IGNORED

How Far Can You Take Your Game?

Jossypit
Note: This thread is 1845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Welcome to TST Jossypit. Maybe if you gave us a little more detail of your game.. index. Avg distance from the tee, your major weekness, your trainning plan, and everything related to your current game? do you have statistics? Stroke gained? Did you learn proper strategy? etc etc.
With more info we can give u better feedback.

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

Welcome to TST Jossypit. Maybe if you gave us a little more detail of your game.. index. Avg distance from the tee, your major weekness, your trainning plan, and everything related to your current game? do you have statistics? Stroke gained? Did you learn proper strategy? etc etc.
With more info we can give u better feedback.

Hey bud thanks for the welcome. I’m left handed and i hit the ball around 280-300 off the tee.my bad round is low 80’s my bad shot with my irons are a little tug,and my putter runs hot and cold,like to think I chip/pitch well and get up and down more often then not,and a bad habit which I don’t do anymore was my grip  which was bottom hand strong and since I’ve sorted my grip I’ve been going low 70’s.i shot 71 level par Sunday on our championship course (east) then played today on our west course and got to 18th par 3 and I was -1 par and 3putted ended level par just something has clicked which I think is my grip  and has played a huge part in my game.two rounds in a row now level par I’m soo stoked

7 minutes ago, Jossypit said:

Hey bud thanks for the welcome. I’m left handed and i hit the ball around 280-300 off the tee.my bad round is low 80’s my bad shot with my irons are a little tug,and my putter runs hot and cold,like to think I chip/pitch well and get up and down more often then not,and a bad habit which I don’t do anymore was my grip  which was bottom hand strong and since I’ve sorted my grip I’ve been going low 70’s.i shot 71 level par Sunday on our championship course (east) then played today on our west course and got to 18th par 3 and I was -1 par and 3putted ended level par just something has clicked which I think is my grip  and has played a huge part in my game.two rounds in a row now level par I’m soo stoked

Ok. I’m left handed too....so I’d really like to see your swing. Your game is solid based on your scores so as others have mentioned it would be very helpful and interesting to see a breakdown of your stats. Do you use any apps to track your rounds? Do you have any swing thoughts or do you just grip it and rip it?

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Ok. I’m left handed too....so I’d really like to see your swing. Your game is solid based on your scores so as others have mentioned it would be very helpful and interesting to see a breakdown of your stats. Do you use any apps to track your rounds? Do you have any swing thoughts or do you just grip it and rip it?

Yeah my local club got a website and I have a account on there that tracks all my comps scores.so u could look on there it’s called Saunton golf club north Devon,only a few swing thoughts square is square and rip it 😂 

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I tried putting my swing on here but won’t let me upload it from my iPhone 

37 minutes ago, Jossypit said:

Yeah my local club got a website and I have a account on there that tracks all my comps scores.so u could look on there it’s called Saunton golf club north Devon,only a few swing thoughts square is square and rip it 😂 

I tried putting my swing on here but won’t let me upload it from my iPhone 

Follow the directions to post it to Youtube, and then link the video to this site.  Make sure not to mark it "private".  Lots of us are curious

Edited by DaveP043

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Scores are not everything. Maybe you are just having a good streak. Sometimes i shoot 4..5 really good scores and after that i go back an shoot my usual scores. You need to know why you are shooting lower than before and that knoledge only came from statistics. 
The other day i shoot under par but after looking at the stats it was just a hot putting day. Tee to green was exactly the same and i don´t practice putting at all, just got lucky.

If you started 16 months ago and are already shooting par now, I don't think there's anyone who can advise you as to your game development.  Keep doing what you're doing. Take life advice, but be very careful about taking golf advice if what you stated above is really true.

I'm going to assume it's true, so I'll just say compete against the best fields you possibly can as often as you can.

Edited by 3jacker
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, 3jacker said:

If you started 16 months ago and are already shooting par now, I don't think there's anyone who can advise you as to your game development.  Keep doing what you're doing. Take life advice, but be very careful about taking golf advice if what you stated above is really true.

I'm going to assume it's true, so I'll just say compete against the best fields you possibly can as often as you can.

this was a swing from a few months back. my grips a lot better now,and I don’t rock back as much 👍

Just now, Jossypit said:

this was a swing from a few months back. my grips a lot better now,and I don’t rock back as much 👍

3 hours ago, 3jacker said:

Cheers pal thanks for the kind words. that has been my theory once I started playing was to figure it out myself,which has got to 5 so far,but what do u mean being careful about taking golf advice ? Cheers 

4 hours ago, Jossypit said:

Cheers pal thanks for the kind words. that has been my theory once I started playing was to figure it out myself,which has got to 5 so far,but what do u mean being careful about taking golf advice ? Cheers 

Your swing is much better than mine. You’ve managed to develop some good mechanics despite no instruction so you have some solid natural ability. If you seriously want to continue to improve I would suggest you start a swing thread (these vids can be moved) where some highly qualified instructors can guide you. I think @3jacker is cautioning you in regards to there being a lot of poor advice lurking out there. Evolvr is a very reasonably priced online instruction program you can get through this website and you can be sure you have a current and knowledgeable instructor. The swing thread is free but you don’t get personalized experience and the times between assessments can vary. You’ll get one on one instruction with Evolvr. The great thing about this place is the true dedication to golf and learning the game. The owner, @iacas and the moderators and the instructors will not let you get sidetracked. If someone posts advice to you that sucks it will be addressed so you won’t be wondering what the hell is the right advice. You’ve got one hell of a start I’d say and you certainly have potential to get even better. I do think you’re at a point where getting some good honest feedback would benefit you greatly. You won’t be told to rebuild your swing (asinine imo). They’ll take what you have, where you are and start with one set piece at a time. Hope this helps some. Cheers and good luck!

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

16 hours ago, Jossypit said:

Vinsk summed it up nicely. 

99% of golfers are worse at the game than you.  Even though you basically just started. Remember that. 

What they relate to you is based on their experience, which is far different from yours.  It's not relevant and at best a waste of your time, at worst detrimental to your game.  

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

Vinsk summed it up nicely. 

99% of golfers are worse at the game than you.  Even though you basically just started. Remember that. 

What they relate to you is based on their experience, which is far different from yours.  It's not relevant and at best a waste of your time, at worst detrimental to your game.  

Thanks pal,well said.I will defo take on that advice cheers mate 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, Jossypit said:

Thanks pal,well said.I will defo take on that advice cheers mate 👍

Wow this is killing me. I can't see the videos. I see an image, but as soon as I click play the image goes black and then I hear the club strike ball. I am missing out on history here.  

19 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Wow this is killing me. I can't see the videos. I see an image, but as soon as I click play the image goes black and then I hear the club strike ball. I am missing out on history here.  

They’re full picture pal, hardly missing out on history,u sound like like a rite bellend 

After thinking about this topics title, I am pretty sure my game has been as far as I could take it, and is now on it's way back.

• Like 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I thought when I hit 60 that would be it but have pleasantly surprised myself by smashing my best ever by 12 shots twice in the past three weeks . Don't ask me ,Im hitting straight long drives ,chipping  like never before and if I could only putt Ive told my pals Im turning pro !

Well not quite but Im enjoying it while it lasts 

2 hours ago, Jossypit said:

They’re full picture pal, hardly missing out on history,u sound like like a rite bellend 

OK, I can see them now. I was having some computer issues yesterday I guess. Nice swing! Oh, and sounds like you may have insulted me 😊 I learned a new term.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!