IGNORED

Premier League 2018-19

alleztom
Note: This thread is 2031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

He's had a bit of history doing that. 

Sounds like its a lot of the club not buying him the talent he wants and Jose having a fit about it.

Thing is, Man U have got plenty of talent. Problem being the talent dont seem to get on with Jose, Pogba being a case in point.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Thing is, Man U have got plenty of talent. Problem being the talent dont seem to get on with Jose, Pogba being a case in point.

Yes so that's why he needs more talent. The kind that might still be able to tolerate him.

Was there something about Martial as well?

Very happy to see Fulham back, now if they can just start earning some points.

• Like 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

10 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Yes so that's why he needs more talent. The kind that might still be able to tolerate him.

Was there something about Martial as well?

Yeah, pre season there was talk of Martial not being happy with how much first team football he was getting. There are still a few European clubs after hime before their transfer windon closes.

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Just watched the first episode of All or Nothing last night and I found it to be really good.  If you have Amazon Prime, I recommend giving it a go.  Warning:  Pep has a potty mouth 😉

1 point out of 2 matches for Wolves and who's next?  Answer: Manchester City.

Welcome back to the Prem.

Hopefully the Cityzens hit their goal quota for a bit after the stupid match with Huddersfield.Town.

15 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

1 point out of 2 matches for Wolves and who's next?  Answer: Manchester City.

Welcome back to the Prem.

Hopefully the Cityzens hit their goal quota for a bit after the stupid match with Huddersfield.Town.

Yeah, we thought we'd give them a bit of help with their quota for the month :-P. Plus point for us is that Lossl might be back in goal seeing as Hamer is a pile of :poo:. Taking my son to his 2nd match (first prem league match) tomorrow against cardiff so i think we can get 3 points.

On 8/24/2018 at 5:50 AM, RussUK said:

Taking my son to his 2nd match (first prem league match) tomorrow against cardiff so i think we can get 3 points.

Bit of a shame to have no goals in that one, but I guess a point after you get one sent off could be worse.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, mcanadiens said:

Bit of a shame to have no goals in that one, but I guess a point after you get one sent off could be worse.

Yeah, could have been worse. Shame about us just getting a point against Everton at the weekend but at least we had more shots/on target (9 shots, 6 on target). Onwards and upwards.

Hey guys, American fan here.  I'm a neutral and mostly watch only the bigger match-ups, as in my old age I'm not glued to the screen every weekend like I used to be.  Apologies to the mid-table and relegation battlers.

What is it about Mourinho that has his teams explode?  They took a big jump up last year but we already see it crashing down.

1 minute ago, Effington said:

Hey guys, American fan here.  I'm a neutral and mostly watch only the bigger match-ups, as in my old age I'm not glued to the screen every weekend like I used to be.  Apologies to the mid-table and relegation battlers.

What is it about Mourinho that has his teams explode?  They took a big jump up last year but we already see it crashing down.

No apologies needed, its much more "fun" down the bottom half :-P

I personally think there is way too much expectaion on Man Utd and Jose to dominate like they used to. You have a team that has won so many times in League and cups and manager that has done the same and because of that the fans, media etc. expect the same.

Thing is it isnt the same Man Utd the Fergusson managed and the rest of the top 6 teams have caught up. You also have a manager that has a very strong personality and ego with a team made up of (in the case of Pogba) even bigger ego's so when they inevitably clash off the pitch as they have done it's going to have at least some effect in the pitch. I wouldnt write them off just yet.

7 minutes ago, RussUK said:

No apologies needed, its much more "fun" down the bottom half :-P

I personally think there is way too much expectaion on Man Utd and Jose to dominate like they used to. You have a team that has won so many times in League and cups and manager that has done the same and because of that the fans, media etc. expect the same.

Thing is it isnt the same Man Utd the Fergusson managed and the rest of the top 6 teams have caught up. You also have a manager that has a very strong personality and ego with a team made up of (in the case of Pogba) even bigger ego's so when they inevitably clash off the pitch as they have done it's going to have at least some effect in the pitch. I wouldnt write them off just yet.

The way I see it, all of the top teams have an expectation that they're going to win the title, I don't see that Man United is any different than Chelsea, Liverpool, City, etc.  There is big money and big expectations.  With Mourinho, though, he has a pretty long track record of giving his team a good bump in the first year, but then it ends quickly and comes crashing down.  Maybe United gets more press because of their history.

1 minute ago, Effington said:

The way I see it, all of the top teams have an expectation that they're going to win the title, I don't see that Man United is any different than Chelsea, Liverpool, City, etc.  There is big money and big expectations.  With Mourinho, though, he has a pretty long track record of giving his team a good bump in the first year, but then it ends quickly and comes crashing down.  Maybe United gets more press because of their history.

Yep, when Sir Alex was in charge there used to be a "conspiracy" that if they weren't winning there always seemed to be a stupid amount of added time which became known as "Fergie time".

but yeah, they are the Prem's most succesful team so there is always going to be a lot of expectations on them. Money wise the the other top teams have caught up thanks to foreign investments.

Too much money in the Prem in my mind, Man City spent over £500M on players and Huddersfield spent about £70M. Liverpools new keeper cost more than our entire team!

1 minute ago, RussUK said:

Yep, when Sir Alex was in charge there used to be a "conspiracy" that if they weren't winning there always seemed to be a stupid amount of added time which became known as "Fergie time".

but yeah, they are the Prem's most succesful team so there is always going to be a lot of expectations on them. Money wise the the other top teams have caught up thanks to foreign investments.

Too much money in the Prem in my mind, Man City spent over £500M on players and Huddersfield spent about £70M. Liverpools new keeper cost more than our entire team!

Ha!  I have some colleagues that use this as the rationale for trying to get me to follow the Bundesliga, where it's a bit more level (except for the giant at the top).  It just so happens that I also happen to work with a bunch of Germans, though.

Regarding Mourinho, I've always been a big fan, which is why I said in my last post that it is sad. He's lost his way in recent years. 

What I like about Mourinho is that he's always worn his heart on his sleeve, and made interviews/press conferences interesting by not just sticking to PR speak. Some of the things he said in his first stint at Chelsea were hilarious. He was often mischievous with his gamesmanship, but rarely malicious. 

Something seemed to happen to him though when he was abroad, probably in Madrid, and he returned with a bad tempered, cynical outlook that just takes over whatever club he is at. His biggest strength - that he could create a siege mentality which would motivate and focus his team - now seems to be his weakness, as he picks fights within the club as well as elsewhere. 

Going to manage Portugal may be the best thing for him once he leaves United. 

23 hours ago, RussUK said:

I was only paying attention in Ferguson's final years, but I swear that had to be the case. 

A number of times where Man U needed a goal to get the result, there was more extra time than there had any right to be and they'd usually go well over that for no obvious reason.

Note: This thread is 2031 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!