IGNORED

Hard Time Getting My Head Past the Ball

Typhoon92
Note: This thread is 1950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My head moves back a bit on the backswing but at impact and follow through it returns to the address position.  I'm having a hard time getting myself " past the ball" so my head finishes past the address position.  

I'm not hanging back, but almost on the irons.  Driver ...maybe. 

Tough to get myself past without feeling I'm going to flip or fall over toward the target

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Hard Time Getting My Head Past the Ball

Why do you need your head to move past the ball? At impact it really should be approx where it was at address. And where it goes after impact is p much irrelevant.

Maybe the issue of it moving off the ball in your backswing is more imp (if it's excessive)?

Colin P.

It says you're a +3 so you're either trolling us out of boredom or this is some double secret plus-handicap micro-move I simply don't know about, but generally with the pelvis sliding, rotating and extending, the head will move slightly behind its address position through impact. Generally.

• Like 1

Constantine

15 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

It says you're a +3 so you're either trolling us out of boredom or this is some double secret plus-handicap micro-move I simply don't know about, but generally with the pelvis sliding, rotating and extending, the head will move slightly behind its address position through impact. Generally.

This is the same guy who said this:

On 2/10/2018 at 12:16 AM, Typhoon92 said:

Some cool facts:

last year shot a 13 under par 57 on my 6500 yard home course.

second year in a row with every round being par or better.

finally got fit for a driver and can't believe the difference

stumbled upon -1/2" irons like I "should" have and can't believe how I find the center more.

playing golf with my group is when I like who I am.  Other than that I don't like the person I am everyday.

I do not know why he would be trolling-But I feel like he is. Nobody is out there shooting 57 and NEVER shooting above par-But asking these kinds of questions.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

1 hour ago, Typhoon92 said:

My head moves back a bit on the backswing but at impact and follow through it returns to the address position.  I'm having a hard time getting myself " past the ball" so my head finishes past the address position.  

Tough to get myself past without feeling I'm going to flip or fall over toward the target

One of the you tube golf instructors, maintains that you actually have two axis's during the swing and your head is centered over each as you shift. I never really bought into that either, but what do I know? (don't answer that).

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I don't understand any of this.  With any luck...I won't.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

4 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

" I expected more from a varsity letterman."

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Passed. The word is passed, as in "passed the ball" unless we are talking about time travel.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Passed. The word is passed, as in "passed the ball" unless we are talking about time travel.

semantics.  Actually, I think he was right in then first place. Like saying, "take the next right, just "past" the sign post." OTOH, your version is applicable as well as in " I passed him on the left". ,Third version "I passed the exam". English is a stupid language. Latin based languages have better structure.  Meanwhile, "Please pass the taters, Beauford".

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

2 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

semantics.  Actually, I think he was right in then first place. Like saying, "take the next right, just "past" the sign post." OTOH, your version is applicable as well as in " I passed him on the left". ,Third version "I passed the exam". English is a stupid language. Latin based languages have better structure.  Meanwhile, "Please pass the taters, Beauford".

I was just being a PITA nerd to kind of take away the trollishness of the thread. 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On December 14, 2018 at 6:19 PM, JetFan1983 said:

Hahaha...I'm the height of a troll.... And I'm am +3 that has learned to compensate.  

It seems to be driving through the ball.  My head moves a bit off the ball on the backswing, which is fine and returns to the address position at Impact but I flip the club some instead of pushing through impact with my right leg.  id like everything just on the other side of the ball I guess is a way to explain it.

when I try it, I flip it because I feel a block.

Jeez...maybe I shouldn't have said anything...u guys should know by now I'm not trolling.

My pro said its not so bad with the driver but the irons it's more apparent.  I can't post a video, file gets too large.

Tell u what, I'll just stop now.  Just trying to make my swing better so it's easier on my body.  I might not drop a stroke, really don't care about that.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

Hahaha...I'm the height of a troll.... And I'm am +3 that has learned to compensate.  

It seems to be driving through the ball.  My head moves a bit off the ball on the backswing, which is fine and returns to the address position at Impact but I flip the club some instead of pushing through impact with my right leg.  id like everything just on the other side of the ball I guess is a way to explain it.

when I try it, I flip it because I feel a block.

You should post your swing on the ‘My Swing’ thread. It might give inspiration to see a compensating, flipping swing who plays it to a +3. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Just now, Vinsk said:

You should post your swing on the ‘My Swing’ thread. It might give inspiration to see a compensating, flipping swing who plays it to a +3. 

Whenever I've videod my swing on my phone I can't email it because it's too large and I don't use shutterfly or any of those image hosting sights.  I use V1 golf ...but again, file is too big.

Tough crowd here trying to prove your swing is not perfect!  Haha

We have this software at work called " swing guru".  It videos your swing and grades different parts...address, backswing, top of the swing etc...  So I am lucky to get an "80%" for a score.

We have a guy that comes in, terribly out of shape, can barely hit it 200 yards off the tee and shoots 95-100.  Wanna guess his scores on the swing guru???  Almost 100% every time.  

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

Whenever I've videod my swing on my phone I can't email it because it's too large and I don't use shutterfly or any of those image hosting sights.  I use V1 golf ...but again, file is too big.

Tough crowd here trying to prove your swing is not perfect!  Haha

YouTube, man. Your video is not too big for YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you shot 57 flipping/hanging back, I'm gonna quit. I'm going to officially declare 'golf is unsolvable' with a trademark of my own.

Ok, kidding, but really, PLEASE figure out a way to post your swing. We are dying out of curiosity here..

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 1950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!