is about 50’ away to Phil’s 7’10”.

This is boring.

And screw the announcers who keep talking over the players. SHUT UP.

• Like 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Id like to listen to phil and tiger talking, not commentators. They keep cutting them out. Only 3 holes in but hopefully we see more banter and betting

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

This.

My wife just commented: you paid 20 bucks and you still have to listen to the announcers?!

• Like 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Seriously when have we seen Phil hit the fairway like this? Driver so far looks great! And finally Tiger hit a straight ball. 

And I still can’t hear the golfers talk. Whats the point of havinng them mic-ed up if the announcers don’t want us to listen to them...

Edited by phillyk

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

I’m underwhelmed so far. This is kinda boring.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My wife just saw my avatar and said are you the cat?   I said ya, reformed curmudgeon....She said reformed?   Ha...

See if I let my wife watch golf again!

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I agree.... I expected some talkin' smack!  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just now, dennyjones said:

My wife just saw my avatar and said are you the cat?   I said ya, reformed curmudgeon....She said reformed?   Ha...

See if I let my wife watch golf again!

Lol!

I hope the banter picks up. But I am enjoying it. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm enjoying, but I really enjoy these two when they're playing.  One birdie apiece so far though, both with birdie putts coming up.

I put down the computer and we had lunch (moved where we're casting the match). 

... and Tiger misses his birdie. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

One of the announcers is now commenting about what “we” heard in  conversation between a player and his caddie. While tiger and Phil are talking with their caddies and we can’t hear a thing. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Okay, par-5 time.  They both birdied the last one. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yep.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Tiger with the better drive. 

Also, Phil is not a hot putter away from being 6up.  He's a hot putter away from being 5up.  The first par-5 wasn't putter issues with him not winning the hole. 

Colt Knost's proposal that each should have Barkley hit a shot for them at some point... :-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

And another commercial... i mean they are not a true commercial because of it being barkely and sam jackson but i still didnt pay $20 to watch commercials. This is definitely a little disappointing so far. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Just now, phillyk said:

And another commercial... i mean they are not a true commercial because of it being barkely and sam jackson but i still didnt pay $20 to watch commercials. This is definitely a little disappointing so far. 

Same here. And I could do just fine to not hear Jacobsen talk over Phil and Tiger. Seriously...Jacobsen, we don’t care what you have to say. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Wow a rare fluff from phil... tried to be too aggressive. I was surprised he went w a 64 wedge

Philip Kohnken, PGA

"Phil not getting up and down is like Santa not coming on Christmas" ... great commentary there, much better than hearing Phil or Tiger's reaction to the shot, much added value. :-X 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 1957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!