IGNORED

Sports Stadium Concession Fare

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't go to as many football, baseball, basketball, hockey games as I used to, just wondering, what new fare are they serving that's out of the ordinary these days in stadiums? Asking because I saw this:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife has gotten the "Slider Dog" multiple times at Indians games. She likes it, it has Mac n Cheese, bacon, and FruitLoops on top of a hot dog

image.png

PNC park also has this one, caramel sauce, jalapenos, cracker jacks, and Mac n Cheese

image.png

Here's one thats in the Brewers Stadium. A pulled pork parfait with mashed potatoes instead of ice cream

image.png

The Tigers also have a poutine hot dog and a bacon egg and cheese dog

image.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/wilmington-blue-rocks-milb-kansas-city-royals-krispy-kreme-hot-dog-luther-burger/f4k7f79x3mi01jlmd4kkwwajm

One of the most unique I heard of back when I worked in Minor League Baseball was the "Luther Burger", and then the Wilmington team came up with the Hot Dog version of it. Pretty interesting to say the least.....

1200px-Perfect_luther_burger.thumb.jpg.3c6dce59fa614b827451ee98c1a9bc69.jpg

Take a look at the toasted crickets they serve at Safeco Field. Home of the Seattle Mariners

:tmade: M9.5* Kuro Kage Stiff
:nike: VR Pro 3 Wood 15* Project X 6.0
:nike: VR Pro 3 Iron Project X Rifle 6.0
:tmade: M4 4-6 Project X Rifle 6.0, M4 7-GW KBS Max 85
:cleveland: RTX-3 56* & 60*

Lots of fancy, strange stuff.

But the best is the pork loin sandwich at Doylestown (OH) Chippewa HS football games.

Image result for Doylestown Chippewa football

Edited by mcanadiens

When I started going to Fenway Park as a young boy in the 1950s, box seats were three dollars, bleacher seats were seventy-five cents, and the thirty-five cent hot dogs, although I ate them anyway, sucked. (Better hot dogs at Joe & Nemo's cost a dime each back then.)

For tonight's game against the Dodgers, box seats are over a grand each, 350 for bleachers, and while I won't be there, the hot dogs, now probably ten bucks each instead of thirty-five cents, will most likely still suck.

I always bought Italian sausage subs with peppers and onions from the street vendors outside, and I highly recommended that the young ones with their thousand dollar tickets do the same..

As for me, I'm getting a whole bunch of stuff at Taco Bell, some Guinness stout,  and will be watching on TV.

My man cave will be warmer than Fenway.

• Like 1

TaylorMade 300___307cc driver, 13.5°                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 400___3, 5, 7, 9 woods                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mizuno Fli Hi II___driving iron                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist T300___7, 8, 9, PW, AW, GW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Titleist SM6___LW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tad Moore Chicopee___putter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist Pro V1x___ball

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 12:04 PM, trombettista_vecchio said:

When I started going to Fenway Park as a young boy in the 1950s, box seats were three dollars, bleacher seats were seventy-five cents, and the thirty-five cent hot dogs, although I ate them anyway, sucked. (Better hot dogs at Joe & Nemo's cost a dime each back then.)

For tonight's game against the Dodgers, box seats are over a grand each, 350 for bleachers, and while I won't be there, the hot dogs, now probably ten bucks each instead of thirty-five cents, will most likely still suck.

I always bought Italian sausage subs with peppers and onions from the street vendors outside, and I highly recommended that the young ones with their thousand dollar tickets do the same..

As for me, I'm getting a whole bunch of stuff at Taco Bell, some Guinness stout,  and will be watching on TV.

My man cave will be warmer than Fenway.

Good point! Some of the small market teams, like the Indians, gripe about how people don't come out to the park and spend money on seats and concessions! Is it any wonder? We don't have the mobs of brainless millionaires that the larger cities do. 

As far as the "Slider Dog " goes, there is much better fare available at the Indian's ballpark than that! It looks disgusting! 

9 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Good point! Some of the small market teams, like the Indians, gripe about how people don't come out to the park and spend money on seats and concessions! Is it any wonder? We don't have the mobs of brainless millionaires that the larger cities do. 

As far as the "Slider Dog " goes, there is much better fare available at the Indian's ballpark than that! It looks disgusting! 

Umm, I see mostly families when I go to games. The millionaires are in the luxury boxes. 😛

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I go to games on "dollar beer nights". That usually saves me a car payment. 😀

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!