IGNORED

Top 10 Uses for Alignment Sticks

Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I stumbled across this.

TOP 10 GOLF TOUR ALIGNMENT STICK DRILLS EVER! >> Top 10 Golf Tour Alignment Stick Drills Ever!1. Stop Spinning Out Of The Shot, Tour...

I'm not an alignment sticks guy. What do you think? 

Do these drills have value? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not an alignment stakes guy either; but they are useful for propping up tomato plants and fishing stuff out from under the couch.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• iacas changed the title to Top 10 Uses for Alignment Sticks
  • Administrator

Not a bad set of ten drills.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like using alignment sticks.   Besides those shown in the video I've used them on the putting green just in front of the hole to make sure that I have enough speed to make it in the hole.   I've also placed them about 18" behind the hole to help with putting distance.  They are one of the better training aides you can use.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I stumbled across this.

TOP 10 GOLF TOUR ALIGNMENT STICK DRILLS EVER! >> Top 10 Golf Tour Alignment Stick Drills Ever!1. Stop Spinning Out Of The Shot, Tour...

I'm not an alignment sticks guy. What do you think? 

Do these drills have value? 

I’ve used several of the drills listed. I struggle with the ‘Plane’ one as I just can’t swing comfortably with the damn sticks there. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I have done quite a few of these ten, 7 at least, especially those that can help me with body rotation. Have also used them as a visual aid in keeping the majority of my swings inside out. I do not use them every day but as a series of drill I do on and every other week basis.  For the price I paid, well worth it!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I mostly use mine to hold my towel on my bag, but they do get used occasionally when I practice.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!