IGNORED

NFL 2018-19

iacas
Note: This thread is 1888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I'll reserve judgment until he gets a season or two under his belt. The Jets and their fanbase have a tendency to overhype QBs. Remember when Mark Sanchez was the next Joe Namath?

Butt Fumble!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's hard to remember that at a point early in the second half of that Jets-Lions game, it was tied 17-17. The remainder of that 3rd quarter had to be one of the worst 12 minutes of football I've seen an NFL team have in a long time.

Seriously, when was the last time you saw a team give up 31 points in one stinking quarter?

5 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

It's hard to remember that at a point early in the second half of that Jets-Lions game, it was tied 17-17. The remainder of that 3rd quarter had to be one of the worst 12 minutes of football I've seen an NFL team have in a long time.

Seriously, when was the last time you saw a team give up 31 points in one stinking quarter?

It's the Lions.   People that follow them don't expect much different.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

16 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

It's the Lions.   People that follow them don't expect much different.   

They have four NFL titles since moving from Portsmouth.  It's just taking them longer than most teams to adjust to playing on television.  Could be the lights, could be the commercials, or it could be that cats simply don't fare well in professional football.  

• Upvote 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Then he destroyed the Lions

Not sure this amounts to anything of late.  I’m Just throwin’ some NFL jabs....gimme a break...I’m a Cowboys fan so you can imagine the heat I get...lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

What team was that playing in prime time last night and scoring those touchdowns? Been a while since the Bengals played under the lights and looked competent.

Now if they could just manage to get out of the locker room after halftime.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see Drew Brees attain the NFL record for most passing yards.   I remember seeing him play at Purdue and thought back then he was very good.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

15 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Nice to see Drew Brees attain the NFL record for most passing yards.   I remember seeing him play at Purdue and thought back then he was very good.  

I agree. He's a good guy and I'm happy for him. The Saints have such a smooth offense, whenever they score 40 points or more I'm never surprised. The challenge for them is going up against the top teams in the NFL, where they sometimes waver.

Big games to watch this weekend are Pitt v Cinci and Philly v NYG.

Steelers and Eagles SHOULD be having winning seasons but both have had a less than ideal start. Hoping for big wins for these 2 PA teams.

🍩🧇

Meanwhile....Cowboys’ Garret has one foot out the door....insert ‘Jaws’ theme music ....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Vinsk said:

Meanwhile....Cowboys’ Garret has one foot out the door....insert ‘Jaws’ theme music ....

Yup. Though he is the best clapper in the NFL. He knows how to do that real well. 

I think he let what happened to the colts vs the Texans influence his decision to punt on Sunday. Played not to lose instead of trying to win. 

On 10/8/2018 at 9:50 PM, dennyjones said:

I agree. Brees has had one hell of a career. Nice to see an old Big Ten guy do well.

The only shame about it is that, at this rate, some guy you never heard of before will break his records in about seven years after they outlaw all defense.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:10 AM, dennyjones said:

I believe they have 1 playoff win in my lifetime.

1991 if memory serves.  They clobbered the Cowboys, elevated hopes, then got trounced by the Redskins.  But that was only 27 years ago...less than a blip in geologic time.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat relieved to hear the MRI on Sony Michel showed no structural damage. His early exit was a major contributor to my first loss of the season.

I felt really clever about taking Sony where I did in the draft. People avoided him because he had an injury designation at that time and wasn't expected to play for a few weeks. When he did get back and have those back-to-back 100-yard games, I was feeling really good. 

It's probably too optimistic to think he'll be back for Buffalo on Monday, so my team will still be in a tough way next week. With another RB on a bye week, I need waiver help (and I'm 10th in order) or its Isiah Crowell in my RB2 position.

• 2 months later...

We get two excellent matchups in the conference championships this year. They've both played each other earlier in the season too, adding to the intrigue for me.  

Pats 43, Chiefs 40

Saints 45, Rams 35

Yea, that's a lot of scoring. Not much movement in Vegas either although people are feeling the under in Chiefs-Pats for some reason. I feel like the under is more likely in Saints-Rams.

Capture.PNG

I think though I'm gonna guess 34-31 Pats and 30-27 Saints and will laugh at myself on Sunday night when I'm wrong.

Anyway, regardless of betting, the games themselves are so interesting that even with no money on the line, these matchups are so fun on paper. Any Super Bowl matchup that we get from these four teams is really, really cool. 

Pats-Saints is Brady vs. Brees, which is amazing.

A rematch of KC-LAR would be 55-52 and also really fun if you don't mind seeing no defense. 

Rams Pats is really cool to see the young gun Goff go against the GOAT in TB12. 

And Chiefs Saints is cool too. 

Usually we get at least one defensive/run-based team, but this year it's four high octane offenses. The Saints are ranked 3rd in DVOA against the run, and the Rams have Donald and Suh, but these are four really fast tempo teams that should be really exciting to see.*

Anybody got some opinions on the games? It'll be fun to laugh at how wrong most of us are come Monday. 

*I guess the Pats are probably going to pound Sony Michel and hit James White on a lot of check downs to take advantage of KC's 32nd ranked run defense, but still. Brady can hit 400 yards passing any given day. I wonder if Gronk gets out of his funk in this spot too. 

Constantine

• Administrator

The Pats D vs. KC's O?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!