IGNORED

Looking to Learn Golf Tips

adampaul
Note: This thread is 2064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

45 minutes ago, adampaul said:

I am living in The Villages in Florida and looking to learn Golf tips that can make my game more stronger. Any help on that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't try to kill the ball. Use a well balanced, swing tempo/speed. The ball will probably fly farther, and straighter for you. 

Maybe check out Paul Runyan's chipping technique for shorter green side chips. 

Indulge yourself with smart practice techniques. Join the 5 minute practice challenge thread. 

Watch out for gators?

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• iacas changed the title to Looking to Learn Golf Tips
6 hours ago, adampaul said:

I am... looking to learn Golf tips that can make my game more stronger. Any help on that?

All strong golfers i know are very good putters, make sure you take time to practice your putting as it is something you will do on every hole you play. Being able to get the ball in the hole will help you lower your scores and make your game stronger.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Unless you have a glaring weakness, most of your time should be sent improving your full swing.

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
5 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

All strong golfers i know are very good putters, make sure you take time to practice your putting as it is something you will do on every hole you play. Being able to get the ball in the hole will help you lower your scores and make your game stronger.

And yet, a scratch golfer putts better than a PGA Tour player 30% of the time, and a guy who shoots 90 out-putts a PGA Tour player about 10% of the time.

Putting is not that important. It's also the easiest skill in golf.

But keep on trolling, man

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A 90 shooter putts better than a PGA Tour pro? Where did you see that happen? I have never heard of a 90 shooter playing on a PGA Tour course with fast, difficult greens. If you're talking about the 90 shooter playing on his local muni with slower, flatter, easier greens and the PGA Tour pro playing a Tour course then it is an invalid comparison because they obviously must play the same course, under the same conditions for it to be a valid comparison. 

Don't you shank no more 

14 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

A 90 shooter putts better than a PGA Tour pro? Where did you see that happen? I have never heard of a 90 shooter playing on a PGA Tour course with fast, difficult greens. If you're talking about the 90 shooter playing on his local muni with slower, flatter, easier greens and the PGA Tour pro playing a Tour course then it is an invalid comparison because they obviously must play the same course, under the same conditions for it to be a valid comparison. 

Seriously dude. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

A 90 shooter putts better than a PGA Tour pro? Where did you see that happen?

🤦🏼‍♂️

That's not even what I wrote. I said it happens about 10% of the time, and you reply with "where did you see that happen"?

But… here you go. Sorry, but these are facts, and they may be anathema to your "experiences."

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 7.54.35 PM.png

28 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

I have never heard of a 90 shooter playing on a PGA Tour course with fast, difficult greens. If you're talking about the 90 shooter playing on his local muni with slower, flatter, easier greens and the PGA Tour pro playing a Tour course then it is an invalid comparison because they obviously must play the same course, under the same conditions for it to be a valid comparison.

Players of a wide range of abilities actually putt better on faster greens, given enough time to adjust. Not a lot, but measurably. The same putts require shorter strokes, and putts track truer.

But hey, you go with your experiences. Experiences that fly in the face of a lot of what we know now about the game. Just plug your ears and hum a tune when facts come to light. It's cool. We know that's your schtick.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

40 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Dude he said 10% of the time. Reading comprehension.  But I’m a decent golfer, and I’m an average putter at best and I play with a guy who is a 15 handicap who is a much better putter than me and he couldn’t beat me on his best day.

Ball striking and getting the ball closer to the hole is way more important than putting.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

Dude he said 10% of the time. Reading comprehension.  

10% is 1 out of 10. I'm aware of what he said and what i read. Thank you

isaacs, thanks for posting the 'Statistics/Game Planning/Other', especially the yellow highlighted part where it gives the percentages you stated, but I can't make out what book that is from or who the author is. 

Don't you shank no more 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

10% is 1 out of 10. I'm aware of what he said and what i read. Thank you.

Weird that you replied with "Where did you see that happen?" as if I was putting forth some sort of experience, not actual data.

isaacs,

Really? Okay man.

thanks for posting the 'Statistics/Game Planning/Other', especially the yellow highlighted part where it gives the percentages you stated, but I can't make out what book that is from or who the author is. 

The title is right there in the post, right over the picture:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 9.33.52 PM.png

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

The title is right there in the post, right over the picture:

OK, missed it, the text is really small. Who is the author?

Don't you shank no more 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

OK, missed it, the text is really small. Who is the author?

http://bfy.tw/JkZ4

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Don't know why you just can't answer my question.

I did.

Heaven forbid you answer it yourself.

You first couldn't find the name of the book, when it was right there. Then you couldn't even bother to type the name of that book into a search engine to discover that the author is one of the leading stats guys in golf.

Note: This thread is 2064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!