IGNORED

2018 John Deere Classic

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They are a couple hours behind due to multiple rain delays; the leaders are only thru the first 5 holes today and Kim still holds a 2 shot lead (-16)

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

HV3 update: he's -13 thru 8 holes today (T5th place) 4 behind Kim

Don't you shank no more 

Michael Kim has shot 63,64,64 so far this week, that's 22 under and gives him a 5 shot lead heading into Sunday.

HV3 is -15 and alone in 4th place

Don't you shank no more 

Kim continues to run away, he's pushed the lead to -25 early on, 7 shots ahead of HV3 and Burgoon in 2nd (-18)

Don't you shank no more 

-27!!!

was this an Executive Par 3 course!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 shot runaway victory for Kim's 1st ever on Tour.

HV3 finished 9 back in solo 6th

Don't you shank no more 

Congrats Sam Ryder, who played out of my club.  T-2, keeps his card for next year, and is on his way to Carnoustie!

:dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Good to see Hunter Mahan show up with a fairly solid week....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

On 7/14/2018 at 6:42 PM, ChrisP said:

Is anchoring allowed at the John Deere? Watching Hearn putt yesterday, he looked to me to be anchoring the putter. I thought that was not allowed.

Correct, its not allowed. Is there footage?

7 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Correct, its not allowed. Is there footage?

Doesn’t matter. It’s basically just a matter of a player simply saying ‘ I didn’t’ that settles any dispute. Video just doesn’t suffice. Even when it appears beyond any doubt...one can just say..’ no, I wasn’t anchoring.’ The funny thing is when USGA asks a player to demonstrate the stroke and then they say, ‘oh ok...all good.’ As if they’re gonna anchor right in front of them. Imagine if there wasn’t clear video evidence of Lexi’s marking and they asked her to show them how she marks...you think she would pick her ball up and move it an inch off? And I’m not saying these guys are purposefully anchoring. I simply think they have been careless thinking too much about the putt and not the rule. My photo in the anchoring topic clearly shows Benard Langer’s hand pressed against his shirt all through his stroke. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

So... its against the rules to switch golf ball STYLE during a round but yet you’re allowed to put a new ball into play... every single hole if you wish?  Dumb.

EDIT:  Ah, after googling I see its only a sub rule adopted for professional tournaments mostly.

side note... good on Danny Lee!  Mad at his putting so instead of breaking the putter he gave it to a kid after completing his second round and then his caddie tossed him the cover and said “you’re gonna need this too bud”.  Well done Danny.  

Edited by Chris223

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

8 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

So... its against the rules to switch golf ball STYLE during a round but yet you’re allowed to put a new ball into play... every single hole if you wish?  *Redacted*

EDIT:  Ah, after googling I see its only a sub rule adopted for professional tournaments mostly.

side note... good on Danny Lee!  Mad at his putting so instead of breaking the putter he gave it to a kid after completing his second round and then his caddie tossed him the cover and said “you’re gonna need this too bud”.  Well done Danny.  

If I may make a personal request. Please refrain from using that word. I work for and with people with Development Disabilities, so I really dislike when people use it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator
On 7/16/2018 at 12:18 PM, Chris223 said:

So... its against the rules to switch golf ball STYLE during a round but yet you’re allowed to put a new ball into play... every single hole if you wish?  Dumb.

It’s not a bad rule.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/16/2018 at 3:29 PM, Vinsk said:

Doesn’t matter. It’s basically just a matter of a player simply saying ‘ I didn’t’ that settles any dispute. Video just doesn’t suffice. Even when it appears beyond any doubt...one can just say..’ no, I wasn’t anchoring.’ The funny thing is when USGA asks a player to demonstrate the stroke and then they say, ‘oh ok...all good.’ As if they’re gonna anchor right in front of them. Imagine if there wasn’t clear video evidence of Lexi’s marking and they asked her to show them how she marks...you think she would pick her ball up and move it an inch off? And I’m not saying these guys are purposefully anchoring. I simply think they have been careless thinking too much about the putt and not the rule. My photo in the anchoring topic clearly shows Benard Langer’s hand pressed against his shirt all through his stroke. 

Still would like to see the footage.

3 hours ago, MacDutch said:

Still would like to see the footage.

I wish I had the video. I’m pretty sure it’s from the last Charles Schwab. It’s clear to me that the right wrinkle is being pressed towards the left wrinkle. If he were to remove his arm off his chest the wrinkles would straighten out.

And sorry for being OT. I’m done.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I wish I had the video. I’m pretty sure it’s from the last Charles Schwab. It’s clear to me that the right wrinkle is being pressed towards the left wrinkle. If he were to remove his arm off his chest the wrinkles would straighten out.

Doesn't mean he's anchoring.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Doesn't mean he's anchoring.

Lol. Of course not. Doesn’t matter. Silly rule that can’t be enforced. Luckily no one cares about it since only a few dabble with it. His forearm is clearly ‘anchored’ to his body through the entire stroke. And even though players have admitted to back stopping and others have admitted to witnessing shady ball marking, and Phil deliberately broke a rule in a Major then lied about it, there’s noooo way any player would ever, ever think of doing something so dubious as anchoring a putting stroke. 

Anchoring, as we all know (and as the USGA knows, with the exception of one word) is when the club, or the gripping hand, or a part of the forearm is held against the body. 

Forearm held against body...but not anchoring? I don’t agree Erik.

Edited by Vinsk

Note: This thread is 2081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!