IGNORED

Your Club Cleaning Setup

nikeman6
Note: This thread is 4712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You guys have too much time on your hands! Jeez, these are golf clubs not precious gems or expensive cars. They are tools, use a wet towel to clean them after each shot them every so often a bucket of water and a brush of some type. I don't know, maybe I am just out of touch but spending hours cleaning and polishing a golf club seems like a giant waste of time.

WOW.....I second that

I hot water and soap my grips every couple of weeks, and change them out every 3 months or so....I focus on the other end of the club. Polishing them....really????

Wet towel on the bag and a soft brush for persistent dirt, clean after every shot. Every now and then when I bother, I rinse them in running water and use a larger soft brush.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use the sink in my kitchen...it's a double so I fill one side with soap and water and rinse them in the other. For those of you that use HOT water be careful not to submerge the head up to the ferrule into the water as it can cause the epoxy resin to let go and you might get a nice loose ferrule on your irons.

I clean mine after every shot, so I don't need to clean them in the sink too often.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Then again I am also the guy who thinks iron covers are the lamest golf item you can possibly own. If your irons look like new then you aren't playing enough!

Plus, they're bad for forged clubs.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

i give my clubs to the club cleaner dude along with a couple of bucks and the magically get cleaned. oh and brush for the grooves during a round is helpful as well.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I don't have a formal setup.

I have a towel on my bag wet on one end dry on the other. Clean after every shot. Once in a while I will use a household spray cleaner like Fantastic and an old toothbrush on grooves and lettering. Mothers mag polish occasionally on irons and Turtle wax carnuaba on painted woods and persimmon. If I use the persimmon, they are usually cleaned and waxed after every round.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

If a job's worth doing, it's worth building a machine to do it for you.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

During a round I leave keep part of my towel wet and give the iron a quick wipe after the shot as I'm walking down the fairway. Really quickly if the shot was off the toe or hosel. If it was a particularly awesome shot I might leave the bits of grass on there to allow others to see how much I rock. If my towel dries out, there's always saliva - nature's original cleanser.

At the driving range I wipe them down every 3 or 4 shots. For one, too much sand changes the swing weight and it also puts scuff marks on the range balls and since some guys like to use those out on the course, I think it's good etiquette.

When I'm bored in the evening and the kids are in bed, I've been known to throw the irons into a bucket of warm water with a dash of Tide Stain Release - it cleans, polishes, and smells fantastic. Nylon bristled brush only - like they say, brass can ____ my ____.
  • Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I don't want the heads to be submerged for any length of time.

Agreed - when I soak I make sure the water level is such that only the heads are submerged and not the ferrule.

You guys have too much time on your hands! Jeez, these are golf clubs not precious gems or expensive cars. They are tools... I don't know, maybe I am just out of touch...

If you don't think tools need to be cleaned and cared for then you *are* out of touch!

...but spending hours cleaning and polishing a golf club seems like a giant waste of time.

Heh, I agree, spending hours might be overkill but if someone loves their clubs that much I won't begrudge them their obsession.

Bill

At the driving range I wipe them down every 3 or 4 shots. For one, too much sand changes the swing weight and it also puts scuff marks on the range balls and since some guys like to use those out on the course, I think it's good etiquette.

You magnificent bastard!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

if my grooves look dirty during a round, spit on club face + wipe with towel. Kinda gross. :)

Once in awhile, if the clubs are looking gross with dirt and such, a little dish washing soap + nylon brush and dry.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I use a small bucket and a just a dab of dishsoap. For me it gives me something to look forward to when I get home from work and after being trapped in my cubical all day I look forward to the break. I get to sit out on my patio with a cold beer and a baseball game on the radio cleaning up the clubs and reflecting on last weeks round and thinking about the next. So for me it's more theraputic than anything else.

A clean club is a happy club

Personally I don't think my clubs really give a $%

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I soak and clean the heads and wipe the grips every couple weeks or so with mild soapy water. Also after every round I clean my clubs with disenfectant wipes. Gets all the germs off

In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

i have someone come around my house after a round and clean mine for me.

i think she uses lemon pledge and a rag
Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

I try to keep one end of my towel damp to clean the heads and I have a small brass wire brush hanging on my bag to clean the grooves. I try to wipe down the grips after each round/practice session. If it's been a while for the grips, I'll usually use some warm water with a little dish soap and a nylon brush. Quick rinse and dry. Done

Coming to you from the now, in the middle of now.

Driver- TRX Ti 10.5* w/ UST V2 Stiff
5-wood- Verve w/ UST ProForce 75 Stiff
Hybrid- Verve #3 w/ Grafalloy Epic hybrid shaft StiffIrons- Pursuit C510 Forged Cavity Backs 4-PW w/ Rifle 6.0Wedges- SGS Black 52* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold High Launch...

Note: This thread is 4712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!